Choosing between Linksys WRT1900AC vs WRT1900ACS can be one of the most robust choices to make.
Above all, That only makes sense as Linksys has a long history of most reliable WiFi routers. So far, it has released many good routers with amazing designs meant for home use.
Quick Fact! “WRT1900AC was released in 2014 with an awesome design supporting third-party firmware. In the next year, an upgrade WRT1900ACS was made.”
Linksys WRT64G could not hold much attention. It did not only offer appealing aesthetics but proved to be the best router in 2020.
Soon came another classy option, WRT1900ACS, that was a slight improvement of the previous model.
Linksys WRT1900AC vs WRT1900ACS – Comparative Analysis
These two WiFi routers did not differ much in terms of speed. However, the hardware of WRT1900ACS is much superior to WRT1900AC.
That was possible due to 512 MB RAM as compared to 256 MB RAM of the previous model.
- 4 High-performance Antennas For Maximum Coverage & Reliability
- Wireless AC, up to 4.3x faster than N technology: Simultaneous dual band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media intensive applications
The manufacturers also improved the clock speed to 1.6 GHz. Moreover now let us have a keen look at the features, pros, and cons of the two WiFi routers to help you decide which one would be the best choice for your use.
Brand: Linksys | Model Name: WRT1900AC | Operating System: Windows, Vista, XP, Mac OS | WiFi Technology: 802.11a, b, g, n, ac | Dimensions: 9.76 x 7.67 x 2.01 inches | Weight: 1.77 lbs. |
Smart WiFi gives you control via the mobile app to manage parental restrictions, prioritize traffic, and take care of the network away from home. Check Price from Amazon
Linksys WRT1900AC Review
With WRT1900AC, Linksys focused on improving hardware, amount of RAM, and CPU speed. That is an ideal WiFi router for everyday use. The only downside is the comparatively high price as there are other cheaper alternatives available.
However, these do not offer the customization features that Linksys WRT1900AC has in stock for you.
- You can expect the Linksys WRT1900AC to draw a lot of attention to itself as, unlike other hidden WiFi devices.
- However, this router is more significant with more evident design and color.
- With four stubby legs and four adjustable antennas, therefore, the device bound to draw the eye in the living room.
- In addition to this, one feature that users have loved a lot is the power button that comes in the shape of a sturdy toggle switch.
- Above all, features that make it extremely easy to locate and use control.
- A Smart WiFi account lets you log in to the router when you are away from home simply via a tap on the mobile device.
- Through this app, you can choose to set parental controls, prioritize traffic, change passwords on guest networks, and monitor the WiFi activity altogether.
Media Prioritization and Control Features
- The media prioritization feature lets you name clients from High to Normal preferences.
- The preferred networks can then enjoy prioritized access to the internet, so the more important tasks are not compromised.
- After that, The parental control features here are somewhat simple.
- They can be used to block certain devices or just selected websites. You can also align a time when the sites will be blocked.
- In addition, with Linksys WRT1900AC, you can allow up to 50 guest networks that are password protected and stream separately from the main network.
- You can also name the networks to what you prefer.t This was not possible in the previous models.
- Linksys WRT1900AC marks its name on the list of most powerful routers available.
- With 1.2 GHz processor and 256 GB RAM, the device capable of giving out strong WiFi signals sufficient to handle streaming on multiple devices at once.
- Furthermore, beamforming technology shapes the router’s signals, so each of the connected devices receives better than average speed without interruptions.
- The high-powered amplifiers ensured good connectivity and coverage.
- The WiFi thus proves to be an ideal choice even in multistory houses where each family member wants to use the best router for streaming, online gaming, HD video browsing, and what not!
Brand: Linksys| Model Name: WRT1900ACS | Operating System: MacOS (10.X or higher), Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 | WiFi Technology: 802.11b, a/g, n, ac | Dimensions: 9.68 x 7.64 x 2.05 inches | Weight: 1.59 lbs |
512 MB RAM and faster processor allow for overall better performance perfect for use when multiple devices are connected. Check Price from Amazon
Linksys WRT1900ACS Review
In the first look, WRT1900ACS may seem identical to WRT1900AC, but there is much more than what meets the eye. The manufacturers have also increased the level of customization possible with this router device.
Although it is a bit more expensive as compared to WRT1900AC, the superior hardware specifications will make it worth your choice in the long run.
Up to Date Design
- The external design has not changed much as compared to its predecessor. The blue plastic presents a practical chunky look.
- The device is sizeable, and the striking livery finished may not be well suited to users looking for something more aesthetically pleasing.
- The router is easy to place around the house with its angular, shiny, and upright structure firm on the four rubber-bottomed feet.
- The external antennas are adjustable so you can move them around to an optimized position. That would also help in achieving the best signal strength.
- An additional catchy change that the designers made include light of different colors representing the controlled display.
- They line up with their corresponding connections and buttons on the device, so you know exactly where the required switch is.
- Speaking internally about the router, there is no doubt it is more powerful as compared to other options in the market.
- There is a 1.6 GHz ARM-based processor coupled with 512 MB of DDR3 RAM. It also offers 128 MB of flash memory.
- Like other AC1900 series routers, you can achieve up to 600 Mbps with 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps with 5 GHz band.
- The most evident downside is the lack of MU-MIMO technology.
- The Multi-user Multiple Input Multiple Output feature is a must-have when you want to cope with several devices simultaneously without compromising on signal quality or internet speed.
Linksys WRT1900ACS Configuration
- To complete the WiFi configuration smoothly firstly you have to download the Linksys Smart WiFi app.
- However, This will allow you to take control of the network activity and speed.
- Furthermore, you can choose to turn the WiFi access on or off using the mobile app, create a guest network, or prioritize traffic to a specific network or clients.
- The best part about Smart WiFi is that you can log in to the router even when you are miles away from home.
- Access is possible from anywhere around the world similarly making it more convenient and easier to use.
Linksys WRT1900AC vs WRT1900ACS: What Are The Differences?
|Weight||1.77 lbs||1.59 lbs|
|Processor||1.2 GHz||1.6 GHz|
|RAM||256 MB||512 MB|
|USB Ports||USB 2.0 (1), USB 3.0 (1)||USB 2.0 (1), USB 3.0 (1)|
Linksys WRT1900AC vs WRT1900ACS: Final Verdict
In conclusion, Both the routers WRT1900AC vs WRT1900ACS are reliable enough with their good streaming abilities. However, if you are not an average user, then WRT1900ACS might serve your needs better.
The price difference is not much, but the recent model’s additional features make it worth the few extra dollars. The RAM is greater moreover it allows for simultaneous streaming on multiple devices without lagging issues.
It also has a more powerful CPU adding more strength to the router, so the internet does not disappoint you when you need it most.