Did you come here tied between whether to choose Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300?
This guide would walk you through everything you need to know about these two amazing Netgear products.
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with AC2300 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1625 Mbps).
Netgear is a multinational company whose name stands out when talking about communication electronic devices.
The world of technology is rapidly advancing with a great demand for high-speed internet connection.
Therefore, all of us are looking for affordable routers that can provide the latest features, the amazing speed that works effectively.
When choosing a router, it becomes difficult to make a choice when both have quite capable of providing amazing speed, reliable connectivity and quality service.
When talking about the best options you have in the market in the case of routers, we thought it best to provide a detailed comparison between Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300.
Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300- Comparative Analysis
Netgear AC1900 offers amazing speed along with the fact that the device is easy to set up and configure. Additionally, with a 1 GHz dual-core processor, the router sufficiently provides 1900 Mbps speed.
Furthermore, there is no limit to the number of compatible devices that you could connect with it without compromising the quality of the internet.
- In fact, it has been reviewed as the best choice for lag-free internet access.
The router is of wireless type 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and comes equipped with 345 RAM. It is powered by 1 Lithium-ion battery
Therefore, every user was anxious to find out if the company has made any solid improvements in the new design.
They were not disappointed!
The newer model offers a speed of up to 1625+600 Mbps. Moreover, MU-MIMO technology ensures that it caters to multiple connected devices.
- The 1 GHz dual-core processors allow for buffer-free video streaming.
When the range of two routers was compared it was concluded that Netgear AC2300 covered a 50% wider area than AC1900. It was found to be an ideal device for use in larger homes and offices.
Lastly, Firewall security in AC2300 is also upgraded. In addition to the SPI feature found in AC1900, this router is also equipped with Nat, advanced parental controls, and much more!
- Still not sure which one to go for?
Continue reading to know in detail about the specs, pros, cons, general review, and features between Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300.
Brand: Netgear | Model Name: R7000 | Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX | WiFi Technology: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac | Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.3 x 2 inches | Weight: 1.7 lbs |
Boost the speed of WiFi connection with this latest feature to enhance the reliability as well as range of signal coverage Check Price from Amazon
Netgear AC1900 Review
Netgear AC1900 has competed well with other top-notch routers.
It is perfect for home-based use with a start-of-the-art design, in addition to amazing built-in features. Furthermore, the wall mount and detachable antennas make AC1900 worth every penny!
Netgear AC1900 has an amazing network range, efficient design, and fast wireless signal strength. However, the only downside is that it is a bit pricey as compared to other routers in the market.
It has become with of the most desirable options with a lightning-speed WiFi internet connection at a reasonable price.
The Netgear AC1900 does not exactly have a lightweight but it’s better than its predecessors. Multiple LED lights upfront indicate the status of different ongoing functions such as USB connectivity.
It specifically offers WPA/WPA2 and WEP that secures your WiFi channels. With double firewall protection (SPI and NAT) as well as a DOS attack prevention system, your streaming experience will be safe from any sorts of cyber-threats.
In addition to this, the guest network access is password-protected and separate from the main network for security. Overall, the device may lack just a few points but it is the closest option to the perfect router you can find in the market.
Affordable Price Range
- R7000 is a smart choice if you want to save a few dollars.
- Additionally, it makes up for a good router for home use with amazing speed and reliable connectivity at an affordable price!
- The router has a compact and lightweight design.
- The LEDs on the front are used to imply the status of different ongoing functionalities of the device.
- They indicate whether the WiFi device is turned on, if it is actively connected to the internet or whether the Ethernet ports are active or not.
- Some LEDs are also for WiFi Protected Setup as well as signal transmission.
Easy Setup and Configuration
- The package comes with a helping book along with an AC adapter and network cable.
- Simply download the software online to complete the configuration.
- In addition to connecting the router to an internet source, provide the IP address and the required settings in the Genie Software.
- You can also set a unique name and password for the router.
Amazing Built-in Hardware
- It is an authentic model with dual-band capacity that can provide up to 1.3 Gbps Wi-Fi speed of 5 GHz band, in addition to 600 Mbps speed on 2.5 GHz band.
- The admirable hardware comes with all the high-end components such as a dual-core CPU, large storage space, and 256 MB of DDR RAM.
- Netgear R7000 comes with a decent encryption system.
- It offers WPA/WPA2, in addition to WEP that secures your Wi-Fi channels.
- With double firewall protection (SPI and NAT) as well as a DOS attack prevention system, you can rest assured that the streaming experience will be safe from cyber threats.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- QoS now lets you control both upstreaming and down streaming activity with superior options to customize upstream.
- Quality of Service allows you to prioritize internet usage so that on-going applications such as video chat, streaming, or gaming get the most of bandwidth.
- This is a handy feature when you need an optimal user experience when multiple devices are connected.
Brand: Netgear | Model Name: R7000P-100NAS | Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX | WiFi Technology: 802.11bgn | Dimensions: 13.71x 10.09 x 3.11 inches | Weight: 3.29 lbs
Simaltaneously stream data on multiple devices with R7000P with MU-MIMO technology with boosted signal for each user! Check Price from Amazon
Netgear AC2300 Review
Netgear AC2300 R7000P is a unique device and a perfect solution as a home router. It delivers up to 600 Mbps 802.11 n 2.4 GHz band, in addition to 1625 Mbps 5 GHz band.
Netgear has also introduced some new technologies into this design. One such addition is that of the Netgear R7000P MU-MIMO feature. It is the perfect answer to all your worries if you were tired of lags in gaming and buffering videos.
- Now the internet service will not slow you down even when multiple devices are connected!
Furthermore, with the extra layer of security, your home network will have the best defence against malware and cyber threats. All the security features already installed in R7000P include WPA, WPA2, WEP, separate guest network, SPI, NAT, and DOS attack protection.
- Therefore, Netgear R7000P (AC2300) is a clear winner in this aspect.
You can stream away from the worry of stolen passwords, identity theft, and hacker attacks. You will also have the flexibility to control the network with voice commands such as Amazon Alexa.
Lastly, Netgear R7000P ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows for the sharing of stored files via USB drive. What’s more convenient than enjoying the accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without any storage limitations, extra charges, or privacy concerns?
- Netgear R7000P comes equipped with Netgear Armor which is an upgraded threat protection feature for your home and devices.
- Besides this, it offers WPA, WPA2, WEP, separate guest network, SPI, NAT, and DOS attack protection.
- Furthermore, Armor comes as an additional feature to protect you from threats and offer advanced cyber-security.
Wireless Speed Rating
- Speed matters a lot if you are into multiplayer gaming and HD video streaming.
- Netgear R7000P supports 802.11ac wireless network and it can comfortably deliver an amazing 2300 Mbps of bandwidth.
- The Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output allows for faster data transfer and reliable streaming.
- It also caters for data transfers to multiple devices at a time at a faster output.
- Therefore, you can enjoy greater download speed and smooth video streaming without any interruptions.
Secure Cloud Storage
- With this router, you can share stored files via a USB drive.
- All you have to do is plug the hard drive into the Netgear router to create personal, secure, and simple cloud storage.
- Furthermore, through the mobile app or web portal, you can use the ReadyCLOUD anywhere to access the USB drive at home!
Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300 – Find a Verdict
The price difference between the two models Netgear AC1900 vs AC2300 is quite minimal. Therefore, we recommend that if you only have to spend a few extra dollars then go for AC2300 R7000P as it is the better of the two choices.
Netgear R7000P (AC2300) offers much better Wi-Fi speed and compared to the other device. The biggest difference is that it also supports MU-MIMO technology which is a must-have when the router is to be used by multiple devices at a time.
When it comes to security features, R7000P allows you to buy a yearly subscription to Netgear Armor to protect your home computer and networks from malware, viruses, in addition to other cyber threats.