HP is not any name we are not familiar with. In the printing world they are known as the pioneers. Here is On Demand HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Review.
Picking the right printer can sometimes be a little bit difficult due to variety of them available in the market today. With a good quality internet Envy 5055 works great.
HP Envy 5055 printer can be a good choice for your home or office. Looking closely about its cost, design, important aspects and function can make the decision easier for you that you can be confident about.
- Replaces the HP ENVY 4520, HP ENVY 5055 comes with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
But choosing the right printer on the basis of your need and requirement can be made easier with detailed review. Before Starting the review here’s the pro tip.
You printer will work Extra Efficient with good internet. So, make sure you have best wireless router.
Brand Name: HP | Model Number: Envy 5055 | Printing Technology: Ink-Jet Color | Display: Touch Screen | Memory: 1GB | Flash Memory: 256MB | Monthly Duty Cycle: 1000 Pages (max) |
HP Envy 5055 is the most in-demand printer in the market today. With excellent printing quality and resolution, compact and sleek design and good duty cycle it works just as advertised by HP. Check Price from Amazon
For HP users they already know that what quality HP gives to its customers. Not bragging about the company, but according to a survey it has the largest range of printers. Envy 5055 is easy to use device for printing and scanning.
Its compact and slim design enables Envy 5055 to take much lesser desk space. It uses the horizontal tray for loading the paper sheets into the printer using rubber rollers, which doesn’t bend the paper. Unlike the top loaders which takes up a lot of space. It measures about 5” x 17.5” x 14.4” and weighs about 11.93 pounds. The input tray can hold up to 100 pages while output tray yields only 25 pages.
The front placed display touch screen is 2.2” in size and monochrome that makes easier to see, use and interact with the printer. It blends well with the monochrome design of the printer. The 256Mb built in memory helps to function smoothly in printing large jobs.
- Envy 5055 is made up of black chassis and matt black lid of scanner.
- Starting up HP Envy 5055 is easy like a breeze. Unlike the earlier models where it took decades to setup the printer, It takes less than 5 minutes to setup the printer using the HP Smart APP.
- Plug in the device, connect it with your Wi-Fi password, download the app on your phone, load ink and paper and start using it up. Package also includes a very simple guide and HP Envy 5055 driver pack for easy installation. This printer is also equipped with HP Printer software and HO photo Creations.
HP Smart APP
- This application on your mobile phone not only helps in setting up your printer but it also helps to keep measuring the ink of your printer, to print anything from your social media accounts etc.
- Envy 5055 provides with great printing quality of photos even better than the ones printed online. You can also print borderless photos up to 8.5” x 11” without worrying about the size of original shot size. The slow printing speed will not make any difference to the home based customer due to the high printing quality.
- Printing on the both sides of the page not only saves money and effort but also time. HP Envy 5055 does exactly that.
Printing Page per Minute
- For black and white print Envy 5055 takes 10ppm (ISO, laser comparable) while for colored printing it gives the speed of 7ppm which is better than most of the competitors. It recommends monthly page volume 100 to 400 pages. The first print out time for colored print is as quick as 19sec and first black page out is 16sec fast.
- Like most of the budget home printers, Envy 5055 gives up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for monochrome and up to 4800 x 1200 dpi for coloured printing. Printing digital send file formats are PDF, BMP, PNG, TIF and JPG.
Copier Page per Minute
- The speed of copier is 8ppm for monochrome and 4ppm for coloured copy. Envy 5055 also features the ID card copy feature which gives a better resolution than the rest.
- The maximum copying resolution for both monochrome and coloured is 600 x 300 dpi.
Copying Enlargement and reduction
- The maximum reduction can be up to 25% and maximum enlargement can be up to 400%.
- It can hold different weights on its tray. For letters it can carry 16 to 24 lb. for HP envelopes 20 to 24 lb. HP cards up to 53 lb. and HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper up to 80 lb.
- The scanner type is flatbed and the maximum size it support is 8.5” x 11.69”. This scanner supports the file formats RAW, JPG and PDF. The scan resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 dpi. And optical resolution is up to 1200 ppi. It has a grey scale depth of 8-bit.
- Although Envy 5055 prints on A4 size paper but it also allows its users to print on the variety of photo papers, envelopes, smaller legal papers. For simplex media size includes maximum size of 8.5×14 inches paper. The minimum size it offers is 3×5 inches. For duplex it is 3 x 5.5 inches to 8.5 x 12.2 inches.
- It also gives the monthly duty cycles of up to 1000 pages and it doesn’t have automatic paper sensor. The envelop input capacity is up to 10 envelopes.
- Customer can use plain Paper, HP Photo Papers or Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper or Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Matte Inkjet Papers, Glossy Inkjet Papers.
- To get the perfect graphics and valid texts printed Envy 5055 uses the HP thermal Inkjet technology. Printing higher quality business envelopes and scrapbooks this technology is a must have.
- Another key Factor that impacts your speed is if your printer is place far away from your router. Then you need to have best WiFi extender for the support.
- Envy 5055 gives such a relief to its customers with Wireless Direct and local Wi-Fi connectivity of dual band Wi-Fi 802.11n. Wireless Direct is equivalent to HP’s own Wi-Fi direct which a peer-to-peer networking protocol. This allows to connect your mobile devices to the printer without actually setting foot on the router.
- Many devices can use the printer at a time with a good Wi-Fi connection at their home. User can print their pictures or documents straight from their mobile phones. Envy 5055 supports Apple Air Print, Mopria Print Service and HP ePrint services.
- It supports printing from most of the smartphones and tablets using operating systems: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows RT. However this device doesn’t allow its users to connect via Ethernet or printing via USB.
- There is a second wireless antenna embedded inside Envy 5055 which is used for Bluetooth connectivity. It’s Bluetooth connectivity is similar to wireless earbuds and headphones.
- Different printers use different types of cartridges. HP Envy 5055 uses standard inkjet cartridges HP65. It has 1 for black and white and 1 for colored prints. Colored cartridges creates design using cyan, magenta and yellow hues. The reinstalled cartridges in HP Envy 5055 is good enough for approx. 100 prints before they end up completely. The compatible ink cartridges are dye-based for colored and pigment-based for black ink.
Power consumption and Sound
- The power consumption of Envy 5055 is very low. In the sleep mode it takes about 0.89 watts. In the standby mode it consumes only 3.75 watts and during operational mode it takes 14watts. Operational sound emission is only 51dBA which makes it very quieter.
- The monochrome high resolution LCD display is a touch system in front of the printer. All functions like printing, scanning, copying and settings are mentioned clearly with a touchpad. For some people Envy 5055’s smaller sized screen makes it a little difficult and less responsive but that’s what you get at such low price.
HP Envy 5055 all-in-one wireless printer is a great choice for home based office users with scan and copy options. It gives the best performance and advanced features which are ideal at such a pocket friendly budget. It boasts an excellent connectivity with the wireless and Bluetooth options.
The support for third party apps is an add-on feature for the users of Apple Air Print, Mopria and HP’s ePrint. Unless you are in need of an ADF option, this printer is a better option.