To get the best idea of which brand or model of any modem to purchase, one must keep few things in their minds.
Out of those few things bandwidth, compatibility and budget are the most important things. Netgear nighthawk CM1150V works great with Xfinity voice and delivers gigabit internet speed. It is the most advanced DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem with two telephone ports for excellent clarity in calls.
- COMPATIBLE WITH XFINITY INTERNET & VOICE SERVICE: Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and non-Xfinity voice services.
Netgear nighthawk CM1150V can be connected with any compatible Wi-Fi router to get the wireless connectivity. However it contains 4 Ethernet ports for wired connectivity.
Nighthawk CM1150V is not only future proof in terms of bandwidth and hardware but it is also exceptionally equipped for easy usage even for the people who are not any network experts.
CM1150V can be customized according to the needs of more advanced users but its simplicity in the terms of setup and maintenance is one of the key highlights of this modem. Before i get started with this cable modem, if you need the list of best Netgear routers here it is.
Brand name: Netgear | Series: Nighthawk | Model number: CM1150V | DOCSIS Protocol: 3.1 | Item Weight: 21.27 oz. / 1.3lb | Dimensions: 6.1 x 3.4 x 10.3 inches |
CM1150V is a perfect purchase for the Comcast users with gigabit internet and voice packages. With 5 minute installation time you can get a subtle and fast internet speed. Check Price from Amazon
- The design of CM1150V consists of the triangular holes in it which not only enhances the beauty but also serves for the ventilation and airflow purposes. The sleek hexagonal design with stand, is unique in its shape rather than being Ordinary Square or rectangular shape.
- The vertical position plays a critical role in keeping the device cool from all sides otherwise modems and routers may heat up very fast if one side is blocked for airflow. On the front side of modem there is a column of high contrast LEDs. It’s also suitable for gaming as well.
- They are helpful in setting up and using your network. On the backside there are 4 Ethernet ports, 2 Phone ports, a Cable coaxial port and a power cable port. There is also a power button and reset button.
- The setup is basically just five minutes work. All you have to do is simply plug in your coaxial cable into the modem. As this device was manufactured keeping in mind Xfinity users so for most of Xfinity users this modem will self-activate but there are two more options. For activation you can choose any one method from the two
- Call your cable provider to activate on call.
- Connect Ethernet cable to your system and follow the setup on screen.
- Now you can connect your modem and Wi-Fi router with Ethernet cable and start using. As for voice calling services just plug in your telephone line and you are good to go.
- CM1150V is designed to provide the ultra-high speeds with fastest speed packages. It is ideal for Gigabit internet cable plans which most of the internet service providers are upgrading to. CM1150V supports Xfinity plans with up to 2Gbps speed and ensures the reliable and smooth internet speed for 4K HD streaming and gaming.
- Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V is a DOCSIS 3.1 version device which is the most advanced version of DOCSIS protocol. This feature enables gadget to be compatible with future generations of speed upgrades. DOCSIS 3.1 is 10 times faster than the previous standards.
- But it doesn’t mean that it won’t be working with previous standards. CM1150V is backward compatible with 3.0 versions. With DOCSIS 3.1 the internet downloading and uploading speeds shoots up to the roof with supporting up to 10Gbps downloading and 1Gbps uploading speeds.
- Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V has 4 Ethernet ports that allows the blazing high wired speeds to your computer and compatible router (e.g. Netgear Nighthawk AX8) but just not only that CM1150V can also generate 2Gbps by aggregating them into 2 ports.
- CM1150V has two telephone ports for voice calling. It also supports enhanced features like 3-way conferencing, caller ID, call forwarding and many other similar features. This is ideal for home of small office usage. Voice calling feature is prioritized over internet for better and clear call quality. The telephone ports are one of the distinguished feature of nighthawk CM1150V which makes it stand out amongst other competitive modems.
- Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V utilizes the maximum bonded channels available which is 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels with 2×2 OFDM. This maximum utilization of channels allows lag free and smooth internet speed. This helps best during the peak traffic hours.
- Protection of the network and security is mostly the job done by routers not the modems. However Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V provides automatic security updates to the firmware for network protection. CM1150V has lifted the liability of firmware updates from the shoulders of its users by doing automatically by itself.
- Which is a huge relief for some busy people who tend to forget updating their devices. The protection provided by the modem CM1150V extends to the devices which are connected to the network even if those device don’t have their own separate installed antivirus software programs. This is an added security layer provided to most of the devices connected to CM1150V.
- Better than renting a modem is to own it. This idea has changed so many people’s life by saving on a lot of rental fees. This makes Nighthawk CM1150V suitable for budget friendly choices.
- Other specification which are considered while purchasing a modem can be a good RAM and Flash memory. Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V has 128MB RAM and 256MB Flash Memory. It uses OFDM as the line coding format.
- CM1150V is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, DSL providers, Direct TV and DISH. It is also not compatible with non-Xfinity bundled voice services.
Netgear nighthawk CM1150V is best suitable for medium sized places. It delivers gigabit speeds along with the excellent clarity in calls provided by Xfinity networks. CM1150V by Netgear has pair of ports for phone line to utilize Comsat’s calling services. CM1150V is a perfect solution for those who are novice in the networking line and want to experience something simple and hard solid in terms of internet and voice calling experience. Stop renting your modems own them!