Are you confuse about which router between Belkin vs Netgear will give you the best?
Have no fear; we’re here to help. Belkin vs Netgear (AC1200 vs AC1200) is the top companies when it comes to smart WiFi routers with the best standard models that support the latest draft versions.
- AC wireless router with dual band technology for max speed to multiple devices
The race between these routers from a long time back, and it makes a choice difficult.
Comparison between Belkin vs Netgear is often use as a stepping stone to buying home fast internet router. If you are considering doing this kind of purchase, then it is the best review of the top models of Belkin and Netgear.
Router across the brands can be volatile when it comes to offering Internet access for your devices; then, it’s always a good idea to purchase with the most equipped one.
Belkin vs Netgear (AC1200 vs AC1200) – Comparative Summary
While considering the comparison between Belkin vs Netgear, Netgear is one of the top routers that are more often than Belkin.
After its detailed study and most of the reviewers find out that the Belkin AC1200 has the most reliable performance and its robust features work as the virtual network support.
Whereas Netgear AC1200 often supports the protocols that are beyond the standard WPA and WEP options. Belkin also receives high marks due to its support of 802.11 ac and fast speed, which they receive.
There are some differences but similarities among Belkin vs Netgear (AC1200 vs AC1200) and we will be covering those all things in this article. We will look into both in detail.
It has high transfer speed of 300 + 867 Mbps, and its range extender offers the plenty of speed for high bandwidth activities by improving its online streaming and gaming coverage. Check Price from Amazon
Belkin AC1200 Review
With the Belkin AC1200 range, you will always have enough bandwidth to perform your tasks, and even when the multiple devices connect with it. It has the best-rated features of streaming, gaming, and ultra-fast media sharing for multiple activities.
It is the best router as its design for a painless and hassle-free way of installation with no requirement of CD. With its auto-update feature, however, there is no additional maintenance necessary after you have paired it with the range extender with your router. You just need to set it and then forget it.
- Belkin AC1200 has a standard RAM of 128 MB with a power supply of 12 V / 2.5 A, and this cannot be expanded. By default, of the router’s flash memory, this can utilize to store the Belkin operating system.
- The latest firmware of Belkin AC1200 supports the IPv6 protocol that also helps to provide a location system and identification for the computers on networks and routes all the traffic across the Internet.
- The Belkin AC1200 has the 2.4 GHz WiFi networks. 2.4 GHz is used widely with this frequency, and in some cases, it can be overcrowded. Belkin AC1200 supports 5 GHz band. This 5GHz band offers less interference, better noise immunity, and more availability of channels.
- Its USB 3.0 ports with data transfer rate up to 4.8 Gbps provides a fast interface for external storage. You can also catch a compatible USB printer to the Belkin AC1200 device. It also has built-in NAS functionality.
- The Default IP address of the device of Belkin AC1200 DB is 192.168.2.1. This IP address allows you to access the router’s console login page.
- Belkin AC1200 has a standard 802.11ac dual-band feature for better efficiency and throughput.
- It has a Simple start procedure, and its installation on a smartphone, tablet, or computer is also effortless.
- Belkin has MultiBeam technology that can help to minimizes dead zones.
- Belkin AC1200 has a good quality of streaming that allows us to automatically prioritize clear video streaming.
- It also comprises of Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Media Server for the purpose of streaming Multimedia content.
The Netgear AC1200’s main strength is its reliability and durability. This system has been tested and refined for many years, and it doesn’t have any rough edges. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear AC1200 Review
The Netgear AC1200 has a subpar performance in most of our metrics; it does slightly above the average job in our Ease of Use with a frequency of 5 GHz. It delivered a particularly not so good performance in the 2.4 GHz.
Throughput metric, it has a lackluster range, and this is pretty light in terms of features as compare to Belkin.
But its most useful aspect is the facility of Guest Network that creates a separate network for guests. It also has the 1 x USB 2.0 port(s).
Above all, this router is very compatible with standard IEEE 802.11 ac and with a maximum of 300 + 867 Mbps. So overall, it’s a good choice to opt, but Netgear is better than that.
- Same as the Belkin, it also has a standard RAM of 128 and cannot be expanded. But by default, its flash memory keeps the start of its operating system.
- This smart wireless router comes with an Open VPN. Open VPN fully-features for the SSL VPN solution that implements the OSI layer 2 or 3 with a secure network by using the standard SSL and TLS protocol.
- Its latest firmware also supports the IPv6 protocol that gives an identification and location system for computers on routers and networks across the Internet.
- The Smart WiFi AC1200 is compatible with 2.4 GHz WiFi networks. 2.4 GHz is the most widely used frequency and, in some cases, maybe overcrowd. The Smart WiFi AC1200 supports the 5 GHz band. The 5 GHz band offers better noise immunity, less interference, and more available channels.
- The Netgear AC1200 is very compatible with 2.4 GHz WiFi networks. The frequency of 2.4 GHz is mostly used rate, and in some cases, it can overflow.
- Netgear WiFi AC1200 also comprised of USB ports where you can attach a USB printer. It also has built-in NAS functionality.
- The IP address of the Smart Netgear WiFi AC1200 device is 192.168.1.1. This IP address permits you to access the router’s console login page.
- This WiFi router is wall-mountable, supports IPv6, and has a wireless reset button on its device.
- Netgear WiFi AC1200 is a dual-band router that has the LED lights permanently illuminated, with no way of dimming them.
- This smart WiFi router has the 4 Gigabit LAN ports and a single 2.0 USB port standard. ‘
- Its best feature, which up brings its value, is its ability to host a guest WiFi network and supports VPN.
Common Features of Belkin vs Netgear AC1200
- Both have the same RAM of 128.
- Both routers support the IPv6 protocol.
- These routers work on th9e same frequency level of 2.4 GHz.
- Both routers support 5 GHz band.
- These are the dual-band routers.
What makes these two routers different?
- Belkin AC1200 has a fast speed than Netgear AC1200.
- Belkin has strong power, and Netgear has less than that.
- Netgear has more weight than Belkin, which is light in weight.
- Netgear has the Guest Network option, but Belkin has the facility of MU-MIMO.
Belkin vs Netgear – Final Verdict
We can conclude by saying that Belkin vs Netgear is now not really a tough competitor due to the advanced features of Belkin. These options come with the latest features and specs, providing you good value for your hard-earned money.
It is totally up to your choice to choose whatever option fits your requirements best by looking at the features. In some cases, Netgear is the best option for the guest network facility, but with other features requirements, you can avail of the facility of Belkin.