Finding it difficult to purchase the most exceptional Wi-Fi router? Are you confused about choosing between Netgear R7000 vs R8000?
- Don’t worry! You have visited the right place.
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
We completely understand your concern about picking up the best Wi-Fi routers. Although there are various options available in the market, which makes it difficult for you to decide and pick one, the brand “Netgear” has its differentiating fame and a good rating, which always attracts the users to buy it.
The other main concern before buying any router is the main factors that a customer should consider, right? We will help you select the utmost Wi-Fi router with some fantastic tips.
Netgear is a multinational company that always served its customers the elite wireless routers with no complaints.
Moreover, this brand has its main office in San Jose, CA where it’s famous for many smart devices, Ethernet switching devices, cables, and the supreme Netgear Nighthawk routers.
In this article, we are mainly going to focus on the features and differences between Netgear R7000 vs R8000.
Netgear R7000 vs R8000 – A Quick Comparison!
It’s not easy to compare Netgear R7000 vs R8000 when we know that both the routers are of the same brand, providing the best services, giving a fast speed, and granting reliable connectivity.
If we get to a quick comparison between Netgear R7000 vs R8000, it is evident that R8000 provides a more excellent range of speed – of about 3200 Mbps than the R7000, which comes with a maximum speed of 1900 Mbps.
The triple bandwidths of R8000 allow you to connect more devices with high efficiency compared to Netgear R7000, which provides a dual-bandwidth feature – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency.
But not to forget, R7000 equips with advanced and armoured security protection, which is not a feature of R8000 – X6.
If you compare the antennas between Netgear R7000 vs R8000, the nighthawk R7000 has three antennas, whereas the other one facilitates with six antennas to provide a broader range.
Above all, the main point of concern for every user is which one will suit them best according to their requirements? It can be a pain in the neck if you would not consider its specifications and features.
So, keep on reading to know both the products in detail!
The latest feature allows your router to transmit signals, creating a bold, more durable, faster, and efficient wireless communication. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R7000 Review
The Netgear R7000 not only has a mesmerizing layout but also attains features that are very impressive for the buyers. Getting to know more about R7000, we find out that it has a principal activity of dual bandwidths – 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
The wireless router provides speed up to 1900 Mbps, which is reason enough for customers to use the router efficiently. Although some users complained about a few lagging issues, the customers’ overall review is excellent!
The enhanced Quality of Service feature installed in Netgear R7000 saves your time by minimizing the buffering problems. The two USB ports allow the connection of printers or other storage solutions, which is a comfortable feature so far.
Moreover, the Nighthawk provides its app for android or iOS users, which allows them to take over the router configuration from any smart device they want. Overall, the outstanding reviews stand in favour of the wireless router, and it delivers a perfect data rate with excellent coverage.
- You can connect your wired devices like computers, play stations, streaming players, and many more with the wireless router as it contains four 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- R7000 comes in an affordable price range. So, if you want to save your money and still get the best router, opt for Netgear R7000!
- The device offers you a WPA/WPA2 and WEP system, which helps secure your Wi-Fi routers.
- Moreover, the guest network system is password-protected and separates itself from the leading network for security purposes.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The QoS feature in the router facilitates you to prioritize the internet usage for the application that you mostly use or the video games that you often stream.
- Netgear R7000 allows two USB ports – 2.0 and 3.0- to share a storage device and a printer using these ports from anywhere you want.
- The wireless router package comes with an installation guide and a quick outline to plug in and play it.
- The configuration completes at the time when you launch a Web Browser. Finally, the notifications will pop up, and the device is ready to use.
The Nighthawk R8000 (X6) comes in one of the best tri-band wireless routers providing a maximum speed strength of up to 3,200 Mbps/3.2 GHz. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R8000 Review
The Netgear Nighthawk R8000 comes with abundant features to easily connect your smart devices wirelessly at your home. R8000 accelerates with a speed of up to 3.2 GHz, which is possible as the brand installed a distinct feature of three bandwidths – two 5 GHz & one 2.4 GHz.
One of the great news about this wireless router is that it arrives with six amplified antennas to use it efficiently. Not only this, but the router has the smart connect technology and the dynamic QoS system in it.
The QoS system allows you to focus on the most used devices so you can get better speed on them. Once you remove the box from its setting, you will find out that there is a pre-installed default setting feature. So, you don’t have to configure the devices repeatedly, which the customers find very comfortable.
The only drawback that we have observed so far is that it does not support the MU-MIMO Feature, but going through all other features can be neglected!
- The R8000 comes with a considerable Flash and RAM so you can enjoy a maximum limit of storage. It comes with a 128 MB flash and 256 MB of RAM.
Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Netgear R8000 facilitates its users with a pro-tri-band feature. The three bandwidths of two 5 GHz and one 2.4 GHz allows the maximal speed of 3200 Mbps.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The animated QoS feature helps the users to prioritize the devices they mostly use. This action will provide the maximum speed to the set devices.
- The dual-core wireless router has a 1,000 MHz of processor speed with three offload processors. This makes the router perform efficiently.
- The Feature of ReadyShare USB provides convenience in accessing stored data. Frequently, the users stretch this access via USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.
- These ports give you a variety to connect the hard drive or other devices with the wireless router.
- The distinct beamforming+ Feature lets the users enjoy this wireless connection at a maximum distance. Because it improves the wireless range for different devices.
- The device made it comfortable for customers to install or download third-party firmware.
Smart Connect App
- You can get a hold of this superb device by easily connecting it with the Smart-Connect.
Netgear Alternative Compatible Models
- Maximum Range : 1500 Sq Ft
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps). WiFi Band-Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz)+ 4x4 (5GHz)
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Coverage up to 3,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices
Differences between Netgear R7000 vs R8000
After a complete review of both the products, we know that they are of the same brand, so most of the features are the same and compatible.
But there seem a few differences that we will discuss here to make it easier for the customers to pick one!
- An encryption system is necessary not only for your phones, laptops, and accounts but also for your Internet. It is essential to keep a strong password with secure encryption to ensure full safety from hackers.
- Netgear R7000 comes with powerful encryption with WPA/WPA2 to secure your Internet data with it, but unfortunately, this feature is not present in Netgear R8000.
Wireless Router Speeds
- The Netgear R8000 covers a maximum of 3500 square feet with a triple bandwidth – 1×2.4 GHz and 2×5 GHz. This feature comforts the users to connect multiple devices with a vast range of 3.2 GHz speed.
- Whereas Netgear R7000 is a dual bandwidth Wi-Fi router – 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz offering a speed of up to 1900 Mbps. So, if you want to get more gear then opt for Netgear R8000 – X6.
- There is a visible price difference between Netgear R7000 vs R8000. Netgear has always assured us that all of its devices are an excellent choice to purchase.
- If you have a low budget and want a good wireless router, go for Netgear R7000, but if you can afford a handsome amount and wants a tri-band Wi-Fi router, then purchase it Netgear R8000 without a second thought.
Processing Powers (CPU)
- Both the routers have a dual-core processor with 1 GHz of speed, which works perfectly fine. The difference lies in the point that Netgear Nighthawk R8000 equips with an additional three offload CPUs.
- Netgear R7000 has a total of three amplified antennas for a stable connection. The other Netgear device, R8000, has a supreme feature of six antennas, which allows a wide range of associations with multiple devices.
Netgear R7000 vs R8000 – Final Verdict
After a complete and detailed review of both the products, you would have a clear cut image and distinct differences between Netgear R7000 vs R8000. As we know, the products are from the same brand; both are beneficial and attains their properties in their way.
If you have a low budget, then choose Netgear R7000 with extraordinary features, but if you want to get a high-end wireless router, then I would suggest you buy Netgear R8000. Now, the choice is yours!