Looking for a cable modem? Before you make a decision go through this article, presenting a comparison of Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000.
With so many options to decide from, it is sometimes quite difficult to arrive at a decision, as to which cable modem to invest in. Normally, deciding a model within the same brand is quite easy.
- The reason being a manufacturer will never commercialize two products with the same features.
However, a competitor will definitely produce something that may give a tough competition in the market due to similar kind of features.
Just to make things clear, a modem is different than a router in the sense that it doesn’t route. There is no built-in router that can control the routing of the internet signals for managing multiple devices.
Additionally, do consult your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for the compatible cable modem with the service.
Sometimes there are very few models that your ISP will support. Whereas some cable modems are supported by multiple ISPs.
This article compares Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 cable modems. Both devices compare well to each other, but one will stand-out the other. So, let’s find out which is better and why.
Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 – Comparative Analysis
Going through the comparison of Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 will help you in arriving at a decision.
There are several factors to look for while deciding which cable modem to buy. This section presents a comparative analysis of some of the main features of both modems.
In today’s advanced world, transfer and connectivity speeds are of prime importance for anything that is plugged into the network.
- For cable modems, high transfer speeds and connectivity is ensured through protocols.
As far as the modems which we are considering in this article, both use DOCSIS 3.1 protocol.
Furthermore, you should look for a cable modem that is compatible with your ISP. Motorola MB8600 is certified to be compatible with Comcast Xfinity and COX only.
- However, it is claimed that it works with many other ISPs as well.
As for Netgear CM1000, it is sure to work with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum, whereas it is also claimed that it works with all major Cable Providers.
Talking about the price comparison of Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000, the later is quite cheaper.
One major reason for its being less expensive is the maximum download speed it offers is only 300 Mbps. However, Motorola MB8600 offers, up to 6000 Mbps of download speeds on internet connections.
As we all know how busy today’s life has become, so while buying a modem you’ll prefer the which is user-friendly and easy-to-setup.
However, both of these modems have fairly simple setting-up procedures and takes you about 6 to 7 minutes to get it running.
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
Another major feature that may interest most of you is the number of GigE ports available. Both cable modems feature only one GigE Ethernet port.
Lastly, both cable modems are utilizing Broadcom chipsets that may protect your valuable data from outside attacks. However, Motorola MB8600 conforms to international security standards whereas Netgear CM1000 doesn’t.
Therefore, glancing at both cable modems, Motorola MB8600 clearly has better features but that comes at a higher price.
- Whereas Netgear CM1000 offers comparable features with some modesty at a lower price tag.
If this comparative analysis of Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 has worked for you then order your chosen router right away.
However, if you still have some queries to be answered, then go through the rest of the article for a detailed comparison of both modems.
The rest of the article doesn’t only provide a comparison of Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 but also highlights and explains the major positives and negatives of these modems as well.
Brand Name: Motorola | Model Number: MB8600 | ISP Speed: 1000+ Mbps | Internet Download Speed: Up to 6000 Mbps | GigE Ethernet Ports: 1 |
One of the best and fastest Cable models available, allowing internet speeds of up to 6000 Mbps. Check Price from Amazon
Motorola MB8600 Review
The DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem, Motorola MB8600 is one the fastest cable modem available in the market for general home and office use. In addition to the allowance of ultra-fast internet speed, this modem is compatible with several Cable Internet Providers.
Therefore, you can enjoy high-speed internet at your home or office, perfect for 4K streaming, gaming, and many other things.
In the first look, Motorola MB8600 looks appealing to the eyes, thanks to its nice design featuring a sleek combination of a black panel held by a dark silver exterior. Furthermore, the net-like exterior allows for superior airflow and ventilation as well.
Moving towards the inner layers of this cable modem, you can be at ease regarding the security of your data. Motorola MB8600 is controlled by a Broadcom chipset known for its data encryption standards.
The DOCSIS 3.1 firmware ensures that you always get ultra-fast speeds and no connectivity issues. 32×8 channel bonding further reduces the chances of data congestion by allowing 32 different channels for downloading, while 8 for uploading.
Motorola MB8600 is compatible with a range of Cable Internet Providers offering internet plans up to 1 Gbps. However, theoretically, you can get a maximum download speed of 6000 Mbps.
You may connect any Wi-Fi router through GigE Ethernet port and enjoy maximum internet speeds on all wireless devices. These high speeds will let you stream UHD videos on your connected devices as well.
Motorola MB8600 is approved for the Comcast Xfinity Gigabit package, COX Gigablast, and many other Cable Internet Providers.
Last but not the least, Motorola MB8600 has an easy-to-setup procedure. Anyone with a bit of background knowledge can easily get it running in under 6 minutes. Hence, Motorola MB8600 is a reasonable choice if you are willing to pay a bit higher price for ultra-fast cable internet speeds.
Advanced Modem Technology
- The Motorola MB8600 has one of the most advanced modem technologies implemented in it.
- It utilizes DOCSIS 3.1 firmware protocol which guarantees ultra-fast speeds for cable internet.
- Furthermore, 32×8 Channel Bonding allows up to 32 download channels and 8 upload channels, so that multiple devices can enjoy high internet speeds simultaneously.
Cable Internet Providers
- It is compatible with a range of Cable Internet Providers including Comcast Xfinity and COX.
- Internet plans up to 1 Gigabit are supported and will work fine with this cable modem.
- With support for up to 1 Gbps, 4k streaming and multiplayer gaming along with many other options are now possible without any hassle.
Cable Internet Speed
- You don’t have to worry about your modem limiting your internet speed.
- The Motorola MB8600 allows up to 6000 Mbps download speed, hence all connected devices can receive a high internet connection.
- The Broadcom chipset lying at the heart of this cable modem ensures proper encryption of your data over the internet.
- This will save you from any possible external attacks, hence making your valuable data safe and secure.
GigE Ethernet Port
- The Motorola MB8600 features only one GigE Ethernet port.
- You may connect any Wi-Fi router via this GigE Ethernet port so that all wireless devices may receive the internet.
Ease of Setup
- The Motorola MB8600 has a very straightforward easy-to-setup procedure.
- You only need to connect the power cable, internet cable, and Ethernet cable for connection with your PC.
- Afterwards, you just need to follow on-screen instructions on your PC to complete the setup.
- The whole procedure won’t take more than 6 minutes.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: CM1000-1AZNAS | Firmware Protocol: DOCSIS 3.1 | ISP Speed: 1 Gigabit | GigE Ethernet Ports: 1 |
Netgear CM1000 packages reasonable features at quite a lower price, making it ideal for home usage. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear CM1000 Modem Router Review
It features 1 Gbps cable internet speed compatibility, in addition to supporting multiple Cable Internet Providers. Supported Cable Internet Providers include but are not limited to Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum.
With up to 1 Gbps cable internet compatibility you can stream 4K videos, play multiplayer games online, and use the internet on multiple devices without any hurdle.
Netgear CM1000 is one of the first Netgear cable modems based on the DOCSIS 3.1 firmware protocol. Therefore, a considerable effort has been put into all aspects of this cable modem.
A stylish, all-black exterior with a net-like design ensures proper airflow and ventilation. Additionally, well-lit status LEDs appear at the strategically decided location.
The Broadcom chipset controlling the overall running of this cable modem ensures proper security of your valuable data over the internet. While advanced DOCSIS 3.1 protocol guarantees a firmware capable of handling high internet speeds.
As far as the maximum download speed limit is concerned, a reasonable 300 Mbps is supported by this cable modem. This speed is perfectly reasonable considering the lower price tag which this modem has.
The Netgear CM1000 features one GigE Ethernet port that may be used to connect a PC or printer with this modem. Alternatively, you may attach any Wi-Fi router via this ethernet port to allow internet access on multiple wireless devices in the modem’s vicinity.
Lastly, Netgear CM1000 features an easy setup. Anyone with a little bit beforehand knowledge can get this modem running in under 5 minutes.
Overall Netgear CM1000 is an affordable cable modem for home use. It features some of the latest specifications and all that at a much lower price than its competitors.
Advanced Modem Technology
- The Netgear CM1000 has one the most advanced firmware protocol, DOCSIS 3.1, implemented on it.
- This protocol makes sure that high-speed internet can be modulated and demodulated through this modem.
- The Broadcom chipset handling the overall operations inside this modem makes sure your data is properly encrypted before sending it on the internet.
- This guarantees the security of your important information.
Multiple ISP Compatibility
- The Netgear CM1000 is readily compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum Cable Internet Providers.
- Additionally, it supports many other internet providers as well.
- You may use this modem with up to 1 Gigabit plan from your ISP.
Internet Speed Limit
- Although 1 Gbps cable internet connection is supported by this modem, it will limit the maximum download speed on the GigE Ethernet port to 300 Mbps only.
Support For Wi-Fi Routers
- You may connect any Wi-Fi router with Netgear CM1000 via GigE Ethernet port.
- This will allow all wireless devices to use the internet through this cable modem.
- Netgear CM1000 features a very user-friendly setup routine.
- You can easily get it running in no more than 5 to 6 minutes.
Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1000 – Final Verdict
If you still can’t make your mind as to which cable modem you should invest it, then let me spell it out to you. If you are looking for a reasonable internet download speed limit, while staying within a comparatively low budget, then Netgear CM1000 should be your choice.
However, if you are planning to use the modem in an office environment or at a place where more than 10 devices are going to connect with this modem, then Motorola MB8600 will serve the purpose.
With a much higher maximum download speed limit, this modem can provide ultra-fast internet, via a Wi-Fi router, to multiple wireless devices.