Are you confused to pick the right wifi router? Well, we are here for helping you to choose the Best Router for Verizon Fios.
Verizon Fios is a bundled internet access, telephone and television package that works over a fibre-optic network and has more than 5 million subscribers in over 9 states of the United States.
If you are a Verizon Fios subscriber and you are not satisfied with your internet connection high chances are that the reason is not the internet connection but your router, yes that’s right when you subscribe to receive internet services from Verizon Fios, you are given two options.
One: you can rent a router from them which is compatible with Verizon Fios internet services.
Second: you can purchase a Verizon Fios compatible router from them directly. However most of the time this is not the best choice to make.
Keep reading as we list below why is it better to purchase your own Verizon Fios compatible router instead of renting one from the internet service providers.
- When you rent your router directly from the Verizon Fios Service provider, the models they provide are generally not the latest. And therefore they lack the features and power the latest model of Verizon Fios compatible router can provide.
- Purchasing your own router gives you the freedom to choose the device’s model and company as per your choice. This allows you to focus on purchasing the best available Wi-Fi router rather than adjusting with whatever device you are provided when you rent one.
- Purchasing your own router saves you a lot of money in the longer run. The rent you pay for the router over a year or two will be enough to purchase your own personal router of choice.
- If you own the router you will have all the freedom in the world of changing its settings as per your own choice and convenience and giving you more control over your home network.
- With your own router, you can access the advanced settings to control and manage your network better by controlling the bandwidth usage or the number of devices connected with the router.
- Every house has a different size and built like the thickness of its walls, therefore not every router can give 100 per cent coverage in all corners.
- This is why buying your own Verizon Fios compatible router gives you the freedom to choose the best-extended coverage providing a router for your home.
The most important reason is that not all routers are compatible with the Verizon Fios provided internet services.
The speed provided by the Verizon Fios fibre-optic connection is a remarkable 940 Mbps for download while it’s 880 Mbps for upload. The Verizon Fios internet connection can cater to multiple devices at a time. So in order to get the most out of your internet connection, it is recommended that you opt for Verizon Fios compatible Wi-Fi router.
Searching for your own personal Wi-Fi router can be a frustrating task especially when you are not familiar with the technicalities. But these specifications and technicalities can be very crucial in deciding the best possible option.
Below are the few things you need to consider before purchasing your own Verizon Fios compatible router
- The first thing to consider is your internet plan, if you only have a basic internet plan just for checking your mail or browsing the internet, then it is recommended not to spend hundreds of dollars on purchasing the latest model.
- But if you do have an internet connection of the highest speed and enjoy using the latest services then you can definitely go for the latest model.
- If you are seeking the best available services then it’s better to go for the latest wireless standards that are 802.11AC and N. The N standards can support up to 900 Mbps internet speed while the latest AC standards can support up to 1.3 GBPS and above speed.
- However, there are still some places across the world where the b, g and standards are still used.
- The next thing to consider is the number of Ethernet ports available. There are basically two kinds of Ethernet ports. The List Fast Ethernet supports speed up to 100 MBPS, while the Gigabit Ethernet supports gigabit speed easily which makes it the ideal choice if you crave high-speed internet.
- USB ports in your wireless router are very important as it allows you to connect external storage, printer, scanner etc. with the router. There are two kinds of USB ports currently available. The USB Port 2.0 is the older version and is normally available as a standard.
- The second is the USB Port 3.0 which is the latest version providing you with the best compatibility, so you can consider buying a Verizon Fios compatible router with a USB 3.0 port.
Best Router for Verizon Fios – Our Top Picks
Considering all the benefits we have listed above regarding your own latest Verizon Fios compatible routers, you might be searching for one yourself.
So in order to make the task much easier for you, we have listed down a few routers which we believe are the best available options in the market and are also Verizon Fios compatible.
Brand name: Netgear | Series: R9000 | Model: X10 AD7200 | Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core | Technology: 802.11ac + 802.11ad | Number of Ports: Seven (7) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports Two (2) USB 3.0 ports | Number of Devices: 20+ Devices | Key Features: Plex Media Server, Amazon Drive Cloud Backup, and High-Performance Active Antennas |
The Nighthawk X10 features the Industry’s first 10 Gigabit Fiber connection in a home router for 10 times faster wired connections to network storage. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear Nighthawk x10 Review
This mighty tri-band Wi-Fi router from Netgear is equipped to provide you with awfully fast speed internet along with all the latest features you can ask for in the best router for Verizon Fios.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 R9000 Wi-Fi Router is faster than the fastest available internet router considering its wireless 11ad feature which is 3 times faster than the 11ac, this allows you to experience ultra-smooth, lag-free 4K video streaming and VR gaming.
- The Netgear Nighthawk X10 comes with 802.11ad, works in the 60GHz range. The AD wireless devices can transmit at much faster speeds than before.
- The Netgear Nighthawk X10 is a tri-band Wi-Fi router with a lag-free ultra-fast streaming experience. It provides a whopping speed of 7.2 Gbps in total. The three bands have a total of 7.2 Gbps combined speed as follows: 4.6Gbps on 60GHz, 1.733Gbps on 5GHz and a further 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz.
- The Netgear Nighthawk X10 also comes with a Quad-Stream .11ac & MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) feature, this lets the X10 communicate with multiple Wi-Fi clients at precisely the same time. Which makes it much more efficient than traditional MIMO.
- The Netgear Nighthawk has also included the Plex software in this model. If you didn’t know, Plex Media Server allows customers to share their music, movies, photos etc. from one device to other devices around your house.
- The X10 has an SFP+ port that supports up to 10Gbps speeds, ideal for connecting your NAS box via fibre.
- The Nighthawk X10 comes with 4 external antennas. Instead of having the amplifiers placed on the router motherboard, at the base of the antennas, Netgear has added the amplifiers to the end of the antennas themselves.
- Supports 160MHz Channels
- Beamforming + feature is also added in this model.
Other features include ‘READY’ Suite of Netgear Software, Parental controls, Amazon Drive, VPN Support, Easy setup, and Guest network.