It is hardly likely to find a Wi-Fi router so good that you don’t experience dead zones and connectivity problems. Isn’t that right? So, in order to deal with such issues, we would talk about Orbi vs Velop.
Regardless of the router you choose, dead spots are a common problem, especially in larger homes. In response to this, many users tend to go for Wi-Fi range extenders but, do you really need to bear the hassle of setting up such devices?
We would not!
The times have progressed fast and two of the best tech-companies came up with their networking solutions namely Velop and Orbi.
- Apple HomeKit Enabled
- No more dead zones: Whole home mesh WiFi coverage of up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices. Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name. Extend coverage up to 2,500 square feet with additional satellites.(sold separately)
Although the aim of both products is to ensure that Wi-Fi signals cover every spot of the house, their approach in doing so is quite different.
In this article, we would present a complete review of Orbi vs Velop and discover how they are different and similar in various aspects.
Orbi vs Velop – A Quick Comparison
The first key difference between Orbi vs Velop is their coverage. Orbi can cover a swooping 5000 square feet of area whereas Velop is only capable of providing coverage for 2,000 square feet.
- The compatibility of the two products is different as well.
Luckily, both of these support Amazon Alexa but with Velop you can start to use voice control right away whereas Orbi’s integration with Alexa requires you to add Netgear skills from the Amazon app.
In terms of design, Netgear Orbi has quite a minimal approach. It is a simple rectangular device with use-friendly LED lights on top.
Linksys Velop seems like a small stereo. It hosts a combination of blue, red, and violet LEDs. There is also a ventilation panel on the top so the WiFi system does not heat up quickly.
Lastly, Orbi is the more affordable of the two choices. Linksys Velop features some additions such as a mobile app, remote management, better design, etc that result in a pricier tag which some of the customers might not be able to afford.
A quick overview would not be enough for you to draw the final decision. Therefore, we would not look at the pros, cons, features of each product separately to better understand their functionality. Don’t go anywhere!
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: RBK50-100NAS | Dimensions: 6.4 x 3.1 x 8 inches | Weight: 3.92 lbs | Batteries: 1 Lithium polymer | Color: White
Netgear has installed its all-time-famous multi-gear Armor in this WiFi system to protect all the connected devices from viruses and malware. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Netgear Orbi rbk50
Netgear Orbi is a perfect solution to dead zones around the house.
Luckily, this device works with almost all internet providers including DSL, cable, satellite, etc. With Orbi in your use, you would not need to depend on boosters or extenders to make your house free of dead spots.
In fact, Orbi can efficiently provide coverage for up to 5,000 square feet. Furthermore, it can connect with 25 devices simultaneously.
Orbi ensures you have a seamless and fast internet connection at your disposal. It hosts the latest tri-band technology that smartly utilizes each band so that no device is left bandwidth-hungry.
The third band is dedicated to maintaining the network between router and satellite. This frees the other two bands for maximum performance.
Additionally, Orbi takes care of network security by providing multi-layer Netgear Armor, parental controls, and the ability to create a guest network.
- You can use the Armor service for up to 30 days for FREE. After this, you need to pay for the subscription plan of $69.99 per year.
In a nutshell, Orbi’s high-performance will ensure that you can enjoy lag-free gaming online or stream HD movies without any buffering issues.
Very Easy Setup
- Orbi works with any existing internet provider that you might have at this time.
- It can be set up in just a couple of minutes after taking out of the box. You can use the mobile app to guide you in the installation process or the web browser.
- The setup does not need you to provide any personal information.
- You can make the process easier by using Amazon Echo Alexa and preconfigured system.
Faster WiFi System
- Netgear Orbi surpasses the need for boosters or extenders in the house.
- The router and Satellite are good enough to provide a fast internet connection to the entire household.
- It intelligently takes care of WiFi activities so the internet’s use is optimized and no connected device has to deal with interruptions.
- Tri-band technology also plays a vital part in maximizing the speed available for each device.
Better and Wider Coverage
- Orbi is a great choice is you a multi-story home or workplace. It will take care of dead zones in the basement as well as the floors above you.
- In fact, the device provides up to 5,000 square feet of coverage.
- This is one of the most evident advantages that it has over the competitor, Linksys Velop.
- Orbi also provides guest access. This is an opportunity for visitors to make use of your network.
- Guest access protects the main Wifi network and password.
- This improves the chances of keeping your personal data protected from breach and theft.
Advanced Threat Protection
- Netgear has installed its all-time-famous multi-gear Armor in this WiFi system to protect all the connected devices from viruses and malware.
- You can also create parental controls that suit you best. This is an option to pause the internet service, restrict certain websites, schedule the time for network use, etc.
Wired Ethernet Port
- There is 1 Gigabit Ethernet port present on the Netgear Orbi device.
- It can provide up to 3 Gbps of speed when connected with wired devices such as game box, computer, or TV, etc.