Worried about choosing your next WiFi router? Both, Netgear and Linksys, are names you can completely trust but today we will help you choose between Netgear AC1200 vs Linksys AC1200.
- Before that, there is another important question to answer. Why should you choose AC1200 routers?
- Maximum Range : 1200 Sq Ft
- Provides up to 1,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10 wireless devices
This comment makes sense especially when the market is now full of AC1900 series and many others that are more advanced.
If you have just started your research on wireless networking, you would think that AC1900 works faster than AC1200 or that AC1750 has better hardware than the previous series.
- That is NOT true.
There are many factors that determine the best choice in routers but naming convention is not one of them.
Did You Know? The figures that follow AC often represent the theoretical bandwidth that the router can offer.
That is about it! It does not say anything about its speed, hardware, connectivity and how reliable it would be in the long run.
Therefore, there are solid chances that you can find a good, and budget-friendly AC1200 router. In fact, most of the routers from this class are affordable, offer dual-bands, and are compatible with almost all devices.
We will make this more clear by comparing the best of Netgear AC1200 vs Linksys AC1200 below!
Netgear AC1200 vs Linksys AC1200: Quick Overview
Netgear and Linksys have marked their names in the market of routers worldwide by providing classic yet affordable options.
In the wireless AC1200 series, Netgear has launched R6220, R6210, R6100 and many more. All of these are known to perform quite efficiently with 128 MB Flash and 128 MB RAM. They are also equipped with a genie app for easy management.
On the other hand, Linksys also offers various models in the AC1200 series that are easy to afford and feature-rich. They come with a dual-core processor, USB ports, adjustable antennas and Smart WiFi software.
- So, which one should you choose when the comparison is Netgear AC1200 vs Linksys AC1200?
In this article, we will be comparing Netgear R6100 from the AC1200 series and Linksys EA6100 from both series to help you make the right choice next time.
The application comes with an easy-to-use dashboard that lets you control and monitor all the network settings. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear AC1200 Review
Netgear AC1200 is a smart WiFi router that supports dual-band 802.11ac technology, a powerful processor and two non-removable antennas at an affordable price.
- On the top panel of the router, there are LED indicators for power, WiFi, internet, USB and WPS.
Rear-end holds two non-removable antennas, four gigabits LAN ports, WAN port, WPS and power buttons.
The router is suitable for those who live in small apartments. It delivers a speed of 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 900 Mbps on the 5.0 GHz band. It uses an 880 MHz powerful processor to offer an amazing experience.
AC1200 is supporting the latest 802.11ac WiFi technology which enhances its speed to let you entertain with a smooth download and online gaming experience.
Attention! Thanks to its antennas, the router provides you connectivity at a wider range!
This router offers you QoS features, you can prioritize your favourite device with maximum bandwidth so that you will not be interrupted in HD streaming and online gaming. Guest Network Screen allows you to separate limited access networks that do not require a maximum network.
Nighthawk app allows you to manage Parental Control features. You can control website access, web filter and even pause WiFi for any individual connected devices. It also delivers you high-level wireless security with WPA/WPA2.
- For sharing your content, the router is encrypted with a 2.0 USB port.
You just have to connect the hard drive for fast sharing. It also enables Readyshare Printer, so you can print any content without any hurdle.
Easy To Set Up
- Netgear launches a smart Nighthawk app, which is supporting both Android and iOS devices.
- For setting up the router, you will need to connect your internet Ethernet cable to the router then the app will guide you through simple setup steps. The whole process will only take 5 minutes.
- Netgear AC1200 is capable of delivering speeds up to 1200 Mbps with dual bandwidths.
- Likely, you will enjoy HD streaming and online gaming without lagging. You can enjoy the best online experience anywhere in your house within the router’s range.
- Netgear is one step ahead of its rivals in terms of speed.
QoS and Guest Network features
- Although, Netgear AC1200 is not offering a range of smart features it is able to fulfil your basic demands. It comes with Quality of Services and Guest Network screen features.
- Now, you can prioritize the device which demands maximum connection.
- It will allow you to perform complex tasks without destruction. You can also manage the Guest connection setting through Guest Network.
- Thanks to the Nighthawk app, which enables you to use Parental control features. You can manage the accessibility of websites, apps for any connected device.
- You can also set particular timings for particular devices to connect so that you can prevent your family from excessive use of the internet.
- Netgear always favours its users by providing a USB port. AC1200 offers you one USB 2.0 port.
- Now it becomes a very simple task for you to share your stored content like photos, videos and music through a USB hard drive.
- You just need to plug your hard drive in the USB port and the rest process will be a matter of seconds.
- Netgear AC1200 does not hold a variety of features but it is capable of fulfilling the demands of up to 20 connected devices.
- It is able to perform many tasks simultaneously. WiFi speed up to 1200 Mbps on both bands can ensure a lagging free online experience.
- Moreover, it is a budget-friendly choice!
Now you can have the router up and running by simply connecting it with the internet modem and following the in-built start guide. Check Price from Amazon
Linksys AC1200 Review
Linksys AC1200 is a dual-band smart WiFi router that offers many advanced features like parental controls, QoS and easy to set up with a memory of 128 RAM and a USB 2.0 port.
By dimensions, it is a 1.5×6.8×7.8 inches device of black colour and possesses an LED indicator, power switch, four wired LAN ports, WAN port, USB 2.0 port and two non-removable antennas at the rear end. It also has a reset button at the bottom.
- AC1200 router is easy to set up even without a CD.
You are required to plug the router into the power source and connect it to the internet modem through an Ethernet cable. Linksys smart window will appear who walks with you till connectivity.
Linksys AC1200 router provides you with a dual bandwidth of 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. It offers to speed up to 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps on the 5.0 GHz band. This speed is capable of fulfilling the demands of pro gamers.
Attention! One amazing feature of AC1200 is Beamforming technology. This means that a router can send signal directly to connected devices which helps to enhance its range and eliminates dead spots.
You can also set a password to prevent connection of guests network devices.
Linksys router gives you access to parental control features. Due to this, you can manage to block access to the internet at certain times and even on certain devices. This means that you can prevent your family from adult sites and over usage of the internet.
In order to share content, the AC1200 router offers you only a USB 2.0 port that is able to transfer files at high speed.
Wireless Advanced WiFi Technology
- Linksys AC1200 is supporting advanced 802.11ac WiFi technology with which it becomes nearly 2.8 times faster than wireless N devices.
- It is capable of delivering more reliable and wider range signals as compared to its rivals.
- AC1200 routers deliver you dual bandwidth of 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz with speed up to 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps respectively.
- The router enables you to enjoy media streaming, online gaming and other complex tasks with minimal buffering.
- Lagging-free online gaming experience always attracts gamers towards itself.
- Thanks to beamforming technology, it allows the connected devices to directly access the router, in return, the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to connected devices.
- It is an amazing tool to increase range and eliminate dead spots. It is capable to fulfil demands in large apartments.
- Linksys AC1200 offers you better security features to prevent interference errors. You can manage the time settings for certain devices.
- You can also block particular websites, apps and even pause the internet connection of certain devices.
- Through Guest Networking features, you can prevent your internet connection from operating on other devices which may lead to loose speed.
- This router possesses a USB 2.0 port on the rear end. Now you can share your stored content like pictures, videos to your hard drive.
- You can also connect the printer directly to the router in order to print your documents.
Netgear AC1200 vs Linksys AC1200: Final Verdict
Netgear and Linksys are well-known options that provide a cheap yet reliable solution for your wireless networking needs. Both Netgear R6100 and Linksys EA6100 have been popular alternative for users around the globe.
When it comes to making a final choice, it is better to consider all the factors involved from price range to configuration and network coverage/speed. Considering that the routers are not much different in services they offer you might want to re-think in terms of pricing.
Linksys ac1200 is which is more expensive than Netgear ac1200. Nonetheless, both of the routers are cheaper than average choices in the market. We hope this article will help you pick the right one. Do share your choice in the comment section below. Good Luck!