Logitech has launched an amazing lineup of gaming mice but it is not the only leading brand. This brings us to our Logitech vs Corsair review.
Logitech was quick to launch a range of amazing computer accessories including keyboards, monitors, mice, and even webcams.
- Perhaps the biggest selling point for Logitech was the extent of flexibility and customization that’s its products offered.
However, the company did face a bit of backlash over build quality.
Corsair, on the other hand, has become a strong competitor over time.
In fact, Logitech vs Corsair is two of very few brands who have designed special mice for MMO gaming.
- High performance hero 16k sensor: Logitech most accurate sensor yet with upto 16,000 dpi for the ultimate in gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness across entire dpi range
- Corsair exclusive software automatically detects the center of gravity in real time, allowing you to adjust weight between 119g and 141g and fine tune balance to perfectly fit your grip
After this, there was no going back. Corsair continued to bless the tech-market with a series of praise-worthy gadgets.
Keeping in view their credible performance, this article will review two gaming mice from each brand, Logitech G502 HERO SE and Corsair M65 RGB Elite.
Logitech vs Corsair – Comparative Analysis
Both the products hit the market as commendable gaming mice, but Logitech G502 HERO SE won a great deal of appreciation for a number of reasons.
Corsair M65 RGB Elite has a light-weight design (97 g) as compared to the total weight of 118 g in the case of Logitech competitor.
Keeping this in view, we were surprised to find out that Logitech G502 HERO SE was more “Gamer’s favorite” than its Corsair competitor.
Perhaps the major reason behind it was that Logitech mouse accommodated small and bigger hands. However, Corsair Elite has a design for small hands only.
Furthermore, Logitech G502 HERO SE came with a longer 6.7 feet cable as compared to a shorter 6.0 feet cable in the case of Corsair M65 RGB Elite.
The delay time between the click and the resulting action is about 10 ms with Logitech G502 HERO SE and 13 ms for Corsair Elite.
- Nonetheless, Corsair still did better with DPI settings providing 100-18,000 DPI.
With Logitech, you can set between 100-16,000 DPI although it provides 50 adjustment steps whereas Corsair allows for 1.
Another plus point for choosing Logitech G502 is that you can play around with 11 programmable buttons.
- Corsair M65 RGB Elite has 8 such inputs only.
This was a just quick overview of what Logitech vs Corsair has in stock for you. Stay tuned as we take you through detailed pros, cons, and features of the products in the sections below.
Via LightSync Technology, you can sync the pattern and colors on one mouse with the rest of the gaming gear. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech G502 HERO SE
- Logitech G502 HERO SE comes with Hero 16X latest optical sensor which gives it its name.
On the surface, there have not been many improvements as compared to the previous Logitech model. It retains the beloved design with a comfortable thumb rest.
Although the mouse has a weight greater than most gaming mice in the market, it still gets some extra points as it accommodates smaller, medium, and larger hands.
- Logitech G502 hosts 11 programmable buttons.
The customization is a great catch as it means you can have as many actions performed with just one click.
Moreover, considering the scroll wheel design, you can shift between a smooth scroll to a more rigid wheel. The use depends on whether you are shifting through webpages or playing a high-stake action game.
- Besides scroll adjustments, you can also tune the balance of the mouse using the five 3.6 g weight system.
The mouse has a click latency of 10 ms, in addition to that the DPI settings can be adjusted from 100 – 16,000 DPI with 50 resolution steps.
Then we come down to RGB lighting which lets you choose from millions of colors and offers many interesting patterns to go with your mood.
Overall, Logitech has done pretty well with this upgrade. Although the price is at a higher-end, there is only a thin chance that you would be disappointed after its use.
High-Performance Optical Sensor
- Logitech G502 HERO SE owns one of the most advanced 16X optical sensors.
- This high-performance sensor allows up to 16,000 DPI.
- The DPI range is adjustable from 100 to 16,000 so you can set the speed, accuracy, and latency of the mouse as per your liking.
Advanced Button Tensioning
- Logitech HERO has switched with metallic springs underneath.
- The mechanical tensioning allows for a crisp click which is both, responsive and precise.
- The RGB lighting is open to programming and customization.
- You can choose from as many as almost 17 million colors to match your mood.
- Additionally, the Logitech G502 HERO has LightSync Technology.
- Moreover, via this feature, you can sync the pattern and colors on one mouse with the rest of the gaming gear.
- Interesting use of this feature is when you are playing in teams against one another.
- Therefore, each team can select specific color and pattern for its players different from the opponent team.
11 Programmable Buttons
- Logitech has always been a winner when it comes to the number of programmable buttons its mouse has.
- Logitech G502 HERO SE has a total of 11 programmable buttons.
- Therefore, you can assign different tasks to these switches as per your gaming needs.
- Furthermore, you can save the profile in the mouse software.
- It can be accessed later so you don’t have to waste time resetting the device.
- Logitech HERO comes with 5 removable weights each of 3.6 g.
- Therefore, you can add or remove these to fix the inertia and tune the balance of the device according to your hand movements.
Hyper-Fast Scroll Wheel
- The scroll wheel can be used in two different ways.
- You can lock the wheel for a more rigid play when you wish to be in control of even the small movements.
- You can also unlock it for a smooth, free experience when going through long documents or webpages.
The mouse features a Precision Sniper Button that can be used to immediately lower the sensitivity levels for crucial shots. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Corsair M65 RGB Elite
The Corsair M65 RGB Elite manufacturers made sure that every feature and angle is there for a reason.
The design itself is too impressive to pass as a typical two-click office mouse.
Moreover, the mouse has a solid aluminum frame with a comfortable palm/claw grip suitable for those with small to medium hands.
Luckily, the mouse has a very light-weight body even when you have not adjusted any of the removable weights.
- Therefore, if you want to tune the weight of the gaming mouse, there are 3 adjustable weights you can set as per your liking.
Furthermore, there are 8 programmable buttons in addition to the Precision Sniper Button on the left side of the mouse. Corsair Elite has Omron switched capable of more than 50 million clicks.
- Does the mouse perform as good as it looks?
Absolutely yes! The advanced optical sensor can provide a DPI of 18,000 adjustable in 1 DPI-steps.
The click latency is just 13 ms so you can expect responsive clicks that are crucial when playing high-stake action games.
- Moreover, 6 ft. cable allows for flexible, remote use.
Another handy feature is the Corsair Utility Engine. You can use this software to create a separate profile for individual gamers.
Although the mouse was designed primarily for FPS gaming, it performs equally well with other genres.
However, the only downside is that there are no additional features to support games for other genres as those present for FPS gaming.
In a nutshell, Corsair M65 RGB Elite is a great catch if you are willing to ignore the minor annoyances. Given that it is quite affordable, Corsair is a great choice for all pro-gamers out there.
- The mouse has an anodized aluminum frame whose durability is guaranteed for a lifetime.
- Furthermore, the durable switches have been designed by Omron.
- These are capable of more than 50 million clicks.
Multiple Programmable Buttons
- In total, Corsair M65 RGB Elite offers 8 programmable buttons.
- Therefore, you can assign different tasks to these and have a range of actions performed with just one click.
- The gaming mouse also features a Precision Sniper Button.
- This switch can be used to immediately lower down the sensitivity levels for crucial shots.
Advanced Weight Adjustment Feature
- You can adjust the weight of Corsair Elite in order to fix the centre of gravity at the point of your liking.
- In fact, the weight of the devices can be lowered to as little as 97 g.
- This impeccable gaming mouse hosts the most advanced optical gaming sensor.
- Additionally, you can adjust the DPI between 100 to 18,000 with 1 resolution steps.
- All in all, the mouse will allow for the utmost customization and accurate tracking.
Corsair Utility Engine
- The software lets you fix profiles for individual players.
- Therefore, every gamer can reprogram the button as per their liking, set different DPI, RGB lighting, etc.
- Once the profile is saved, you can access it any time later without wasting time resetting the mouse according to your needs.
- The dashboard of Corsair Utility Engine can also be used to change fan speed, adjust CPU temperature, etc.
Usable With Different Genres
- Corsair M65 RGB Elite was primarily designed for FPS gaming.
- Therefore, its hosts were installed keeping in view the needs of this specific genre.
- However, the mouse performs exceptionally well with other genres as well.
- It has been tested with World of Warcraft and Remastered for its accurate and precise performance.
Logitech vs Corsair – Find a Verdict
The main showdown between Logitech vs Corsair has a lot to do with the kind of gaming experience you are looking for.
- As must be apparent by the end of this comparison, both the devices have their share of features not matched by the other.
Logitech G502 HERO SE definitely hosts a better optical sensor. Furthermore, it has a larger number of programmable buttons that count for a lot when you are a gamer looking for maximum customization.
- On top of that, HERO also offers hyper-scroll which has been a fan-favourite feature among all its users.
However, Corsair Elite’s software is a table-turner especially considering how unsatisfied customers have been with the outdated Logitech G Hub.
Also, when it comes to “gaming looks”, Corsair is a solid 12 on a scale of 1-10! The RGB lighting coupled with a unique mouse design and comfortable grip is sure to win a large fan-base.
That’s it, folks!
Whichever product you decide to go for, don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below. We will be waiting for your amazing experiences!