Baffled in choosing between Netgear N300 vs N600? Are you also a Netgear’s products lover?
We know that purchasing the best router has always been trouble. Every person would demand the best and cheaper Wifi router. But selecting from a broad range of wireless routers of different manufacturers is quite important yet painful.
[amazon box=” B001AZP8EW” template=”horizontal”]
- If you are looking for a reliable device at a reasonable price, just grab this model.
[amazon box=”B0041LYY6K” template=”horizontal”]
There is no doubt in the fact that Netgear is attaining its position day by day and is presenting to be the most trusted company among all others.
Netgear is a multinational brand supplying many products like Netgear Wifi routers, Netgear extenders, cable modems, etc.
There might be many other options with amazing features in the market, but selecting between Netgear N300 vs N600 is one great choice, as the company itself provides a lot of differentiating features, multiple specifications, and various benefits to the users.
- They always make sure to satisfy the customers in the best possible way.
If you are looking for a fast connection that would be suitable in every corner of your house, buying anyone from Netgear N300 vs N600, wouldn’t be a regret.
So, without wasting another second, let’s just grab a quick comparison between Netgear N300 vs N600.
Comparative Summary – Netgear N300 vs N600
Let’s pin down the factor between Netgear N300 vs N600. It is a human mind that will immediately sense the difference between the two by its model numbers.
Without any analysis, you can see that N600 is better and also the latest device because of course, the number itself says it is higher than N300.
So, theoretically, Netgear N600 must have all the good features of N300, but that’s not true.
The N model relates to the maximum speed that the wireless can handle. For instance, the Netgear N300 attains up to 300 Mbps whereas, N600 offers a speed of up to 600 Mbps of the Internet.
- Another difference lies in the frequency that is N300 comes with a single band frequency while N600 has a dual-band Wifi frequency.
If you are connecting the devices with 5 GHz, the interference would be much lesser particularly if there are some non-Wifi devices such as wireless phones, and also microwaves, etc.
Both the devices, Netgear N300 vs N600, offers security and parental control features so the users can manage the devices to particular Internet usage.
- One can also modify and keep an eye on the most used devices.
Furthermore, if you compare Netgear N300 vs N600, there is good news that both are compatible with the Netgear Genie app to get complete control of the gadget through our smartphones.
One difference states that even though Netgear N300 vs N600 provides Ethernet ports and LAN connectivity, but N600 doesn’t come with a Gigabit facility.
There aren’t many differences seen and both come with operating systems including Windows 8. All in all, Netgear N600 can be an excellent choice with the dual-band facility convenient for middle-sized homes.
Otherwise, N300 is also a good option for those searching for a Wifi router that fits in a small-sized house with enhanced durability and delivers the necessities to the multiple devices connected.
To know in detail between Netgear N300 vs N600, continue reading the article as we are going to provide detail on both the products separately including the specifications, customers’ review, and multiple features.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: WNR2000-100NAS | Frequency Bands: 2.4 GHz | Ethernet Ports: 5 | LAN Ports: 4 |
Get a wireless speed of 300 Mbps by the single band Netgear N300 Wifi router with sleek and vertical layout. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear N300 Review
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that Netgear N300 deprives of many of Netgear’s important features, but that is how it is a budget-friendly router and works for a middle-sized home.
So, let’s just get an overview of the strengths and weaknesses of N300 to help you decide between Netgear N300 vs N600, and if it is suitable for your home or not.
When you observe the design of Netgear N300, you can see the sleek and vertical layout that permits it to get a tiny footprint when you install it.
It comes with an extremely well-ventilated casing that seems to be one prominent design feature and most of the customers like it.
Moreover, there appear four LAN ports and five Ethernet ports coming up with N300. So, make yourself comfortable even if you are in a halfway position from a particular area. t
The device will still allow you to connect extra gadgets to the Internet like laptops, PCs, printers, or many gaming boxes, etc.
The installation process is very smooth and easy just like other Netgear routers and requires a couple of minutes. It comes with a Netgear Genie app that is supported by all of the present operating systems such as your desktops, PC, or smartphones.
Not only just it allows a quick and easy installation process, but also the Netgear Genie can modify various key features of the router via your phone, at any time.
Coming towards the speed, Netgear N300 is a great router delivering a speed of up to 300 Mbps. This maximum speed achieves by setting up the router’s location in your home and also by optimizing the setup.
Thereabouts, you can consider getting 40% to 60% of the maximum throughput, which is even sufficient enough for a family to use this Netgear extender without any issues.
If you live in an area with several other Wifi signals, you might get some occasional disruption as the Netgear N300 uses a single wireless frequency bandwidth of 2.4 GHz.
So, generally, the N300 is a convenient router for small and middle-sized residences.
Fast Internet Speed
- Getting a fast Internet speed while you paid a good amount is every user’s need.
- No need to worry as Netgear N300 is allowing an enhanced speed with its single band frequency Wifi.
- It allows speedy download and online gaming at a speed of up to 300 Mbps.
Sleek Router Layout
- Netgear designed this N300 such that it looks beautiful while you place it anywhere.
- The black finishing with a lightweight device looks amazingly elegant.
Compatible with Genie App
- The most convenient feature is attaining mobile phone compatibility with your router.
- The company designed this router such that it is compatible with a Netgear Genie app.
- Easily install the router through your Genie app and get control over your device through your smartphone.
- Moreover, the Netgear N300 supports an advanced Windows 8.
- There are five Ethernet ports and four LAN ports to get access to wired connectivity.
- You can connect your PCs, laptops, printers, and hard drives, etc.
Parental Control Features
- Get the centralized parental control features by Netgear N300.
- You can manage and limit all the devices to keep control of your children.
- Also, the wireless router provides high-grade protection through the security installed in the device.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: WNR3400-100NAS | Bandwidths: Dual-band Wifi | Ethernet Ports: 5 | LAN Ports: 4 |
The amazing Netgear N600 facilitates the users with its dual-band feature providing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz of bandwidths. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear N600 Review
Netgear is one of the popular brands providing the best Wifi routers, and this N600 is one of them. This can be mainly because the router comes with decent speed and has an outclass budget-friendly price.
It would be a bit perplexing to categorize Netgear N600 as it comes with the outclass performance and great features installed. Whereas, on the other side it doesn’t support Gigabit Ethernet ports, but these are the few points that make it an affordable Wifi router.
As the router comes with a dual-band frequency, it provides great wireless speed through the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with an improved range more specifically on 2.4 GHz.
The system provides a speed of 300 Mbps per band. So, a total of 600 Mbps utilizes by the Netgear N600 Wifi router that is best for streaming videos, and online games.
Moreover, the N600 offers a ReadyShare program to give wireless file sharing within the same network. There are also parental control features, so the users can monitor their children and limit Internet use.
Also, the company introduced a Netgear Genie app that is compatible with the router for easy installation and also you can modify different features through the app via your phone.
Coming towards the design, the router has a beautiful shape that consists of eye-catching buttons in the middle with bright LED lights on it.
The LED lights blink to show the user that the router is active and working. Not only this, but the lights indicate the antennas’ position as well.
Furthermore, one awesome part is that it supports up to 64 clients at the same time, with each band compatible with 32 devices.
Another superb feature of N600 is its Traffic Meter. It permits the user to take control of the router’s bandwidth and adjust the priority speed on any one of the two.
By this feature, you can also set the download and upload speeds and disconnect the Internet at any time.
- The N600 Wifi router comes with multiple great features including the bandwidths as well.
- So, Netgear offers dual-band frequency bandwidths of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Fast Wifi Speed
- A maximum speed of 600 Mbps comes into use by the router.
- The high-end speed divides into the two bands as 300 + 300 Mbps.
- The operating systems that the router requires are Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista XP, 2000, Mac OS, Linux, or UNIX.
- Furthermore, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Chrome, and Safari 1.4 are also used.
Compatible with Genie App
- The Genie app compatibility with Netgear N600 makes it comfortable for the user to install the router.
- Furthermore, you can control and also modify the different features and functions of your device via a smartphone.
Parental Control Features
- N600 facilitates users with parental control features.
- So, you can keep an eye on your children’s activity and limit their Internet usage.
- The router has an elegant appearance.
- Netgear N600 comes with a black and sleek finishing that makes it beautiful while placed anywhere.
Netgear N300 vs N600 – Final Verdict
In the end, the supreme choice between the two Netgear N300 vs N600 would summarize by the usage and objectives of the wireless adapter.
Talking about N300, it is a perfect fit for small and medium-sized homes coming on a friendly budget. Whereas, the great N600 if you want to purchase an affordable router with dual bandwidths.
We tried our best to assist you with all the details of both the products individually, so now you can buy either of the two as per your demand.