You will be faced with a lot of options when choosing the right robotic vacuum. However, if the goal is to find the least expensive model having all the required features, then Shark Ion 720 vs 750 reviews is for you.
Although vacuum cleaners have been around for a long, the robotic versions are relatively new. In fact, a lot of people are under the impression that they are costly and difficult to use.
In this article, we will talk about Shark Ion 720 vs 750. Both of these products are equipped with admirable features that make their use cost-efficient, easy, and quick.
First, let’s have a look at their differences.
Shark Ion 720 vs 750 – Comparative Analysis
The major difference between Shark Ion 720 vs 750 is that the older version relies on the remote control. A thing from the stone age? We thought so too!
[amazon box=”B075JL9CXR,B075JRB2Z9″ template=”horizontal”]
That is why the manufacturers raised the bar with Shark Ion 750 by making it compatible with a Robot mobile app. The application lets you easily manage the duration and time for a cleaning session.
- Currently, the vacuum works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
The last difference is what most readers are interested in finding out: the price tag! Surprisingly, Shark Ion 720 is more expensive in comparison with Shark Ion 750.
However, they both have features that make them ideal for use. We will give you a detailed review below to help you make a more informed choice next time.
Brand Name: SharkNinja | Model Number: RV720 | Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion batteries | Weight: 5.51 lbs | Dimensions: 12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 inches | Components: 9 ft strip, Docking station, Cleaning tool, HEPA filter, Brushes, 2BotBoundary, Remote control
The advanced self-cleaning technology allows this device to handle strings, hairs etc. automatically without any need for manual cleaning. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Shark Ion 720
- Shark Ion 720 is a high-end robotic vacuum cleaner.
With its shiny silver surface and easy control features via remote, the device has been the user’s favourite for a long time.
The vacuum hosts multiple bushes for cleaning. The larger brush has a helix shape with strong bristles to get rid of stubborn spots, and debris.
- The side brushes act as a helper to reach far-off areas.
Furthermore, the remote provides a convenient way to manage the cleaning session. It features almost all the buttons you would need for easy navigation and control.
The proximity sensors and anti-drop sensors further enhance the effective cleaning by Shark ion 720. These ensure that the robot does not run into obstacles or fall of stairs while in operation.
Moreover, the HEPA filters can catch and keep 99% of the dust. The filters retain the trash well and ensure they do not escape back to the room when cleaning other portions.
The dustbin has a total capacity of 0.45 quarts. Once it is full, you can easily remove it from the side and clean it. Furthermore, the brushes are programmed with self-cleaning technology.
The lithium-ion batteries can easily last up to 60 minutes with a single full charge. When the battery is low, the vacuum will auto-dock for recharging.
Unfortunately, Shark Ion 720 is an expensive choice in the world of robot vacuums. However, if budget is not an issue, then you must try your hands on it as it hosts features that are difficult to find anywhere else.
Equipped With Proximity Sensors
- The sensors help the vacuum decide which direction to go in.
- These ensure the robot does not run into furniture or walls and also avoid bumps during cleaning.
- It also features anti-drop sensors due to which the vacuum cleaner avoids falling over when approaching stairs or other steep ends.
3-Stage Cleaning System
- There is a large, main brush with helix, strong bristles that can easily swipe dust and rigid debris from the floor.
- Additionally, there are also two side brushes. These are smaller in size but longer in shape.
- The side brushes are dedicated to increasing the range of the vacuum and helping it clean difficult-to-reach areas.
Advanced HEPA Filters
- The Shark Ion 720 uses the highly-efficient HEPA filters to ensure that no dust escapes back to the room or causes breathing problems.
- HEPA filters are known to contain 99% of the dust, pollen, or other particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Multiple Docking Options
- There is a button on the remote control that will direct the vacuum back to the dock.
- Additionally, it will also move back automatically when the battery is about to expire.
- Shark Ion 720 will save you from the ordeal of cleaning brushes.
- The self-clean technology efficiently untangles fibres, hair, and removes dust from the brushes.
- There is a single-press button for bin detachment.
- Therefore, the bin can be cleaned quickly and easily without creating a mess from the collected trash.
- The vacuum works on 14.8 V, 2600 mAh Lithium-ion battery.
- The battery is sufficient to give the device a solid hour of cleaning.
- When the battery is low, the vacuum will automatically steer itself to the charging dock.
Brand Name: SharkNinja | Model Number: RV750 | Batteries: 1 X batteries | Weight: 5.51 lbs | Dimensions: 12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 inches | Components: 1 battery, 1 HEPA filter, 2 Brushes, 1 charging dock
With a built-in WiFi connectivity, now you can control your robot vacuum completely via mobile app, Alexa or even Google Assistant. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Shark Ion 750
Shark Ion 750 is quite similar to the competitor we discussed above but there are few extra surprises you would love to hear about.
The cleaner holds WiFi compatibility therefore it can work with a mobile app as well as voice controls such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Easy navigation is a major advantage that 750 has over 720. It can be controlled via the app, directed for spot cleaning, or asked to stop function immediately.
- If that is not convenient enough, you can integrate it with voice control for verbal commands.
Furthermore, users have admired its user over multiple floor types. This includes carpets, hardwood, vinyl, and many others discussed below.
Just like the previous model, Shark Ion 750 is equipped with a number of sensors that help it avoid obstacles and make sure the dear cleaner does not fall off stairs.
Additionally, the brushes have an auto-detangling function to remove hair and fibers.
The cleaner itself has an auto-docking ability that senses when the battery is low and the vacuum should go back to its hood.
Control Via Mobile App
- You can control the vacuum with an iOS/Android compatible mobile app.
- The application lets you set a start and stop time for cleaning.
- Additionally, through the Robot tab, you can manage how to move the device, pause it, resume its function, or bring it back to the dock.
- You can also direct it for spot cleaning that will make the robot vacuum move in spirals over a specific area until it is clean.
- Shark Ion 750 is compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Voice Control makes it even easier to manage the vacuum’s use.
- You can simply order it for spot cleaning or dictate schedule adjustments when the mobile is out of reach.
Designed For Basic Home Use
- It is a home after all so we are expecting a lot of stairs, tables, walls, and other obstacles.
- Shark Ion 750 has been designed keeping in view all these issues.
- The sensors allow it to avoid damage by reading where furniture and other items lie.
- The device can then easily circle around the obstacle and continue cleaning.
- Just like Shark Ion 720, the 750 model also features detangling technology.
- This helps the main brush to automatically remove fibers and hair that are caught up during cleaning.
Works Well With Hard Floors
- Shark Ion 750 has been certified as a suitable cleaner for all floor types.
- Therefore, you don’t need to limit its use to carpet only.
- The vacuum cleaner will work equally well on hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl.
Shark Ion 720 vs 750 – Common Features
As it would be clear by now, the two products discussed above have more similarities than differences.
For example, both of them host a wide range of sensors that allow them to go around furniture, avoid walls, and save them from falling over edges.
Surprisingly, both of them have a similar design as well. They are the same in size as mentioned in the specs and carry equal weight.
Both, Shark Ion 720 and 750 are equipped with 3 cleaning brushes that have detangling technology. Moreover, their brushes have a helix structure with strong bristles that can fight well with dust and debris that has settled for a long time.
Then we come down to the bin itself. Both vacuum cleaners carry a bin of the same size. It can be detached from one side once it’s full. They function of lithium-ion batteries and are programmed for auto-docking when the battery levels are low.
Lastly, they use BotBoundary Strip to contain the area where the vacuum should be working. This works best when the room is full of fragile items that you fear breaking. Restricting the vacuum movement with the given strips would solve the issue.
Shark Ion 720 vs 750 – Find a Verdict
We have not left much to the imagination while drawing a final verdict over Shark Ion 720 vs 750.
You could see for yourself how similar the two products are. In fact, if you remove the WiFi compatibility of Shark Ion 750, there will not be any difference left at all.
- Therefore, we suggest that the final decision should come down to the budget you have in mind.
Since Shark Ion 720 is more expensive and does not host features like voice control and mobile app integration, perhaps it is smarter to go with the 750 models instead.