Tired of managing wires and cords? We will talk about 2 wireless keyboards, Logitech K380 vs K480, that can make your life a lot easier.
- Don’t wireless options sound more attractive?
They allow for organized use of space, a compact layout, and a design that is more portable than wired options.
Wireless mouse and keyboards were the first gadgets to take the market by storm. They were relevant and more comfortable to carry.
Therefore, considering its importance, Logitech launched many wireless devices. These included wireless keyboards, Logitech K380 vs K480, that we will be talking about here.
These two keyboards are compatible with a range of devices but that is not the feature they share. There’s a lot more to talk about so let’s have look!
Logitech K380 vs K480 – Comparative Analysis
- The first obvious difference to catch the eye is the size of the two products.
Although both are lightweight, Logitech K380 is more compact with a size of 10.9 x 4.9 x 0.6 inches and 14.4 ounces of weight.
The size of the keyboard matters a lot when you don’t have enough working space on the desk. Therefore, the larger and heavier K480 takes a fall in this area.
When it comes to the design, K380 looks more minimalistic as compared to the unique appeal of K480.
- Multi-device Bluetooth keyboard: Universal keyboard for typing on all your computing devices: Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation (Any Bluetooth-enabled computers or mobile devices that support external keyboards with HID profile. Check with device manufacturer for details.)
- Type on Any Device: A new type of wireless computer keyboard for your desk that also works with your tablet and smartphone; connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device with external keyboard support
- However, the former is available in Rose and Off-white besides the typical black and white color.
We have mentioned that K480 is larger in size. That is because of the additional keys it provides.
Furthermore, only Logitech K480 is equipped with a cradle. You can use it to comfortable place your mobile device if you regularly use it during work.
- K480 is compatible with USB and Bluetooth use whereas K390 only works with Bluetooth.
The newer model presents shortcut keys to switch for PC and MAC, has an easy switch dial, and multimedia keys.
Do you think Logitech K480 is taking the lead? Don’t draw the verdict just now. Let us investigate the pros, cons, and features of Logitech K380 vs K480 before we make a decision.
The Logitech K380 keyboard is easy to carry around and compatible with almost all the available opetating systems. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech K380
Logitech K380 has a fairly small size.
This makes it easier to bag the device and carry it around while travelling.
- The plastic build seems decent as well.
The keyboard is solid with stable and durable 79 keys. However, cheap printing on top can fade away after years of use.
When you unbox the package, you will get the keyboard itself, a handy guide, and 2 x AAA batteries with more than 2 years of battery life.
Unlike Logitech G480 that allows for USB connection as well, K380 can only connect via Bluetooth.
The keyboard can connect up to 3 devices and additionally, switch between them using F1, F2, and F3 keys.
A lot can be said about the typing experience. It is responsive although the keys require a little bit force to press.
- To top this all up, Logitech has flexible compatibility across many devices.
Its software allows for easy customization. In fact, the keyboard can recognize the device itself and map keys accordingly.
- Logitech K380 has a light-weight of just 14.4 ounces.
- The keyboard also has a more compact shape which makes it easier to carry out around or place on the working desk.
- This wireless keyboard has a durable design with solid keys that might require a little extra effort to press.
- Nonetheless, the rounded shape of each key matches the fingertips so you don’t feel your hands hurting after a long typing session.
- Furthermore, keystrokes do not make any noise.
- This is great when you want quiet time at night.
Flow Cross-Computer Typing
- You can also connect Logitech K380 with the compatible flow mouse.
- Therefore, it would let you move files between different connected computers in a matter of seconds.
Adaptive to Different Operating Systems
- Logitech K380 works with a range of operating systems including Windows 7, 8, 10, or later.
- It also has options for Mac OS.
- Furthermore, the keyboard can automatically recognize the connected device.
- Afterwards, it would move to a seamless mapping of keys according to the connected OS.
Easy Switch Between Devices
- You can connect up to 3 devices with Logitech K380.
- Once the devices are connected, you don’t need to switch manually between them.
- The keyboard will automatically shift with just the touch of a single button.
2-Year Battery Life
- Logitech K380 requires 2 AAA batteries to function.
- This would be included in the package you buy.
- Furthermore, the battery has a life of 2+ years considering you make 2 million keystrokes in a year (that’s a lot!).
Shifting between connected devices is now a breeze with a simple touch of the dial present on the keyboard. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech K480
In terms of design, K480 is definitely better than Logitech K380.
It has circular keys with a solid black color and a groove stand.
- The stand can be used to place a mobile if you use it regularly during your work.
Although the keyboard does not have a shape as compact as Logitech K380, the addition of the cradle allows users to save some space on the desk by accomodating tablets or mobile devices.
- The larger size of the keyboard is because of the additional keys that it contains (82 buttons).
There is a Home button, multi-tasking button, Search key, multimedia controls, and additionally, buttons for volume controls, pause, play and mute options.
On the top row, there is an Easy-Switch button. These would let you shuffle between connected devices with just a single keystroke.
Keeping up with the family tradition, Logitech K480 is also compatible with a range of OS except for Windows Phones. Furthermore, it allows connection via USB in addition to Bluetooth connectivity.
The price difference between the two devices is negligible so we don’t see why you shouldn’t go with the one that’s faster, more advanced, and equipped with the latest technology.
Larger Number of Keys
- What’s a keyboard that can’t provide all the buttons you need? Logitech K480 has you covered well with a total of 82 keys.
- Therefore, there’s practically a key for every important task.
- You can find the Home button, back, pause, play, volume control, mute/unmute, switch devices, and key for search as well.
Easy-Switch Dial Technology
- You can use up to 3 devices simultaneously with Logitech K480 and stay connected in a range of 10 meters.
- Furthermore, shuffling between different devices would be a breeze.
- Therefore, you just need to press the Easy-Switch button on top of the keyword and you are good to go.
Integrated Plastic Cradle
- The keyboard comes with a plastic groove that can hold your tablet or phone for easier use.
- It is also designed to do so at the right angle you don’t get tired with constant reading and typing.
Works With USB Connection
- Both keyboards, Logitech K380 vs K480, support connectivity to devices via Bluetooth 3.0.
- However, Logitech K480 also makes room for a USB connection if a need arises.
ALL THIS Yet An Affordable Price
- The biggest flex for Logitech K480 is that it is budget-friendly.
- Though K380 is also an affordable option, the previous model does not offer a long list of features that K480 has.
- Therefore, a negligible price difference allows us to go for the option with advanced technology.
Logitech K380 vs K480 – Find a Verdict
- In our opinion, K380 has the only advantage of portability over its rival.
Besides this, Logitech K480 outperforms in almost all other features. It has a light-weight design as well but the less compact shape can be an issue if you are planning on bagging it for a long trip.
We hope that our readers have understood the basic differences between Logitech K380 vs K480. Please drop a comment in the section below if there are still any queries.