For pro gamers, a good gaming mouse holds a special place. Therefore, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs HERO presents the two best options available.
Only a gamer can appreciate the importance of a good gaming mouse. Furthermore, the requirements of gamers are quite different than normal people.
Anything lacking in quality from this list can ruin your gaming experience and leave you frustrated for the rest of the day.
Therefore, gaming peripherals from Logitech are reliable enough to be used by famous gamers like N0tail and JerAx from the DotA 2 community.
Though every peripheral has its place, a gaming mouse has a special rank, because most of the tasks are accomplished through it.
Furthermore, no matter how responsive a wireless mouse is it can never compare with the responsiveness of a wired mouse.
Therefore, this article, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs HERO presents a detailed comparison and review of best performing wired gaming mice from Logitech.
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs Hero – Quick Comparison
Before jumping on the nitty-gritty of Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs HERO, let us compare these two mice based on what they have to offer.
Firstly, both Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs HERO belongs to the G502 series of wired gaming mice from Logitech.
As far as the outlook is concerned, you won’t find much difference as both feature similar grip, placement of buttons and RGB LED. Furthermore, both are equally weighted.
Moreover, both Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs HERO features 11 fully programmable buttons. Gamers can assign in-game actions to these buttons.
Both mice offer you to customize the weight and balance through 5 3.6g removable weights. So, Logitech answered your weight and balance problem most efficiently.
Although both mice allow you to customize the RGB LED lighting pattern, HERO goes one step further in that. Through LightSync all gaming devices can sync the LED patterns.
- LightSync is not featured in Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.
However, LightSync is not much of a difference if you consider the differences listed next.
The accuracy of tracking and movement of a mouse is directly related to the Dots Per Inch (DPI).
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum via an older optical sensor (PMW3366) achieves 12000 DPI. However, HERO utilizes the latest optical sensor from Logitech, that is, the HERO 16X sensor and provides a marvellous 16000 DPI accuracy.
- Old version of G502 with optical gaming sensor (PMW3366)
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400-plus ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
Furthermore, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum has a feature of Hyper-Fast Scrolling for scrolling long pages, in addition to a simple 1-click scroll length option.
On the other hand, Logitech G502 HERO has the latest Mechanical Switch Button Tensioning system for both right and left clicks. This gives you a crisp and super-fast click response.
- Lastly, Proteus Spectrum, due to its older technology has a lower price tag on it as compared to HERO.
I guess this comparative analysis is enough for you to make up your mind. However, for enthusiasts following sections explains various features in more detail.
Logitech 502 Proteus Spectrum lets you customize the glowing RGB LED to match your mood, team or style. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
An all-rounder gaming mouse from Logitech.
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum is a stylish, modern-looking gaming mouse. Utilizing a famous optical sensor (PMW3366), this mouse delivers accurate tracking and positioning.
Furthermore, a reasonably good 12000 DPI rating is achieved to deliver accurate movement responses. Additionally, the fact that it is a wired mouse, the response time automatically well-suited for gaming purposes.
In addition to this button, there are 11 other programmable buttons which can be assigned in-game tasks for the better gaming experience. Moreover, even the scroll wheel has two settings.
The heavy metallic wheel can be unlocked for hyper-fast continuous rotations for scrolling long pages. On the contrary, it can be locked for 1-click scrolling as well.
Moreover, a gamer wishes for a mouse having perfect weight and balance to suit his/her needs. Therefore, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum features 5 removable weights each weighing 3.6g.
Lastly, a customizable RGB LED lighting pattern option and a long 6 feet cable ranks this mouse in the list of desirable gaming mice.
Dots Per Inch
- Featuring a PMW3366 optical sensor, Proteus Spectrum can achieve DPI in the range of 200 to 12000.
- Furthermore, no acceleration or smoothing is performed on the received movement data ensuring exceptional tracking accuracy.
Tunable LED Light
- You can customize the color, as well as the pattern, of RGB LED.
- Therefore, LED glowing through the LED slots and Logitech Logo will light up as you wish.
- Therefore, your whole team can showcase a similar lighting pattern to make a mark while participating in a gaming competition.
Dual Scroll Modes
- The heavy metallic scroll wheel serves two purposes.
- It can be locked to get working as a normal scroll wheel, in addition to unlocked mode.
- In unlocked mode, hyper-fast scrolling can be achieved through continuous rotations.
Adjustable Weight and Balance
- To better suit the inertia and balance requirements, this mouse features 5 removable weights.
- Therefore, each strip weighing 3.6g may be attached or removed at particular locations.
- Hence, you can adjust the weight and balance of the mouse.
- The number of programmable buttons on the mouse are always desired by the gamers.
- Therefore, you’ll get 11 of these on Proteus Spectrum.
- A 6 feet cable allows you to access the PC from a reasonable distance.
- Furthermore, you no longer have to stick near the CPU.
Thanks to the latest optical sensor, HERO 16X Sensor, from Logitech, this mouse delivers best performance among the gaming mice currently available. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech G502 HERO
A high-performance wired gaming mouse for enthusiast gamers.
Equipped with the latest optical sensor from Logitech, HERO 16X Sensor, this mouse can deliver truly exception tracking and positioning. Furthermore, DPI in the range of 200 to 16000 is the apex of gaming mice currently present in the market.
Furthermore, the user experience is enhanced via a mechanical switch button tensioning system. Both left and right-click buttons feature a metal spring tensioning system for super-crisp and fast click feedback.
In addition to these features, you’ll get 11 programmable buttons which can be assigned any in-game function. Therefore, this will help you access various in-game options and tasks via one press of the button.
Like many other gaming mice available in the market, Logitech G502 HERO also allows you to customize the color and pattern of the LED present on the mouse.
Moreover, the gaming experience is further enhanced through adjustable weights and balancing options. Therefore, HERO has five 3.6g removable weights that can be placed on different locations for adjusting the weight and balance.
Lastly, you can generate and save custom gaming profiles. These profiles will most importantly save the programming settings of all 11 programmable buttons.
All in all, Logitech G502 HERO is an advanced, state-of-the-art gaming mouse, built specifically for pro gamers.
State-of-the-art Optical Sensor
- HERO 16X Optical Sensor is the latest and best optical sensor Logitech has to offer.
- Thanks to this sensor, 16000 DPI are offered by this mouse.
- In addition to customizing RGB LED, you can easily sync LED styles among your gaming gear.
- However, gaming gear from Logitech equipped with LightSync can utilize this function.
- Proper weight and balance of the mouse is a key factor in the gaming experience.
- Therefore, five 3.6g removable weights are there to help you find the optimal weight and balance.
Superior Mechanical Response
- Logitech G502 HERO has metal springs and hinges underneath both left and right-click buttons.
- This high-quality tensioning system provides a fast and crisp click response.
- Like all gaming mouse, HERO also offers programmable buttons.
- However, you’ll get 11 of them on HERO.
- Therefore, 11 different in-game functions can be assigned to these buttons.
Custom Gaming Profiles
- Once you have programmed all buttons and are OK with the assignment, save your profile for future usage.
- So, each game can have different button assignments that can be saved in a gaming profile.
- Therefore, you can easily load these profiles to get suitable settings ON quickly.
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs Hero – Final Words!
The article Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs Hero takes you through two famous wired gaming mice.
In short, Logitech G502 HERO is equipped with much more advanced technology, in addition to all the features you can find in G502 Proteus Spectrum. However, you can get moderately reasonable features at a lower price if you go for Proteus Spectrum.
Final Words! If you are an expert level gamer, close your eyes and go for Logitech G502 HERO, you’ll love it; I can guarantee it.