Looking for a new Wireless router? There are many things that you consider before purchasing a wireless router like its speed, its coverage area or streaming capability, and countless other features.
[amazon box=”B01NA80JML,B06XZ3S6B8 ” template=”horizontal”]
Other than these considerations, the main thing to think of is which brand to go for. Here the traditional fight comes of Netgear vs TP-Link.
As there are countless brands of wireless routers currently available in the market. Each with its own specifications and quality. This makes the task much more confusing and you end up buying something that is not worth your money.
Therefore to make this task easier for you we have compiled this article comparing the two leading brands of wireless routers in the market currently. Both these brands provide class and quality in their own domains.
Here is Netgear vs TP-Link comparison to find which one is better.
NetGear is famous for its high-end models that give you world-class features and specs but are a bit expensive.
On the other hand, TP-link comes with some budget-friendly options that too with no compromise on quality and above-average routers.
NetGear Vs TP-Link – Comparing Nighthawk R7000P & Archer AC2300
We have a few options for both these brands which we are going to compare for your better understanding so you can understand which router among the two is an ideal option for your home. Here’s the Comparison between Netgear vs TP-Link :
The NetGear Nighthawk R7000P is an ideal option for large home settings as it covers up to 2000 sq. ft. of area and can easily connect up to 35 devices at the same time. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R7000P Review
This all startling offering from NetGear comes with a wireless speed of up to 2300 Mb per second. This is an ideal option if you are looking for a router with extended coverage throughout your house, even if you live in a large house with many internet users.
The Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 covers up to 2000 sq. ft. of the area and can cater to up to 35 devices at the same time.
- Through the NetGear Nighthawk R7000P, you can get up to 2000 square feet of wireless coverage throughout your home even if you live in a large household with a speed up to 2300 Mb per second. It is a Dual-band router providing up to 600 Mbps on the first band and 1625 Mbps on the second.
- The best thing about the R7000P router is that it can easily connect up to 35 devices at a time and can enable all too reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- The R7000P comes with 4 x 1 Gigabit wired Ethernet ports which allow you to easily plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices.
- Looking at the specifications, the R7000P comes with a powerful dual-core 1GHz processor, 3 amplified antennas for extended coverage, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and much more.
- The NetGear R7000P comes with 1×3.0 and 1×2.0 USB ports which allows you to easily share a storage drive and printer with any connected device and create personal cloud storage to access from anyplace around the world.
- Other than this the R7000P comes with a smart parental control system that allows you to pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. It also allows you to set online time limits, schedule device internet access for a small monthly fee.
- The R7000P also protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats using its inbuilt NetGear Armor. This ensures your peace of mind knowing you have the best-in-class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection for all your smart devices.
- Other features include support for WPA2 wireless security protocols, Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and much more.
Another alternative Top selling product of Netgear
[amazon box=”B01MQDZXA4″ template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B01MQDZXA4″ template=”horizontal”]
The Archer AC2300 distinctive feature is its insanely powerful 1.8GHz dual core processor and an astounding 1.8GHz dual core 64 bit CPU that has 2 co-processors giving you seamless performance even if you multi-task. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link AC2300 Review
Another competitor for the NetGear R7000P is this all amazing TP-Link Archer AC2300. This too is another fantastic option if you are looking for a powerful router for your home but within your budget.
The Archer C2300 comes with a 1.8GHz dual-core 64 bit CPU with 2 co-processors for a smooth performance allowing you to multitask easily without the fear of buffering or lag
- The Archer AC2300 comes with an amazingly powerful 1.8GHz dual-core processor and a state of the art 1.8GHz dual-core 64 bit CPU that has 2 co-processors and stream processing architecture that delivers seamless performance and also enables great multi-tasking.
- TP link’s Archer AC2300 comes with ultra-fast 802.11AC Wave 2 MU MIMO Wi-Fi. System Requirements, this delivers you faster Wi-Fi which lets you enjoy 4K video streaming and playing online games simultaneously without any lag.
- Another distinctive feature of this Archer AC2300 is its Vonn Server that allows you to set up a personal VPN Server with an open client to browse the web and access files without any paid VPN subscriptions
- Have a huge house? No worries, as the Archer AC2300’s far-reaching Wi-Fi range boost magnifies the router’s capacity to identify and receive Wi-Fi signals from devices located farther away. While its Beam-forming feature locates Wi-Fi devices and concentrates the router’s wireless signal toward them
- It has an all amazing and efficient Wi-Fi distribution airtime fairness which equally divides responsiveness between newer and older devices to increase Wi-Fi performance and reliability without limiting your network
- Link Aggregation allows you to team up two of the four Gigabit LAN ports to double connection speeds from 1 Gap to 2 Gaps.
Another alternative Top selling product of Tp-Link
[amazon box=”B079JD7F7G” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B076HRZJ66″ template=”horizontal”]
Differences: TP-Link vs NetGear
- We believe these two routers have a class of their own each with its own distinctive and powerful feature that offer you good value for your money. These two routers are a good option if you are looking for a router to be used at home preferably in larger settings.
- None of the two routers mentioned above fails to amaze their users through their features and specs. Both provide the same speed for the fastest internet browsing and are ideal for large home settings. The NetGear Nighthawk R7000P can however connect up to 35 devices simultaneously.
- Looking at the processing speed both come with powerful dual-core processors however the TP Link’s Archer AC2300 has a powerful 1.8GHz dual-core processor and a 1.8GHz dual-core 64 bit CPU that has 2 co-processors making it quite efficient and provides seamless processing and multi-tasking ability.
- If you are looking for something in a budget then TP Links Archer AC2300 is a good choice considering its price and affordability.
- The Net Gear’s Nighthawk R7000P has amazing security protocols and inbuilt firewalls giving the protection of your connected devices from all sorts of cyber threats.
Here are few reviews take from Reddit about this router. Yes, there are a few negative ones’s but overall it’s good.
We believe these two routers have a class of their own each with its own distinctive and powerful feature that offer you good value for your money. These two routers are a good option if you are looking for a router to be used at home preferably in larger settings.