NetGear vs Asus fight is quite similar to the traditional Stephan Curry & Lebron James rivalry.
To, be honest it’s quite hard to choose 1 company over another. It totally depends on your requirements, past experience & other factors.
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6Gbps WiFi speed; Works with existing and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10.
If you’re a newbie or just looking to make a good decision then we will guide you to choose the best company based on your usage.
For the sole purpose of making the right buying investment. So,
- Why the need?
- Well, why not?
Before buying any router, thorough research and comparison of alternatives is a must.
For your convenience, we have compiled this article to compare the two most in-demand routers Netgear Nighthawk AX8 vs Asus RT-AX88U.
Keep reading the article until the end to see a surprising fact about one of the routers. If you want a Complete list of Netgear routers here it is.
Asus RT-AX88U Vs Netgear AX8
Both these models of ASUS and NetGear have one thing in common, they both come with the latest Wi-Fi standards which are the 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) wireless standards.
Before the detailed specs, you can also check Netgear vs Linksys here. For detailed specifications of both these models and a detailed comparison:
Brand Name: ASUS | Model: RT-AX88U | Data Transfer Rate: 6,000 Mb per second | Frequency Bands Supported: 5 GHz, 2.4 GHz | Item Dimensions: 7.4 x 2.4 x 11.8 in | Number of Ethernet Ports: 8 | Total LAN Ports: 8 |
The ASUS RT-AX88U includes the latest Next generation Wi Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi Fi standard which can easily provide you with enhanced efficiency and throughput. Check Price from Amazon
Asus RT-AX88U Review
The latest offering from ASUS is this all amazing RT-AX88U which is a dual-band Wi-Fi router with all the latest specs and features a wireless router can offer. The best part is, this router from Asus comes with the next generation WI-FI 6 wireless standard.
- The ASUS RT-AX88U comes with the latest Next-Generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard which is an ideal option if you are looking for better efficiency and throughput.
- It also has an amazingly fast Wi-Fi speed of 6000 Mbps which can successfully cater to even the most demanding network traffic with ease.
- Because of its 4 antennas and 8 LAN ports, the Asus RT-AX88U provides extensive usage and more convenience in order to support more users at the same time
- Other than this, the ASUS RT-AX88U comes with commercial-grade security, named AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, this program blocks all sorts of internet security threats for all the connected smart devices
- Lastly, other features include Improved partner with mesh system; Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- The ASUS RT-AX88U is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, and Mac OS X 10.8
- ASUS RT-AX88U’s Next Generation ax Wi-Fi is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi devices and also works with current Wi-Fi devices.
Another alternative Top selling product of Asus
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
Brand Name: NetGear Nighthawk | Model: AX8 | Data Transfer Rate: 6,000 Mb per second | Frequency Bands Supported: 5GHz, 2.4GHz, 160MHz, Dual-Band | Number of Ethernet Ports: 6 | Wireless Compatibility: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac |
NetGear Nighthawk AX8 comes with a Quad core processor and features like beamforming and 4 amplified antennas to provide you coverage in even the farthest corners of your house enabling you to enjoy a lag free surfing experience. Check Price from Amazon
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Review
In comparison to the ASUS RT-AX88U, we have an offering from NetGear which is of the same level and quality named the NetGear Nighthawk AX8. The Night Hawk AX8 is also compatible with the next-generation Wi-Fi 6 Wireless system.
It can provide a speed of up to 6 GB per second, which can provide you with a lag-free ultra HD experience while you stream and browse. The NetGear AX8 is ideal for large-sized homes as it can cover even the farthest corners of your house.
- The latest NetGear nighthawk AX8 is loaded with the most advanced technology which means it has been manufactured with a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor, along with 4 amplified antennas that provide you with extended Wi-Fi range throughout your house without needing Wi-Fi extenders.
- Other great features included in the AX8 include Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, OFDMA, Amazon Alexa Voice Control, and much more to give you an experience worth your money.
- As per the compatibility is concerned the AX8 works with all other existing Wi-Fi devices and also with the new Wi-Fi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10
- The AX8 comes with 8 simultaneous streams features that offers more capacity so that more devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time.
- The NetGear Nighthawk AX8 comes with 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports which allow you to plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices for an ultimate and boundaries free experience.
- Looking at its USB connections, the NetGear Nighthawk AX8 comes with 2 x 3.0 USB ports, these ports allow you to share your storage drive with any connected device and create personal cloud storage to access from anywhere.
- Using the Smart parental controls feature, The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites to save you from potential internet threats and malware.
- The AX8 also supports WPA2 wireless security protocols and also Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and much more.
Another alternative Top selling product of Netgear Nighthawk
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with AC2300 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
What Both These Models (Asus vs Netgear) Have In Common
- To make it a bit easier for you to compare we have come up with a more detailed comparison to give you major similarities between these two options:
- Both the ASUS RT-AX88U and the NetGear AX8 support the latest Next Generation Wi-Fi 6 wireless standard 802.11ax.
- Both models including the AUSU RT-AX88U and the NetGear AX8 come to have Dual-band Wi-Fi with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.
- Both these models have the Same Wi-Fi speed which is 1.2 Gbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 4.8 Gbps on the 5 GHz band. They provide a total speed of up to 6 GB per second.
- Both these models have the Same Broadcom CPU processor which is a 64-bit Quad-Core at 1.8GHz speed.
- Both the models come with the same RAM size of 1024MB
- Both ASUS RT-AX88U and NetGear AX8 support all the older Wi-Fi standards like the 802.11ac, a/b/g/n, etc. while none of them supports the newest WPA3 security encryption standard.
What Makes These Two Models Different?
- While we have listed for you a few similarities between the two models for better comparison, we are also taking out time to highlight their differences. Allowing you to make a better choice of looking at both:
- First of all ASUS RT-AX88U comes with 8 Gigabit LAN ports while the NetGear AX8 device has 5.
- The NetGear RAX80 model works with Link aggregation on the WAN side with help of using one LAN port together with the WAN port while the ASUS RT-AX88U doesn’t.
- The ASUS RT-AX88U device comes with the latest parental controls and security protection with free lifetime AiProtection Pro from Trend Micro while the NetGear AX8 does not include all these security features.
- Lastly, the ASUS RT-AX88U router has some exclusive internal mechanisms for online gaming to decrease ping and lag time through Adaptive QoS and WTfast features, this separates the ASUS from its competing NetGear model.
Final Verdict – Netgear vs Asus Router
We can conclude by saying that NetGear vs Asus is a really tough competitor. These options come with the latest features and specs providing you with good value for your money.
However, it is totally up to your choice to choose whichever option fits best with your requirements by looking at the features.