Even the most tech-savvy people would be confused to see the term “Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender”. We are here to end this confusion!
We get it! You have spent a good amount of time thinking that Ring Chime Pro is a WiFi Extender. Why the comparison then?
- Bring flexibility, convenience, and peace of mind to your home with Chime Pro, a three-in-one solution that includes a wifi extender for your Ring cameras and doorbells, a nightlight, and a chime box to hear notifications for your Ring cameras and doorbells.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boosts Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 2000 Square feet and connects up to 32 devices - Compatible with any Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 450Mbps ; 5GHz - 1300Mbps). Power Consumption: 9W (max power consumption)
- It is because there are some glitches in the definition of an extender.
In simpler words, Chime Pro is a repeater (not an extender!) because it uses WiFi to replicate network signals instead of using a copper or a coax cable connected to the router.
- We have talked about access points and range extenders before.
By now, our loyal readers should know that WiFi extenders such as TP-Link AC1750 boost signal coverage and remove potential dead zones.
However, their functions differ from Ring Chime Pro. These are the differences that we will explore in this article by comparing Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender TP-Link AC1750.
Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender – Comparative Analysis
The first basic difference between the two products that you can easily spot is their compatibility with other devices.
TP-Link AC1750 extender works with a range of operating systems including Microsoft Windows, NetWare, UNIX, Linux, NY, XP, Vista, and others.
Ring Pro Chime has been specifically designed for Ring Products. It is a two in one device that can act as both, an indoor chime and a WiFi extender.
Furthermore, Ring Chime works for 802.11 b/g/n wireless protocol. The connectivity options for TP-Link AC1750, on the other hand, are 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11ac, 802.11g.
In addition to this, Ring Chime Pro is light-weight and has a more compact design. With the glossy white surface, this gadget is far more attractive than the simplistic outlook of TP-Link competitor.
Besides this, you can connect Ring Chime to as many Ring devices as you want. On the contrary, the TP-Link extender can link up to 32 devices at a time.
All in all, both Ring Chime Pro and TP-Link AC1750 can eliminate potential dead zones and provide an interruption-free internet connection to devices that are far away from the primary router.
- There’s more!
Continue reading if you further want to explore the pros, cons, and features of these two products. Hopefully, a detailed comparison will help you decide which one would you want to buy in the future.
Let us have a look.
Brand: Ring | Series: Chime | Wirless Type: IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n | Color: White | Weight: 8 ounces | Product Dimensions: 2.9 x 1.85 x 1.02 inches
You can select different types of chime tones and also adjust their intensity using using Ring mobile app. Check Price from Amazon
Ring Chime Pro Review
Ring Chime Pro seems to bring a lot to the table considering that it is just a single device. It is designed to increase signal reach to Ring devices, allow for a louder wireless chime, and even provide a source of light at night.
Furthermore, The device has a simple design with a white finish and LED strip upfront. Additionally, the LEDs light up at night to act as a tiny light source.
- The setup of Chime Pro is quite quick.
You need to begin by plugging Ring Chime into a power outlet and then connecting to the mobile app. A green light will start blinking to indicate that the configuration process has started.
You can simply follow the instructions on the app as the method is quick. Besides that, you can also select the option of verbal instructions via Chime Pro.
Wireless connection means that you won’t have to worry about extending long cables around the house. Also, you can choose to install as many as you need to ensure the doorbell is heard all around the house.
In the wireless connection, Ring Chime relies on 802.11 b/g/n protocol at 2.4 GHz. It required 110-240 V and is compatible with standard US sockets. Additionally, the option of international sockets is available as well.
- Down to the best part, Ring Chime Pro can be used as a perfect WiFi extender.
Chime Pro increases the network reach of the primary router to all the connected Ring devices. This includes smart doorbells, Ring security cameras, and many others.
All in all, Ring Chime Pro will not be a disappointment even with the hefty price tag.
So if you are willing to go a little over the budget to enjoy some additional features besides the basic signal extending capabilities then Ring Chime Pro is for YOU!
Not Just a WiFi Extender
- This 2-in-1 device can act as both, an indoor chime so you hear the doorbell more clearly, as well as a signal extender to increase the reach of your WiFi to Ring devices.
- Furthermore, the LED strips on the front allow it to act as a nightlight with an automatic “on and off” feature.
Strong Network Coverage
- Ring Chime Pro creates nice internet coverage for your home by extending WiFi signals far away from the primary router.
- Moreover, the device is completely reliable if you want to get rid of all the dead zones around your house.
- Furthermore, Ring Chime can increase the upload/download speeds by more than 10 Mbps.
- Are you bored with the simple “ding-dong?” You can select any tone from the pool of Ring Chime Pro chime tones.
- The list of tones includes everything from the traditional bell ring to animal sounds and music.
Great Compatibility Options Across Ring Products
- In contrast to what most of you might be thinking, Ring Chime Pro works with more than just Ring video doorbells.
- You can also use this device with Ring’s Floodlight Cam.
- Therefore, the combination of wireless security cameras with Ring Chime Pro ensures that the Floodlight never runs out of the WiFi signal’s reach.
Ease of Use
- Ring Chime can be used easily by plugging into a standard US wall socket.
- In addition to that, users can also purchase compatible international plugs if using the Chime at places other than the US.
- These plugs are available for Europe, United Kingdom, Australia as well as NewZealand.
- Ring Chime has a “Do Not Disturb” mode that pauses indoor chime in case you want the kids to sleep in peace or just want some quiet time for yourself.
- You can also adjust the volume level of the chimes as per your need.
- Chime Pro comes with a LED indicator on the front disk.
- The small bulb lights up when you are connected to the internet and blinks with the network reach is poor.
Brand: TP-Link | Series: WiFi Extender | Wireless Type: 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11ac| Color: White | Weight: 12 ounces | Product Dimensions: 3 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches
A small indicator light that blinks when you place the device at an optimal position and thus provides ideal coverage. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link AC1750 Review
TP-Link AC1750 is a WiFi extender compatible with 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11ac, and 802.11g wireless types. Consequently, it works with a range of operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, and NetWare.
With a size 3 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches and a weight of just 12 ounces, you are going to love moving this thing around to fit your ideal spot.
Furthermore, the 3 powerful antennas are capable of creating a strong network coverage and extending it across rooms that are farther away from the primary router.
- In fact, the network extension could be as far as 2000 sq. ft.
The device also comes with an Intelligent Signal indicator that helps you find an optimal position for the extender.
Once all is set and you are good to go, about 32 devices can be effortlessly connected to this WiFi extender while delivering 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and up to 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz band.
Furthermore, the Gigabit Ethernet port allows it to be used as an access point as well. You can connect it directly to the device in need of a high-speed internet experience.
The operating temperature range for TP-Link Archer AC1750 is 0-degrees Celsius to 30-degrees Celsius. Although it does not matter much for devices designed to be used inside the home, a flexible range caters to little overheating problems.
Lastly, it is a huge advantage that TP-Link offers a 2-year warranty as compared to most other technical gadgets in the market that come with only 1 year of free replacement or repair.
Stay Connected on ALL Devices
- TP-Link AC1750 can easily provide coverage up to 2000 sq. ft.
- Furthermore, you can connect 32 devices and enjoy an amazing throughput of 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band.
- You can also remove lags on wired devices by directly connecting them to the extender via a Gigabit Ethernet port.
- The extender is compatible with Samsung Galaxy, Android mobile, iPhones, Echo, and Ring devices.
LED Lights for Status Indication
- The glossy white front of the device has an array of LED light rings.
- The light blinks in blue to indicate a good connection and turns red when the connectivity is poor.
- Therefore, it is a source for pointing out the optimal position that will help you reach an ideal coverage spot.
RE Button For Easy Setup
- The setup process for this device is simple and straightforward.
- Just download the TP-Link app and connect it to the router.
- It will then take you through a step-by-step guide for easy configuration.
- What’s even better? There is an RE button that would let you complete the setup with just one touch.
Built-in Access Point
- TP-Link AC1750 has built-in access point capability.
- It can be connected to wired devices for a high-speed internet experience.
- Simply connect the extender to an Ethernet port and AC1750 will turn into a WiFi hotspot.
- It is an ideal setup for removing dead zones and strengthening WiFi signals across your home.
User-Friendly Mobile App
- The mobile app provides the flexibility of managing the WiFi network remotely.
- The application is available for both, iOS and Android, with a simple and easy layout.
Amazing Customer Support
- It is easy to reach out to the customer support service offered by TP-Link in case you are experiencing any difficulties with the setup.
- The company also provides a 2-year warranty which is more than the typical 1-year offered by other competitors.
- Furthermore, you can make use of their technical support available 24/7.
- There are no extra charges.
Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender – Find a Verdict
Here Ring Chime Pro seems to take the lead as it is a 2-in-1 device that can act as Ringbell Chime as well as a WiFi extender. TP-Link AC1750, on the other hand, only has signal extending capabilities.
However, there is more to this comparison than what meets the eye. For example, a major drawback for Ring Chime is that it only works with Ring devices.
Furthermore, it is not going to be light on your pocket. Therefore if you wish to buy a signal extender with a minimal budget and don’t have many Ring products installed around your house then it is better to go for WiFi extenders like TP-Link AC1750.
Do you still have any questions? Kindly drop them in the comment section below so we can get back to you as soon as possible.