Some WiFi routers are so good that it is almost impossible to make a final pick between them.
So when talking about AC1200 vs AC2200 – Max-Stream vs Netgear, which would be the best choice for you? Obviously, No one wants to compromise on the WiFi speed.
Above all review, everyone wants a super-fast internet! Max-Stream surely takes the lead here with speed up to 1900 Mbps. Netgear, on the other hand, goes only up to 867 Mbps.
Although in comparison to AC1200 vs AC2200 – Max-Stream vs Netgear such as Netgear AC1750 vs Linksys AC1750, both provide sufficient service for playing online games or everyday surfing, it is also a must-have when it comes to channel quantity.
AC1200 vs AC2200 – Max-Stream vs Netgear – Detail Comparison
Detail comparison between AC1200 vs AC2200 – Max-Stream vs Netgear, show that Netgear offers up to 16 channels without any signal interruption.
Similarly, on the other hand, a smaller area can be satisfied by merely three channels of Netgear AC1200. What about data rates?
Above all, Netgear is a clear winner. Although this WiFi router, more data can be transfer within seconds. It provides an amazing 867 Mbps/sec as compared to 400 Mbps/sec offered by Max-Stream.
Netgear AC1200 128 MB RAM is enough to transfer day to say data. In contrast, 256 MB RAM in case of Max-Stream AC2200 is a must-have if you are into “Netflix and Chill” or other sorts of HD streaming.
They both offer in-built VPN support for the days when you want to watch the content you are unable to reach. All in all, you can be sure to use the internet in full with these two options.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Fast WI-FI Performance: Get up to 1200 square feet wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps)
This article sums up the main feature and differences between the two, however, it will help you make the right choice between Netgear and Linksys routers.
Now, let us look at their features, pros, and cons to help you make the right choice!
Brand: Max Stream | Model Number: AC2200 | WiFi Technology: 802.11a/b/g | Weight: 1 lbs | Dimension: 6.4 x 8.4 x 2.2 inches |
Next Generation Multi-User MIMO Technology provides WiFi connection to multiple devices at the same speed and same signal strength. Check Price from Amazon
Max-Stream AC2200 Review
Max-Stream AC2200 lets you enjoy exceptional wireless speed. It is an ideal choice for home-based use where a number of devices rely on a single WiFi router. All thanks to its tri-band router technology.
It can deliver amazing speed free of lags so there is no pause in your entertainment and productivity. The router also features MU-MIMO technology, the best fit for the whole family use, so each of the members for streaming or perform other tasks that require fast.
Amazing Performance With Dual-Band Router
- The router features the latest tri-band technology making it an ideal wireless router above all, for 4K and HD video streaming.
- It is also a reliable choice for next-generation online gaming. Houses, where a number of members rely heavily on WiFi use can get fast data transfers because of the gigabit WiFi router’s Quad-core CPU.
Range Extenders With Seamless Roaming
- Gone are the days when you had to manually connect to the range extender’s or router’s network when moving around the house to get good WiFi signals.
- Now with seamless roaming support offered by Max-Stream AC2200 therefore, your device will connect automatically to the strongest WiFi signal.
- You can pair the router with range extender to enjoy strong signals in every room of the house.
Firewall and DOS Protection
- Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 comes equipped with SPI Firewall.
- This feature distinguishes legit packets from other types of connections. It only allows packets with active connections to pass through.
- Furthermore, with DOS protection the router is capable of protecting you against DOS attack and keeping your network running smoothly.
- DOS attack is a form of cyber threat where they attempt to make a computer or network unavailable to the connected users.
Complete Control Over WiFi Use
- You can use the Linksys app to have complete control over your home WiFi. You can even manage It remotely using a tablet or a smartphone.
- There is an option to allow guest access which password protected and separate from the main WiFi network. It is available for up to 50 guests.
- Furthermore, parental control ensures the internet experience is safe for your kids even when you are not there to keep an eye on their activities.
- The controls let you restrict inappropriate content, put a limit on usage, block specific devices from internet access, and much more.
- The feature of device prioritization lets you choose which device gets the most speed so your important tasks are not compromised.
Traffic Optimizer and LAN Link Aggregation
- The Smart Connect feature of Max-Stream manages WiFi connections efficiently in such a way that it chooses the best radio band for the devices so the WiFi performance stays up to the mark.
- Also, with Link Aggregation, you can increase the speed of data transfer up to 2X by enabling Ethernet connections from router to external devices.
Brand: Netgear | Model Number: AC1200 | WiFi Technology: 802.11ac | Weight: 1.9 lbs | Dimension: 11.4 x 10.2 x 3 inches |
Feel free to wirelessly connect USB hard drive or a printer for file sharing and printing documents via USB 2.0 port. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear AC1200 Review
The Netgear AC1200 delivers Gigabit Ethernet speed so you get to enjoy the reliability of the internet in addition to lag-free HD streaming, online gaming with multiplayer connection, and a secure connection.
The best feature is that the Netgear router comes with external antennas therefore, it provides an improved connection for larger homes. As compared to the other 802.
11n routers, this one of 3x faster and completely compatible with the next generation WiFi devices.
- Netgear AC1200 is listed as one the routers with the most light-weight but strong build. It is durable and you would not expect it to break easily by falling off.
- Similarly, it has a minimalist design away from the world of fancy gadgets.
- For instance, LEDs on the upper side of the router helps keep a check on the number of connected devices.
- One of the best features and also an upgrade is that these routers are made to be easily mounted on a wall.
- In other words, it means you can place it anywhere in the house and enjoy high speed without losing signals or connectivity.
- Netgear is a name well known when it comes to taking good care of privacy and safety.
- That is why the Netgear AC1200 comes equipped with all the security features and protocols that are needed to provide a secure connection and experience.
- It has SPI Firewall and after that, NAT to fight against unwanted DOS attacks.
- The router also automatically checks for problematic WiFi signals.
- Parental control is another step for safety that will allow you to remove unwanted content and filter websites so your kids have a safe experience even when you are away from home.
- You can also choose the levels of restriction by signing up with the OpenDNS account. However, this would keep unwanted data away from your children’s reach.
- When it comes to long-range connectivity, the Netgear AC1200 is well above the satisfactory level.
- You can expect to get a great speed even when you are standing more than 20 feet away from the WiFi device.
- However, many users have pointed out that the speed drops significantly beyond 30 feet distance.
- Netgear claims to provide sufficient performance for day to day use. When on 5 GHz band, the hardware can manage data transfer at the speed of 867 Mbps while on 2.4 GHz band, the speed would be roughly around 300 Mbps.
- This is good enough if in case, you were looking for a WiFi device that can manage daily internet surfing, gaming, and video streaming.
- However, if you need something extra to support a higher speed we would recommend upgrading to the latest 6230 model that offers up to 1200 Mbps.
Netgear AC1200 vs Max-Stream AC2200: What Are The Differences?
|Max-Stream AC2200||Netgear AC1200|
|WiFi Range||5 GHZ/ 2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz / 5 GHz|
|WiFi Speed||1900 Mbps||867 Mbps|
|Encryption Algorithm||WEP, WPA, WPA2||WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP|
|Data Rates||400 Mbps/sec||867 Mbps/sec|
|RAM||256 MB||128 MB|
|Flash||256 MB||128 MB|
|USP Port Type||USB 3.0||USB 2.0|
Netgear AC1200 vs Max-Stream AC2200: Final Verdict
In conclusion, there is no wrong or right choice here! Therefore simply comes down to the best option that fits your needs. However, nobody wants a huge router with antennas taking half the space in your living room.
Therefore, Max-Stream is an ideal choice as it fits in the smallest of places. Furthermore, it offers Firewall for a secured experience, great speed, and amazing signal strength that is admirable even when you are 2 rooms apart.
Netgear AC1200, on the other hand, has its perks. IT undoubtedly offers the greatest data rates as compared to other routers so far. Hence concluded that it is an entertainment hub that will let you watch HD movies with no delays. Who would not love that?