When it comes to a comparison between Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub, which one would you choose?
Not a day goes by when a new smart router launches onto the market. Selecting a perfect WiFi device is easy and also difficult, with more and more efficient gadgets filling the industry every day.
[amazon box=”B017C0HZEO,B013ALA9LA” template=”horizontal”]
One of these is the all-time famous Google OnHub that released in association with TP-Link and Asus.
Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub – Quick Analysis
Google OnHub launches first in collaboration with TP-Link Asus OnHub followed shortly.
- Both the devices were quite expensive at the beginning, but the respective companies made significant price cuts to make them more affordable in comparison with other models.
Both of these products, Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub, carry roughly the same features. They are compatible with the Google WiFi system. They also work great with the companion app.
- If you are someone who goes with a device that has a simple setup then, surprisingly, the comparison between Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub will show you the installation process a breeze.
The products also have advanced security features. They cannot be activated unless they are using software trusted and verified by Google.
On top of this, you will also get to enjoy a flexible app control. The Google WiFi app lets you view the list of all connected devices and select a particular one to prioritize it with more bandwidth.
This is a perfect feature when you are HD streaming or downloading a large file and do not want to be affected by the activities of other devices using the same network.
There are a few common features you will find when comparing Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub. But, if you need to choose which one to buy then you must be aware of the differences as well.
Here, we will provide you with the difference between Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub to help you decide which one is the stronger, more efficient model. Let’s have a look!
Brand Name: Asus | Model Number: SRT-AC1900 | Operating System: Android | Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n | Dimensions: 5 x 7.87 x 5.19 inches | Weight: 1 lbs. |
The wave control feature lets you prioritize speed for a particular device by simply passing your hand over the top. Check Price from Amazon
Asus OnHub Review
This dual-band WiFi router supports 802.11 ac WiFi and also equips with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, 4 Gb RAM, 7 internal WiFi antennas, Bluetooth antenna, and a ZigBee 802.12.4 antenna. These are arranged in a circular design to provide you with reliable WiFi coverage.
Asus OnHub provides a wave control feature that lets you boost WiFi speed for a particular device. It also constantly works to optimize your WiFi connection.
- How does it do that?
- This router is also capable of communicating in a language you understand using the companion Google On app.
You don’t need to think about updating your router because OnHub updates its router software with the newly released features without interrupting your connection.
All in all, the Asus SRT-AC1900 is a dual-band that is easy to set up and delivers excellent close range performance. It is a gadget you should think about investing in next time you are looking for reliable WiFi routers.
- The light for the Asus model installs in the front, so this makes it more convenient to keep an eye on the status of the router.
- Asus did a good job by installing it in the front, so it is easier to keep an eye on the colour just by turning your head and having a look at the router.
Guest Network Control
- Asus OnHub provides amazing support for guest control. Our favourite one is “wave control.”
- This is perfect when you do not want any interruption during your gaming session or when you are streaming an HD movie.
- Simply go to the settings and turn on wave control to activate the feature.
Communicates in YOUR Language
- You will get the instructions in the language you understand when getting help from the app.
- The application will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to complete configuration and also be online within seconds.
- The Google On app also gives reliable feedback whenever you are facing any issue with the network.
- The software designs to automatically upgrade itself to the newly released features without any breaks in your connection.
- The router is also equipped with advanced security settings to keep you safe from cyber threats or privacy issues.
Brand Name: TP-Link | Model Number: TGR1900 | Operating System: Android | Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n | Dimensions: 4.1 x 4.6 x 7.5 inches | Weight: 3.5 lbs. |
The 13 powerful internal antennas provide full coverage in all directions, and also help to eliminate the dead zones. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link OnHub Review
TP-Link and Google partnered to produce a dual-band wireless router. The aesthetically pleasing design allows you to showcase it when you decorate it in your room.
The USB port does nothing, for now, as it keeps itself reserved for future upgrades. The adjustable brightness, ring light at the top is the status light. It glows cyan if everything is alright, while turns red if there is some problem.
Additionally, you may also prioritize bandwidth for a device if it needs a boost for some time. Apart from these, other basic configuration controls, common for Wi-Fi router, are also available in the app.
A combination of both bands extends the coverage area to 2500 square feet, and also provides a high-speed connection to 100+ connected devices.
- Overall, the OnHub is a moderate-priced, simple-to-use, router suited for home and office use.
- TP-Link is available in dark blue and black cover. Many users found it as a “model of a modernist building” that is bound to be eye-catching for visitors.
- In this case, an attractive design is a must-have as you will be likely placing it in front of the living room.
- Therefore, the unique design of TP-Link OnHub counts as a great addition to us.
13 Antennas for Strong Networking
- TP-Link OnHub features 13 antennas.
- 6 antennas are for 2.4 GHz, 6 for 5 GHz, and one additional that is dedicated only to the task of boosting the router’s signal strength.
- They are also capable of shifting the traffic automatically to another band if the network gets too crowded and enhances the Wifi signals.
- All thanks to this amazing design, the TP-Link can provide 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band.
- The router also originally has a Bluetooth and ZigBee antenna.
Connect More Than 100 Devices!
- TP-Link OnHub not only provides fast WiFi but is also capable of maintaining the services even when more than 100 devices are connected to it.
- This is perfect for a household that is full of smart devices in need of a WiFi connection.
- The Google On app will help you complete the setup, and also manage the OnHub device using your phone or tablet.
- You can also use them to manage bandwidth or prioritize specific devices even when you are away from home.
Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub: Final Verdict
There is not much that differentiates between Asus OnHub vs TP-Link OnHub. Both of the devices are capable of providing quality WiFi and reliable network connectivity at a budget-friendly price.
Moreover, if you want to set a guest network with a flexible control then Asus OnHub is the only choice that you can rely on. TP-Link, on the other hand, is more suited to the home environment where multiple devices will be using the same network.