Everybody wants a WiFi router that does not include connectivity issues in the package.
But do you want to get that without burdening your future expenses? Then Netgear is the right name for you! This article will help you to choose the best netgear router between both Netgear r6400 vs r6700.
This company is renowned for manufacturing WiFi devices at affordable prices with the basic aim of providing superb connections throughout your area.
The entire Netgear R series comes with solid features that make them good competitors with other AC wireless routers in the market. The brand offers powerful routers in terms of connectivity and speed.
This review would provide a handy comparison: Netgear R6400 vs R6700.
The similarity in their names might make it difficult to distinguish between the two but by the time you finish going through it, you will have a clearer idea of similarities, differences, and features of each device.
Netgear R6400 vs R6700 Review
Both of them possess unique look perfect to go with house interiors.
Furthermore, they are capable of working with dual bands. It provides a solid speed of 1750 Mbps fit for online gaming and HD video streaming.
Both Netgear 6400 vs 6700 come with external antennas and beamforming technology to strengthen WiFi signal across the house.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: R6400 | WiFi: AC1750| WiFi Version: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 12.9 x 9.8 x 3.7 inches | Weight: 3.18 lbs |
Netgear R6400 provides stable networking and lets you enjoy HD streaming and games seamlessly! Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R6400 AC1750 Review
It is a near model that makes use of a dual-band system. Utilizing the beamforming technology, it ensures a robust connection throughout your house.
The speed is fast and coverage is quite stable making it one of the best gaming routers available. You also do not need to worry about long-range connectivity.
The signals spread to every corner thanks to powerful antennas. Every connected user would get to enjoy high-speed networking regardless of the distance from the WiFi router.
Netgear R6400 is equipped with powerful amplifiers. These boost signals to improve overall strength and experience. The QoS feature makes surfing and HD streaming interruption-free and more fun.
With advanced parental control, you can exercise restrictions on which content is available. You can choose to limit web access for your family’s safety. This sums all the reasons why R6400 has become the go-to choice for many users.
- R6400 features 2 external USB ports (2.0 and 3.0). In contrast to this, R6700 only has 1 3.0 USB port with which you can connect a flash drive for data sharing.
- This might not look like a benefit on the basis of which most people decide the type of WiFi router to choose.
- However, it is a deal-breaker for those who would want to connect 2 devices via USB at the same time for example a printer and storage devices lacking WiFi connection.
Cyber-Security For Your Home
- Do you want to keep your home network safe from cyber threats? Secure it from smart devices and mobile phones using Netgear Armor. Stream free of virus attacks, malware, and other cyber malfunctions.
- You can check the security status of all the devices at once and also opt to receive alerts when threats are blocked on any of the connected devices.
Amazing Parental Controls
- As head of the family, you might want to manage the content allowed and also limit the time online. You can do so using the Netgear Circle feature. Feel free to exercise a time limit on daily internet use for apps, sites, and devices.
- You can choose to pause the internet simply with a press of a button. The bedtime option automatically shuts down the internet at the chosen time for each member separately.
- If you share the routers with others then it is important to prioritize network traffic. This is because other users can steal bandwidth (unintentionally!) and affect the performance of your device when you need valuable internet urgently.
- Do you want to avoid lag when playing online games? Did you know that if your PC decides to run a background update at the same time it would make your game suffer?
- With advanced Quality of Service, you can prioritize applications and clients one over the other. This would make network use efficient and save you from frustrating experiences.
- These features stop older connected devices from producing lag on newer, more important ones. Netgear R6400 automatically takes care of this issue by ensuring that network use is equal to all devices.
ReadyShare For Easier Use
- Netgear R6400 ReadyShare feature will solve all your sharing problems. ReadyShare USB makes sharing of USB hard drive efficient. With the utmost flexibility, you can simply share using wire or WiFi connections.
- Similarly, the ReadyShare printer allows you to print from remote locations. Who has time to plug the printer to PC when you have an easy way out! Quite convenient!
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: R6700 | WiFi: AC1750| WiFi Version: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.3 x 1.97 inches | Weight: 1.65 lbs |
Additional security features added to the device saves your home systems from viruses, malware and cyber-threats. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R6700 AC1750 Review
It is definitely one of the best routers in the market capable of connecting with multiple devices at once. The wider range lets you use up to 15 devices at a time without any compromise on the network speed.
Netgear R6700 offers a dual-band system and 1700 Mbps speed. With the great processor, you can enjoy HD streaming and gaming without the worry of delays and lagging.
Beamforming technology yet another catch! It lets you spread the WiFi signals al around the house so every user gets stable connections regardless of their distance from the router.
Detachable external antennas make the router more portable and features like parental controls ensure you decide what to watch. Lastly, compatibility with Alexa adds extra cherry to the top giving it a perfected use.
1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- The dual-core processor in Netgear R6700 is more robust as compared to the R6400 series. We know that the processor plays a key role in maintaining reliable performance. It is involved in routing traffic or limiting unwanted traffic.
- This ultimately has an effect on the efficiency of other features as well. 1 GHz dual-core processor allows stable connection with multiple devices which is not a feature of R6400. It can easily process 1 billion bits of information at a time.
- As compared to this Netgear R6400 can only handle 800 bits. The processor enhances the beamforming ability of the router and optimizes streaming capacity which is more for R6700 than R6400.
- Netgear R6700 also offers security from cyber-threats and also the flexibility to exercise parental controls. The feeling of being free of damage from malware, spyware, and viruses enhances overall internet experience.
- With a parental check, you choose to pause internet, allow access to restricted content, and select bed-time for each member separately.
Superior WiFi Coverage
- The Netgear R6700 has been classified as one of the routers with the ultimate range and coverage. It is uniquely designed to cover all the areas in a large home. With 3 high-power external antennas, you can completely rely on it for a stable and strong connection.
- These antennas are also detachable and adjustable. Feel free to adjust the direction to suit the requirements of your home.
Advanced Security Features
- The WiFi network here is protected via WPA2 encryption. This efficiently keeps out unwanted intruders. The option of offering Guest Network is also available that will function separately from your main network.
- Netgear R6700 supports remote VPN access. This means you can contact the home network securely from anywhere in the world!
Netgear R6400 vs R6700: What’s The Difference?
|Netgear R6400||Netgear R6700|
|Processor||800 MHz dual-core||1 GHz dual-core|
Which one should you opt for?
The final answer depends on what you need. R6700 is best for fast processing whereas multiple USB ports are the best feature for R6400. Netgear R6700 also offers wide coverage and stable connectivity. It will help you manage multiple devices with great internet speed.
With beamforming technology, this WiFi router will establish strong connections throughout your place perfect for gaming and HD streaming. It also has great security features to keep you safe from viruses and malware. It is cheaper than R6400 and thus suitable for your pocket.