Are you finding it difficult to select the best Wi-Fi router for home use? Let me take you through the comparison of Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400 to help you.
To start with, both Linksys and Netgear, are giants when it comes to Best Wi-Fi Routers or any other related product.
Both of these companies are around for quite some time and have produced the best performing devices.
- No surprise if you can’t make up your mind for choosing one over the other.
A range of Wi-Fi routers, incorporating AC technology, are available in the market. Therefore, sometimes it’s overwhelming to arrive at a decision when there are so many other router brands options.
Let me help you out. This article will provide a detailed comparison between Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400. Once you have been through this article, making up your mind will not be a problem.
Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400 – Relative Analysis
Although these Dual-Band routers have key differences, based on some features, one may be ranked over the other in certain situations.
Both Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400 comes with a beautiful outlook, later being a bit sleek. Furthermore, 3-detachable antennas make sure both routers have decent coverage area.
As far as throughput speeds are concerned, you’ll get a similar 1750 Mbps from both routers. Of this 1750 Mbps, 1300 Mbps is reserved for 5 GHz band, whereas 450 Mbps is for 2.4 GHz band.
The 1750 Mbps speed makes these routers the best for 4K Video streaming, online gaming, and general home use.
Furthermore, these routers utilize state-of-the-art beamforming technology to provide high-speed connectivity to all devices.
Both routers provide similar coverage area that may be extended to include all devices using a WiFi range extender.
- Other than these similarities, there is not much common between these two routers.
Linksys EA7300 has MU-MIMO that make sure multiple users get high-speed Wi-Fi through multi-in-multi-out connections. However, you cannot find this feature in Netgear R6400.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10+ wireless devices
- Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa – Control your home network using voice commands.
Furthermore, you’ll find 5 ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 on Netgear R6400. On the contrary, only 2 ethernet ports and a single USB 3.0 port is available on Linksys EA7300.
- Last but not the least, you can find Linksys EA7300 less expensive as compared to Netgear R6400.
I’ve compared all the main features of Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400 in this section. However, if you are still in the shallows, then go through the rest of this article to reach a conclusion.
Brand Name: Linksys | Model Number: EA7300 | Wi-Fi: AC1750| Wireless Devices: 10+ | Wi-Fi Coverage: 1500 sq. ft. | Wireless Standard: 802.11ac |
Linksys EA7300 with its MU-MIMO technology provides high-speed internet to multiple users through MIMO connection. Check Price from Amazon
Linksys EA7300 Review
Linksys EA7300 provides all the basic features anyone wants in a Wi-Fi router.
A combination of dual-band signals with beamforming technology and MU-MIMO allows this router to feed every connected device perfectly. You’ll get 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz band, while 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band.
You can simultaneously connect more than 10 wireless devices with Linksys EA7300.
Additionally, thanks to three high gain detachable antennas, the coverage area extends to 1500 sq. ft. So, now all your devices can connect to this router no matter where you are in your large, comfortable home.
Furthermore, you’ll get a single USB 3.0 port at the back of this beautiful, all black Wi-Fi router.
All in all, Linksys EA7300 is an all-rounder, having all possible features and that too at a lower price than its competitor.
Advanced AC Technology
Linksys EA7300 comes with Dual-Band AC technology.
- It offers 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz band while speeds up to 450 Mbps are offered on 2.4 GHz band.
- Linksys EA7300 uses beamforming technology to direct the Wi-Fi signals towards the connected devices.
- Hence it ensures that the connected device receives a reliable high-speed connection.
- Multi-User, Multi-Input-Multi-Output technology makes sure multiple connected devices get a high-speed Wi-Fi connection.
- Additionally, MIMO technology utilizes multiple channels to avoid data congestion.
Wide Coverage Area
- In addition to beamforming technology, 3 high-gain antennas allow this router to cover a wide area.
- Hence this extends the total coverage area of a reliable Wi-Fi signal beyond 1500 sq. ft.
- Smaller is dimensions, lighter in weight, and clearly visible status LEDs make Linksys EA7300 easily portable.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app allows you to manage the router easily using your mobile device.
- In addition to the usage report, you can manage guest passwords, connected devices’ priority, parental controls, etc. through this app.
- You can get this router at a lower price than its competitor.
- Therefore, if you want to save a few dollars then Linksys EA7300 is quite a good option.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: R6400-100NAS | Wi-Fi: AC1750| Wi-Fi Standard: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac | Dimensions: 12.9 x 9.8 x 3.7 inches | Weight: 3.18 lbs |
With advanced Beamforming+ technology all connected devices get high-speed internet simultaneously. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Netgear R6400
Netgear R6400 utilizes AC technology to deliver dual-band signal. It delivers 1300 Mbps speed on the 5 GHz band, whereas up to 450 Mbps may be achieved on the 2.4 GHz band.
This makes sure you get faster and reliable connections.
Three high-power antennas further enhance the coverage and connection reliability by boosting the signal in a wide area. Moreover, advanced QoS ensures interruption-free HD streaming and surfing.
Moreover, features like parental controls, guest network access, ReadyShare printer, etc. make this router best for general home usage.
Furthermore, you can easily set up and manage this router via Nighthawk Mobile App.
This sums up almost all features you can find on Netgear R6400. Apart from being a bit pricey, this router has no major con associated with it.
Dual-Band AC Technology
- Just like its rival, Netgear R6400 also features Dual-Band AC technology.
- It can deliver 450 Mbps at 2.4 GHz while lightning-fast 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz band.
- Netgear R6400 uses Beamforming+ technology, along with 3 high-power antennas to deliver reliable Wi-Fi connection to all connected devices.
- Beamforming+ technology is an advanced version of beamforming technology, allowing robust connection of devices.
High-Speed Ethernet Port
- There are 5 high-speed ethernet ports available on this router.
- 1 WAN and 4 LAN ports can deliver up to 4 Gbps of Wi-Fi connection speed to the connected devices.
- Furthermore, you can connect more than 10 wireless devices and 4 wired devices simultaneously with this router.
- Netgear R6400 has ample USB ports for the connection of external devices.
- Two 2.0 (available at the back), in addition to a 3.0 USB (available at the front) port is available.
- So, you can connect storage drives and/or printer with these ports to access the devices wirelessly.
- Netgear’s Nighthawk app allows you to manage the router using your mobile device.
- So, you can manage users, configure various options of the router, set limits, etc. through this app.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use parental controls are available.
- Furthermore, Netgear Circle allows you to set limits on the daily internet usage of apps, sites, and devices.
- Additionally, a press of a button can pause the internet on connected devices.
- Advanced Quality of Service allows you to prioritize devices and applications.
- So, you can enjoy an uninterrupted Wi-Fi connection, without any lags, if you are streaming HD videos or playing games.
ReadyShare For Easier Use
- The ReadyShare feature of Netgear R6400 allows you to easily share USB connected devices over the network.
- These devices may include storage devices, printers, scanners, etc.
Final Words on Linksys EA7300 vs Netgear R6400
The only major advantage Linksys EA7300 has over Netgear 6400 is its price.
Now it’s up to you to decide whether you want a few additional features like extra USB ports, ReadyShare, etc. at the expense of around $40 or not.
It is easy to see that, as far as, technology is concerned Netgear R6400 has superior beamforming while Linksys EA7300 uses MU-MIMO. Apart from this difference, there is no mentionable difference in technology.
Linksys EA7300 has added advantage of being lightweight and smaller in size. Furthermore, I’ll personally prefer its outlook over Netgear R6400. Now it’s up to you to make your mind, I’ve spelt everything out for you to make a decision.