The Asus vs Gigabyte Motherboard article compares motherboards, a core component of any computer, from two best-selling manufacturers.
Both Asus and Gigabyte are two giants when we talk about anything related to computing. These companies have a vast product line ranging from peripherals to complete systems.
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
In this rapidly advancing world, requirements for computing are ever-increasing. This forces technology manufacturers to introduce state-of-the-art, no matter what device we are looking at.
Out of everything that makes up a modern-day computer, the motherboard is the most important component.
- Therefore, this central component requires the utmost deliberation when you are deciding which one to buy.
This article will present a general comparison between Asus vs Gigabyte motherboard, in addition to details of two famous motherboards.
So, let us first compare what kind of motherboards both companies have to offer.
Asus vs Gigabyte Motherboard – Comparative Analysis
Before diving into the details of two representative motherboards from these companies, let us have an overview of the motherboards they are offering.
Gigabyte divides its motherboards into 5 major categories.
AORUS Gaming motherboards are for extreme gaming enthusiasts. Whereas Gigabyte Gaming motherboards are mid-ranged motherboards that may handle most of the gaming tasks.
- Ultra-Durable Motherboards are for extreme conditions and connectivity options.
While for server computers, Gigabyte offers server/workstation motherboards having appropriate processing and connectivity options.
Lastly, Embedded/IoT motherboards are most suited for on-board computers focusing on Internet of Things applications.
On the contrary, ASUS divides its range of motherboards into 8 major categories.
Out of these 8 categories, ROG, TUF Gaming, and Pro Gaming motherboards are specially designed for gaming purposes.
However, ProArt, ASUS Prime, and TUF – The Ultimate Force motherboards are more suited for general high computing tasks.
Apart from these, Commercial and Workstation motherboards are also available from ASUS.
- These motherboards are comparatively low-cost and can provide suitable options for connectivity to the user.
Both Asus vs Gigabyte motherboards utilize chipsets from Intel, AMD, and Nvidia.
Both companies provide a fair number of options for various kinds of applications. Therefore, it is up to you to pick one from the list.
As per the general perception, GigaByte motherboards outperform ASUS motherboards.
- They are more robust and rugged, while ASUS motherboards sometimes fail in harsh conditions.
- For a motherboard, harsh conditions are extreme gaming, software working on graphics, and cryptocurrency mining.
Let me end this section by saying a word in favor of ASUS motherboards, they have a considerably lower price tag.
Keep on reading the article for details of two representative motherboards from these companies.
Brand Name: Asus | Model Number: B450-F | Chipset: AM4 | RAM: DDR4 | PCIe Slots: 6 | USB: USB 3.1 Gen2 | Audio: Supreme FX S1220A
Republic of Gamers’ (ROG) motherboard series well-suits the modern day gaming requirements. provide some of the best gaming motherboards available in the market. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Asus ROG Strix B450-F
This beast from Asus is built for gaming.
Asus ROG Strix B450-F is a mid-range motherboard from the line of the Republic of Gamers (ROG). In addition to, stylish looks, and a glowing ROG logo, this motherboard is compatible with AMD Ryzen 2 via AM4 chipset.
- Additionally, 7th generation Athlon processors efficiently handle all connectivity situations.
A Dual NVMe M.2 port gives the user an extended state-of-the-art storage option, in addition to Gen2 USB 3.1 port. Furthermore, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM may be installed on it to boost the speed of your computer.
Moreover, 5-way optimization technology automatically manages the overclocking performance, in addition to efficiently managing the dynamic cooling system.
As far as audio is concerned, Asus ROG Strix B450-F features an 8-channel HD audio supported by ROG SupremeFX S1220A.
Last but not the least, a beautifully designed Input/Output Shield is premounted. Therefore, it ensures easy connection and installation of the peripherals.
- Asus ROG Strix B450-F is readily compatible with AMD Ryzen 2nd Gen processors.
- Thanks to the AM4 port the compatibility of the processor is not an issue.
- Additionally, AMD Ryzen 1st Gen processors are also compatible.
Good Overclocking Performance
- Due to 5-way optimization with auto-tuning and Fan Xpert 4 this board will give an above-average performance while in overclocked mode.
- It automatically controls fans for achieving the best suitable cooling.
- This board features 6 PCIe slots.
- 2 are PCIe 3.0×16, another is a PCIe 2.0×16, while 3 are PCIe 2.0×1 slots.
DDR4 RAM Slots
- You’ll see 4 DDR4 RAM slots on the board.
- Asus ROG Strix B450-F can support up to 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200 MHz clock.
- This board has state-of-the-art two M.2 ports.
- The read/write speed of an M.2 port is around 32 Gb/s.
- This allows SSD to perform much better as compared to SSD installed in a SATA port.
Industrial Standard Audio
- Asus ROG Strix B450-F has ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A audio technology with 8 HD channels
- An all-black, stylish looking motherboard will compel you to get your hands on it.
- Furthermore, an RGB LED glowing beneath the ROG Logo adds to the beauty of this motherboard.
- In addition, an RGB LED already present on the board, you may attach up to two RGB LEDs on the provided ports.
- Auro Sync makes sure every color of the RGB LED has a certain meaning.
- Green means board is in the boot sequence, while white is for VGA usage.
- Yellow is for DDR4 RAM and lastly Red is for CPU.
Brand Name: Gigabyte | Model Number: B365M DS3H | Processor: 8th or 9th Gen Intel Core | RAM: DDR4 | PCIe Slots: 4 | USB: USB 3.0| Weight: 1.50 lbs |
Gigabyte B365M DS3H belongs to Ultra-Durable series of Gigabyte motherboards built for robust and long-lasting performance. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Gigabyte B365M DS3H
This motherboard will always have your back.
Belonging to the Ultra-Durable motherboard series, Gigabyte B365M DS3H is a robust and sturdy motherboard. Multiple temperature sensors allow it to perform well in tough conditions.
Though it comes readily compatible with 8th generation Intel Core processors, it can also work with 9th generation processors. For that, you’ll need a BIOS upgrade, which is quite easy to apply.
Furthermore, it has a considerably lower price than Asus ROG Strix B450-F. But this reduction is reflected in other features of this board. It only has 4 PCIe 3.0×2 slots along with USB 3.0 and a single M.2 port.
It supports DDR4 RAM but only up to 2666 MHz. You can insert up to 64 GB of RAM via 4 DDR4 slots available on the motherboard. Furthermore, the board features a high-quality audio capacitor and a noise guard for the best audio output.
Support Intel Processors
- Gigabyte B365M DS3H comes readily compatible with 8th generation Intel Core processors.
- Additionally, it is compatible with 9th generation processors as well, but it’ll require you to upgrade the BIOS.
- Multiple temperature sensors are there to make sure that nowhere on the board goes beyond the recommended value.
- Additionally, anti-Sulfur resistors are used to make the design durable.
- The board features 4 PCIe slots for inserting VGA or any other compatible card.
- Surprisingly this motherboard features a built-in Bluetooth.
- It gives this board an added feature of wireless connectivity.
- Gigabyte B365M DS3H features one state-of-the-art M.2 port that supports read/write speeds up to 32 Gb/s.
- Consequently, this port allows SSD to attach with the board and give the best possible performance.
Asus vs Gigabyte Motherboard – Final Words
The article Asus vs Gigabyte Motherboard presented a general comparison of motherboards from Asus and Gigabyte. Additionally, two representative products were also explored and discussed.
Both companies manufacture state-of-the-art motherboards, well suited for various applications.
Asus motherboards more aesthetically appealing and are generally of lower price. On the contrary, Gigabyte’s motherboards are tough and robust with a little less catchy design.
Before choosing a motherboard, check thoroughly its compatibility and features, because this board will be the central component of your machine. Both Asus and Gigabyte are worth considering while making a decision, but it is up to you to make a choice considering your situation.