Have you decided to buy TP-Link Archer 802.11 ac Wi-Fi wireless router but confused between TP-Link Archer C7 vs C8 vs C9?
If you are in such a situation, then I hope this detailed comparison will help you make a decision. Different people have different technical expertise; then, I would like to explain in the purest form.
The TP-Link Archer C7 is an 802.11 ac standard wireless Wi-Fi router, which means that it is the latest generation of Wi-Fi, whereas the TP-Link Archer C7 V2 is the newest version at the time of writing.
TP-Link Archer C7 vs C8 vs C9 – Ultimate Comparison
The Internet has become universal in today’s work. A record of a large number of people is now using the Internet daily for their fun and also for work.
From businesses to homes, everyone needs the Internet to get their work done. Some people require an internet connection for business and work purposes, but few need it for mobile internet usage.
Above all, the usage of the Internet is increasing in days; it is very important to have a good quality router.
[amazon box=”B01IUDUJE0″ template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00PDLRHFW” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00N2ROH0C” template=”horizontal”]
Without the right router, your internet connection is all in waste. As a matter of fact, internet speeds have increased drastically while comparing it to the past few years.
Their technical specifications are the jargon most that don’t follow. While offering all the most advanced features, these are the best routers under your budget compared to other routers from leading manufacturers.
Here is a comparison table that sums up all the tech jargon and features in one place for easy reference and understanding.
Brand Name: TP-Link | Model: Archer C7| Wi-Fi Spec: 802.11ac/Dual Band | Ports: 4 Gbps LAN, 2 USB 2.0 | Range: 110 feet | Size: 1.4- by 9.5- by 6.0-inches| RAM: 128 MB|
TP-Link C7 router can support speeds up to 1700MBPS wirelessly and this is three times faster when compared to an 802.11n standard router. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link Archer C7 Review
In a world where there are hopeless model numbers all around, TP-Link Archer C7 is at least a breath of fresh air. It is a pleasure to have the friendly-sounding Archer C7 that may appear on your list of network devices while inside it is the ultra-gloss black chassis is some serious networking hardware.
The TP-Link C7 wireless router is an affordable 802.11 ac network and the cable broadband router. Affordable TP-Link C7 wireless router is an affordable router that has a lot to like. Within this economical price, you will get everything you want from a higher-end model without any price tag.
It always seems good, and the compact system that is easy to set up and configure quickly with a good interface.
- The RAM of the router cannot be expanded. But by default, the router’s flash memory is used to store the operating system of TP-Link.
- The latest firmware of C7 supports IPv6 Protocol that provides an identification and location system for the computers on the networks and routes the traffic across the Internet.
- The TP-Link C7 is very compatible with the frequency of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- This frequency of 2.4 GHz is widely used, and in some cases, it may be overcrowded.
- The TP-Link C supports the 5 GHz band.
- It also offers better noise immunity with less interference and more available channels.
- You can also attach a compatible USB printer with the TP-Link Archer C7 device as it has built-in NAS functionality.
- Its default IP addresses of the TP-Link Archer C7 device are 192.168.0.1, and this address allows you to access the router’s console login page.
- The TP-Link C7 has a power button that can be used to quickly add clients via its WPS feature.
- In addition to the router’s expected input port for your broadband connection, it also has gigabit LAN connections and a pair of USB 2.0 ports that can accommodate everything from a memory key to a printer.
Brand Name: TP-Link | Model: Archer C8| Power supply: 12 V / 3.3 A| Antennas: 3 x 5 dBi| WiFi Speed: 1750Mbps | CPU Processor: Dual Core: 800MHz| RAM: 128 MB|
Its beamforming technology helps you in boosting the internet signal strength for certain devices, it means that you get no interruptions when you’re gaming or watching videos. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link Archer C8 Review
The TP-Link Archer C8 is one of the less-expensive 802.11ac routers you’ll find, and it has most latest features that include three removable antennas, beam-forming support, and two USB ports for sharing storage or a printer on your network.
Printer sharing is disabled by default, though, and you’ll need to install a utility on a client PC if you enable it. The router comes permanently affixed with a metal stand that keeps it in a near-vertical orientation.
- The guest network is the most useful feature of the Archer C8 router that creates a separate network for guests.
- It has 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0 port(s).
- The Archer C8 router has 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN and 4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN ports.
- Flash memory of C8 is used to store the TP-Link operating system.
- Its latest firmware supports IPv6 protocol that provides an identification and location system for all those computers on networks and routes traffic across the Internet.
- The Archer C8 is compatible with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks, and 2.4 GHz is the most widely used frequency and, in some cases, maybe overcrowded.
- The Archer C8 supports the 5 GHz band that offers better noise immunity, less interference, and more available channels.
- It has USB 3.0 ports that offer a fast interface for external storage with data transfer rates of up to 4.8 Gbps.
- You can also attach a compatible USB printer with the TP-Link Archer C8 device. It has built-in NAS functionality.
- Its IP addresses, 192.168.0.1, allows you to access the router’s console login page.
Brand Name: TP-Link | Model: Archer C9| Dimensions: 221 x 86 x 168.5 mm| Power supply: 12 V / 3.3 A| WiFi Speed: 1900Mbps | CPU Processor: Dual Core: Dual Core 1GHz| RAM: 128 MB|
It gives the smoothest experience of 4K streaming and online gaming with its high performance WiFi that also delivers speed up to 1900 Mbps of dual band WiFi. Check Price from Amazon
TP-Link Archer C9 Review
I’ve said this before, and it remains true that the routers are rare to get excited about. The strange thing is that everyone will have a rubbish one and that’s when you change to notice them. The Archer C9 has a vast range, and it also looks nice enough to leave out in the clear and open.
That latter point, by the way, is the easiest way of getting a better signal. I like its upper right stature that it’s white with blue lights too. What I love, most of all is that this is a great router that costs less than its competitors. Add to that its quick and easy setup, I really can’t find anything bad to say about it.
- Wireless AC1900 supports 802.11ac, which is the next generation of Wi-Fi.
- It the best router for streaming 4K Ultra HD video and game online without a clear 5GHz (1300Mbps) band while using the 2.4GHz (600Mbps) band for everyday tasks.
- It offers beamforming technology that locates wireless devices to create a stronger connection.
- 1GHz dual-core processor handles simultaneously wired and wireless connections without any interruptions.
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports to easily share printers, files, and media across your network.
- Three dual band detachable antennas offer maximum Omni-directional wireless coverage and reliability.
- TP-LINK Live 24/7 technical support for assistance with setup and configuration.
As these three models of TP-Link are upgrades over one another, it is comparatively easy to pick a clear winner. If you’re looking at the most advanced features along with excellent speed, you must choose model C9.
However, if you consider value for money and don’t have a heavy internet usage scenario, you must choose model C8. Overall, C8 and C9 are both are the best options, but C7 is outdated and has poor specs when compared to the other routers from the competitors.
If you want a router for business or an office that might seem to have heavy internet usage, C9 should be your pick. If you want it for your home or a small business with high internet usage but not too high, then C8 is for you. I hope you liked our review of TP-Link Archer C7 vs C8 vs C9, make sure to comment on which one you liked the most.