Tied in finding the best between Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC? Are you also the one confused about which cable modem Wifi router to select?
Competing Netgear’s one model with another would be quite easy, as the customer knows that the brand is a popular one and both the products would be trustworthy.
- COMPATIBLE WITH XFINITY INTERNET & VOICE SERVICE: Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and non-Xfinity voice services.
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router + Xfinity telephony
- But, the difficulty lies when you start comparing one company with another!
As we know that the world is rapidly increasing with more and more demand for getting a high-speed internet connection.
Every customer asks for getting an affordable Wifi router at their place, and most of the time also along with the cable modem that works effectively.
An outstanding cable modem works fine for internet connection so we thought of providing the comparison between Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC.
- Netgear and Arris always stand in the market with one after another superb model.
Before getting into further details, let’s first find a quick comparative analysis.
Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC – Comparative Analysis
There might be a lot of options in the market for modems and routers, but we compared Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC because of the high demand of customers.
Before picking anyone, every person looks for the good speed in the device. Without a doubt, both devices come with great technologies.
The only difference is that Netgear C7100V has an internet speed of 1900 Mbps. Whereas, Arris SVG2482AC comes with 1750 Mbps of great speed.
Both of the modems would require an ISP provider, so they can handle the connections, but just to let you know, Netgear gives an excellent performance of 5 GHz.
The other difference lies in the price which considers being one main difference among Netgear vs Arris.
- Arris arrives at a much lower price that is easily affordable by most of the customers.
Whereas Netgear C7100V is a bit expensive and that is justified, of course, because it is providing a sufficient speed of 1.9 Gbps.
The important part of any modem is communication canter. The chipset acts as these centres for the cable modem routers. These chipset manages the incoming and outgoing traffic as well as adjusts the compatibility with RAM, CPU, and hard drive.
So, keeping these in mind Netgear utilizes Broadcom BCM3384Z while the other, Arris has an Intel Puma 6. Broadcom considers being one of the best fourth-generation chipsets.
- Whereas talking about Intel, it is also a well-known chipset but some of the customers’ experience wasn’t good with Intel Puma 6.
So, basically, these two top picked modems, Netgear vs Arris, gives you a combination of router and modem as well as, they possess the elite features satisfying their users.
If there is still some confusion left, you can keep on reading to know in detail about the specs, pros, cons, general review, and multiple features between Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: C7100V-1AZNAS | Wifi Coverage: Up to 1800 sq. ft. | Wifi Speed: Up to 1900 Mbps | Ethernet Ports: 4 |
No need to buy a separate device as C7100V works as a router as well as a modem. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear C7100V Review
The Nighthawk device, Netgear C7100V, is actually used as both, a router and a modem. The triple-play services that C7100V offers are the Internet facility, voice, and also the cable TV option.
Talking about the design, Netgear Nighthawk C7100V comes in a sleek and simple layout that looks amazingly beautiful while placed anywhere in your home. It comes with a unique modem technology of DOCSIS 3.0 and channel bonding of 24×8.
This means the cable modem Wifi router gives you access to twenty-four downstream channels and eight upstream channels at a very high Internet connection. So, you can conveniently watch your favourite programs and download whatever you like without any lagging problems.
The extra strong and robust processor of 1.6 GHz comes installed in the router so it has the facility to support even the highest Internet speeds. The wire-free router allows the user to connect multiple devices to the network as it comes with the dual bandwidth technology.
So, the Netgear C7100V has a communication standard of AC1900 that supports 2.4 GHz as well as 5 GHz, supporting a comprehensive speed of 1900 Mbps. The company also made sure to provide a strong and fast Internet connection no matter if the maximum devices are connected.
Moreover, there is the fastest speed called the Xfinity speed that is offered by Comcast to the router. So, while Comcast Xfinity activates, this model recommends an Internet speed between 200 Mbps and 500 Mbps.
There are four Gigabit Ethernet ports and the availability of 2 USB ports that give wired connectivity. Moreover, the gadget also has beamforming+ technology that helps in strengthening the Wifi range.
So, if you are getting a weak internet connection in any area of your home, this beamforming+ technology helps to give direct signals towards the particular Wifi device, thus enhancing the signals.
Overall, the cable modem router possesses all the features that a user would want while paying.
Better Wifi Coverage
- The Netgear C7100V provides strong and reliable Wifi coverage that boosts up the range.
- It comes with a coverage of 1,800 square feet to enjoy perfect streaming.
- The cable modem Wifi router has a dual bandwidth technology offering 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- So, with the AC1900 standard, the router supports up to a speed of 1900 Mbps to get HD streaming and play games.
Xfinity Internet Service
- The modem also supports the fastest speed connection that comes with Comcast.
- So, the C7100V functions fantastically with Xfinity by Comcast.
Compatible with Voice Service
- The Netgear C7100V is also compatible with voice services.
- Such as two telephone lines are supporting a caller ID, 3-way conference call, call forwarding, and many such improved features.
- This compatibility is basically to prioritize the voice over the Internet so the user can make sure of a clear voice call.
Beamforming + Technology
- The advanced beamforming+ technology is one amazing feature of Netgear Nighthawk C7100V.
- If, unfortunately, you are not getting proper signals on your particular device.
- This technology directs the signals towards the device and ensures a strong Internet connection by prioritizing it.
Maximum Devices Connection
- With ample Wifi coverage and robust Internet connection, you can connect up to 30 devices and use them efficiently altogether.
- Not only this, but the cable modem Wifi router also offers versatile connections.
- It appears with four Gigabit Ethernet ports and also two USB ports, so to provide the user with wired connectivity.
- Now, you can connect multiple devices with your modem such that computers, game boxes, printers, storage devices, and multiple others.
Advanced Modem Technology
- The modem technology includes DOCSIS 3.0 and a channel bonding of 24×8.
- It means that the Netgear C7100V allows a fast download through 8 upstream and 24 downstream channels.
- The security features come equipped with parental controls.
- Also, it supports WEP and a wireless security protocol of WPA/WPA2.
Brand Name: Arris | Model Number: SVG2482AC | Wifi Speed: 1750 Mbps | Telephone Ports: 2 | Ethernet Ports: 4 |
Get the advanced voice features and also the Xfinity service with Comcast through this amazing SVG2482AC. Check Price from Amazon
Arris SVG2482AC Review
Arris SVG2482AC is another option for users if they want to get the modem compatible with Comcast Xfinity!
Not only this, but the compatibility list also includes other options such as voice modems so to get clarity in calls as well. Coming towards the design, it has a modern design that is very lightweight, and easily portable by users.
One of the important features that Arris SURFBoard comes with is that this combo modem/router uses an RDK-B technology.
It is an open-source technology that aids in providing a cable Internet with a simple software standard that helps in developing new features. They are much comfortable to integrate into the router, thus assisting users with advanced products from the cable Internet provider.
Furthermore, it varies in wireless technology so you get a maximum speed of 1750 Mbps through a dual bandwidth. So, you can adjust the Wifi speed to any of the bandwidth of your choice.
Even the coverage of the router is compatible with other routers of the same type, so there shouldn’t be any issue while maintaining a powerful signal within your house.
As discussed before with Netgear C7100V, Arris SVG2482AC also provides 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels through the channel bonding. Moreover, there is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem technology.
One of the downsides is the chipset of Arris SVG2482AC. The modem/router Arris utilizes a Puma 6 chip that doesn’t found to be working well enough. There are some slower internet speed issues, and fewer latency problems identified.
But, if you notice all the features and specs of Arris SVG2482AC, you will find it a perfect device for daily internet usage.
Dual-Band Wifi Technology
- The latest Arris SVG2482AC arrives with a dual-band technology offering a good internet speed.
- It has the usual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz of Wifi bands.
- Arris supports the advanced AC1750 standard compatible with a speed of 1750 Mbps.
- Moreover, the Wifi speed is best for providing cable internet plans up to 600 Mbps.
- Like Netgear C7100V, this model also supports the technology of DOCSIS.
- Not only this, but it also has a 24×8 channel bonding giving an enough upstream and downstream so the user can download whatever they want.
- The modem comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports to get sufficient wired connectivity.
- So, the user can attain a high-speed for connecting devices like computers, smart TVs, gaming boxes, etc.
- The Arris SVG2482AC is also compatible with Xfinity Internet by Comcast.
- Not only this, but the built-in voice service permits the user to receive a clear voice and enhance caller ID, call forwarding, etc.
- There are multiple security features such as WPA/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(AES), and also the open connection facility is available.
No Monthly Rental Fees
- You don’t have to pay extra money or spend on monthly rental fees as the modem is free for maximum time once you buy the device.
Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC – Find a Verdict
Getting towards a final verdict between Netgear C7100V vs Arris SVG2482AC, what our opinion is that both are supreme models in their companies.
It’s always the choice of customers whatever cable modem router they want to buy. We tried to assist you with all the specs and features of both the modems separately.
But, if you want to get slightly more speed than AC1900, then go for Netgear C7100V. Whereas if you are happy buying the modem with AC1750 at an affordable price, then Arris SVG2482AC is a great option!