The entire Netgear R series comes with solid features that make them good competitors with other AC wireless routers in the market. Here we will look at Netgear R6400 vs R7000.
This company is renowned for manufacturing Wi-Fi devices at affordable prices with the basic aim of providing superb connections throughout your area.
It can get really confusing when you have to pick the right choice from so many available under budget options. Especially if you are stuck between choosing Netgear products.
Netgear R6400 vs R7000 – Comparative Analysis
Although there are key differences between the two, both possess unique look perfect to go with house interiors. Furthermore, they can work with dual bands.
- You’ll get a solid speed of 1750 Mbps fit for online gaming and HD video streaming.
In addition to this, Ethernet ports would let you connect external devices for high-speed internet.
Both Netgear R6400 vs R7000 come with external antennas and beamforming technology to strengthen Wi-Fi signal across the house.
Furthermore, Netgear R6400 features 2 external USB ports (2.0 and 3.0). Contrary to this, R7000 only has 1 3.0 USB port with which you can connect a flash drive for data sharing.
Both routers feature advanced Quality of Service (QoS) to allow you to prioritize the internet traffic if multiple devices are connected simultaneously.
[amazon box=”B00Z0V2NQ8,B00F0DD0I6″ template=”horizontal”]
The Genie Software may be used to configure various options of Netgear R6400 and Netgear R7000 both. These options may range from QoS to Parental Control.
Netgear R6400 is twice heavier than Netgear R7000!
One of the most significant qualities of the router is that it is easy to setup. Both routers come with a helping book along with an AC adapter and network cable.
- Simply download the software online to complete the configuration.
As far as price comparison is concerned, Netgear R6400 has a slight edge over R7000.
I hope this comparison is enough for establishing the positives and negatives of both routers. However, for detailed analysis, you may keep on reading the article.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: R6400 | Wi-Fi: AC1750| Wi-Fi Version: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 12.9 x 9.8 x 3.7 inches | Weight: 3.18 lbs |
Netgear R6400 provides stable networking and lets you enjoy HD streaming and games seamlessly! Check Price from Amazon
Review of Netgear R6400
- It is a near model that makes use of a dual-band system.
Utilizing the beamforming technology, it ensures a robust connection throughout your house. In addition to this, the speed is fast, and coverage is quite stable making it one of the best routers available.
You also do not need to worry about long-range connectivity. The signals spread to every corner thanks to powerful antennas. Every connected user would get to enjoy high-speed networking regardless of the distance from the Wi-Fi router.
Netgear R6400 is equipped with powerful amplifiers. These boost signals to improve overall strength and experience. The QoS feature makes surfing and HD streaming interruption-free and more fun.
You can choose to limit web access for your family’s safety. This sums all the reasons why R6400 has become the go-to choice for many users.
- R6400 features both a 2.0 and a 3.0 USB port for connection of external storage devices with the router.
Cyber-Security For Your Home
- Stream free of virus attacks, malware, and other cyber malfunctions.
- You can check the security status of all the devices at once and also opt to receive alerts when threats are blocked on any of the connected devices.
Amazing Parental Controls
- Thanks to the Netgear Circle feature, you can set a time limit on daily internet use for apps, sites, and devices.
- Additionally, you can choose to pause the internet simply with a press of a button.
- Equally important, the bedtime option automatically shuts down the internet at the chosen time for each member separately.
- If you share the routers with others, then it is important to prioritize network traffic.
- With advanced Quality of Service, you can prioritize applications and clients one over the other.
- This would make network use efficient and save you from frustrating experiences.
- This feature stops older connected devices from producing lag on newer, more important ones.
- Netgear R6400 automatically takes care of this issue by ensuring that network use is equal to all devices.
ReadyShare For Easier Use
- Netgear R6400 ReadyShare feature will solve all your sharing problems.
- ReadyShare USB makes sharing of USB hard drive efficient.
- Moreover, with the utmost flexibility, you can simply share using wire or WiFi connections.
- Similarly, the ReadyShare printer allows you to print from remote locations.
Netgear | Model Name: R7000 | Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX | WiFi Technology: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.3 x 2 inches | Weight: 1.7 lbs |
Boost the speed of WiFi connection with this latest feature to enhance the reliability as well as range of signal coverage. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Netgear R7000
- Netgear R7000 has competed well with other top-notch routers.
It is perfect for home-based use with a start-of-the-art design and amazing built-in features. Additionally, the wall mount and detachable antennas make R7000 worth every penny!
Netgear R7000 has an amazing network range, efficient design, and fast wireless signal strength.
It comes with the most desirable options with a lightening-speed WiFi internet connection at a reasonable price. Furthermore, the impressive hardware components optimize the use with the highest 190 Gbps speed.
The Netgear R7000 does not exactly have a lightweight but it’s better than its predecessors. In addition to this, the detachable antennas and wall-mount make it easier to position and use the router.
Multiple LED lights upfront indicate the status of different ongoing functions such as USB connectivity. Overall, the device may lack just a few points but it is the closest option to the perfect router you can find in the market.
Affordable Price Range
- Price has to be the first factor many buyers consider when choosing a WiFi router.
- Therefore, R7000 is a smarter choice if you want to save a few dollars.
- It makes up for a good router for home use with amazing speed and reliable connectivity.
Design With Multiple LEDs
- The router has a compact and light-weight design.
- Additionally, the LEDs are used to imply the status of different on-going functionalities of the device.
- These lights indicate whether the WiFi device is turned on, if it is actively connected to the internet or whether the Ethernet ports are active or not.
- You may control LED’s functions from the system’s software.
Easy Setup and Configuration
- Netgear R6400 features an easy setup.
- Following instructions from the helping book, you can set the router without any difficulty.
- After you are done connecting the router to an internet source, provide the IP address, in addition to the required settings in the Genie Software.
Customization with Genie Software
- The primary screen indicates any issues with the internet connection or possible errors.
- It also presents parental controls and a variety of options to choose from.
- Furthermore, you may view various Wi-Fi options including whether the internet is active, whether the USB port is in use, etc.
Amazing Built-in Hardware
- It is an authentic model with dual-band capacity that can provide up to 1.3 Gbps WiFi speed of 5 GHz band and 600 Mbps speed on 2.5 GHz band.
- The admirable hardware comes with all the high-end components such as dual-core CPU, large storage space, and 256 MB of DDR RAM.
- Netgear R7000 comes with a decent encryption system.
- It specifically offers WPA/WPA2 and WEP that secures your WiFi channels.
- In addition to this, the guest network access is password-protected and separate from the main network for security.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- QoS now lets you control both upstreaming and down streaming activity with superior options to customize upstream.
- Quality of Service allows you to prioritize internet usage so that on-going applications such as video chat, streaming, or gaming get the most of bandwidth.
- This is a handy feature when you need an optimal user experience from the home router.
The price difference between the two models Netgear R6400 vs R7000 is quite minimal. Therefore, we recommend that if you only have to spend a few extra dollars then go for R7000 as it is better of the two choices.
However, if you are trying to save few bucks then opt for Netgear R6400 as it provides almost similar features at a lower price.
The final answer will depend on what you need! R7000 is best for fast processing whereas multiple USB ports are the best feature for R6400. Netgear R7000 also offers wide coverage and stable connectivity.
It will help you manage multiple devices with great internet speed. As far as software is concerned, both utilize the same software and offer similar features.