Are pool parties even fun without Bluetooth speakers to bring music to life?
Let check in detail, which one is best for your need: JBL Pulse 2 vs Charge 3
- Elevate your music experience to another dimension with the JBL Pulse 2 a portable Bluetooth speaker that offers sensational sound with an interactive light show
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo sound.
These boxes of joy can turn your phone into a complete sound system free for everyone to enjoy. They are wireless so there is no hassle of handling a cable.
In addition to this you can select from broader range of tunes too. When it comes to the best bluetooth speakers “JBL” brand is a name to look out for.
They have consistently produced a few of the best speakers in the market with unique features perfect for your use! Here we would review JBL Pulse 2 vs Charge 3.
JBL Pulse 2 vs Charge 3 Review
What will be the right choice for you? Generally speaking, a good battery, higher sound quality, and other fancy features would require you to pay more.
Some speakers are also compatible with voice assistants like Siri or Alexa. The newest JBL models offer PartyBoost and are completely water-resistant.
The final choice depends on what you are looking for. Let’s take a look at what JBL Pulse 2 and JBL Charge 3 has in stock for you.
Brand Name: JBL | Model Number: MAIN-08215 | Bluetooth Version: 4.1 | Weight: 775g | Dimensions: 84.2 x 194.4 x 84.4 mm |
Enjoy the light show with Pulse 2 by using color sensor lens. Just point to choose the color to go with! Check Price from Amazon
JBL Pulse 2 Review
In a nutshell, JBL Pulse 2 Bluetooth speaker is a strong candidate when you are looking for one that delivers high sound quality with a compact size. It also offers an integrated light show that has been enhanced as compared to previous models.
Users have often complained that the package does not come with any carrying case. However, this is a small drawback in exchange for plenty of features that the Pulse 2 can let you enjoy.
The built-in rechargeable battery would last as long as 10 hours. But in case you like to listen to your music fancy with the light show in effect throughout the battery life might drop to 5 hours only.
- JBL Pulse 2 is wrapped with LED diodes. They flash according to a selected pattern. The manufacturers have improved the resolution of LEDs in these models.
- Therefore they look better than previous JBL Pulse devices. However, the equalizer mode for colours has been removed so the LEDs flash according to the pattern instead of following the music.
- You can select from a range of 12 patterns including waves, stars, fireflies, rain, or fire. Pulse 2 also has an in-built sensor to pick colours from the surroundings.
Tip! “If you do not want LEDs to be lit, just hold down the button to turn them off completely.”
- As compared to UE Boom and some other mainstream Bluetooth speakers, JBL Pulse 2 is larger in size with rubber feet to hold it in place.
- The control panel contains light sensors, a play button, a pause button, volume control, connect mode, Bluetooth pairing button, and most importantly the power button.
- JBL Pulse 2 is not completely water-resistant. However, the little splash will not do any harm. This is convenient enough but you should remember to not use it too close to the swimming pool.
- You can connect the speaker to as many as 3 smartphones or tablets at the same time to take turns on who gets to choose the next sensational track.
- Furthermore, this feature would also let you take calls on the speaker. The quality is crystal clear with the nice, echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Talking about connectivity, let’s not forget that with JBL Connect technology you can sync other enabled speakers to amplify the music and your experience!
JBL Prism Color Sensor
- For some listeners, music is not enough. To actually bring the party to a life you might want to add a few extra colours. Prism colour sensor would let you do just that!
- These features enable the users to add colours to their pre-existing palate simply by taking the lens and shooting it at the desired shade. The Pulse 2 would automatically adapt the colour and add it to the flashing pattern next time you play.
Brand Name: JBL | Model Number: JBLCHARGE3TEALAM | Bluetooth version: 4.1| Weight: 800g | Dimensions: 213 x 87 x 88.5 mm |
It offers dual external passive radiators to improve visuals and let’s you make the most of bass-heavy tracks! Check Price from Amazon
JBL Charge 3 Review
JBL Charge 3 is definitely an improvement over the previous line of Bluetooth speakers offered by this brand. It offers a compelling set of features and amazing sound quality to go with it.
You can play loud without worrying about distortion! The only downside many have complained about is the comparatively heavier weight of the product. It is not something you can comfortably carry around in your backpack over a hike.
The exposed woofers are also prone to damage so it is better to keep an eye on where you pack your Charge 3 device. Nonetheless, Charge 3 has been on the wish-list of many music lovers and is a definite recommendation if you are looking for a budget-friendly, portable Bluetooth speaker.
The package is worth $150 especially with features like voice commands, noise-cancelling microphones, and the ability to charge your phone when you are on the go.
- JBL Charge 3 may look like just any other Bluetooth speaker but it has a lot more to offer. The product is wrapped in a protective coating with a range of different colours for the final look.
- You can choose between black, red, teal, grey or blue. Furthermore, the speaker contains a rubber panel making it water-proof. In fact, it can easily stand for more than 30 minutes in deep water without any damage.
Higher Sound Quality
- The bigger the better! Charge 3 offers 50mm, drivers, with an improved frequency range. The bass is quite incredible and powerful best suited for EDM and rap music.
Strong Connection Strength
- This depends on whether you are moving about in between rooms or standing with the device with no walls in between. Typically, the connection is strong is admirable in both cases.
- However, if there are no walls you will get a good connection even at a 50-60 feet distance. In between rooms, the distance might drop to 30 feet apart. Rest assured, you will not miss any beat or lose connection altogether.
Longer Battery Life
- Charge 3 offers up to 20 hours of battery life with efficient performance. This is almost the double-time that JBL Pulse 2 lasts. You can also connect a USB cable and charge your device in this manner.
- This feature is meant for long trips when your phone might need to save some juice itself. Simply plug the mobile with it and it will charge and play music side by side.
- You heard that right! Charge 3 comes with a built-in which can be used as a speakerphone for conference calls to stay in touch with friends and family.
- The mic quality is quite clear. In fact, the person on the other end of the line would not even realize you are talking through a speaker.
JBL Pulse 2 vs Charge 3: What Are The Differences?
|JBL Pulse 2||JBL Charge 3|
|Charge Time||5 h||4 h|
|Battery Life||10 h||20 h|
|Audio Output power||2 x 8 W||2x 10 W|
|Lowest Frequency||85 Hz||65 Hz|
|Highest Frequency||20,000 Hz||20,000 Hz|
Besides these, both speakers offer good Bluetooth connectivity. The pairing is quite fast. You can also make use of the NFC feature to connect mobile devices quickly. Simply set the speaker to discovery mode and hold down the Bluetooth button.
A tiny beep would indicate that the device is searching and another tune to acknowledge that the pairing is complete. JBL connect feature also allows 2 or more JBL speakers to sync and play music from the same source.
JBL Pulse 2 vs Charge 3 – Final Verdict
JBL has marked its name well in the world of Bluetooth speakers. Both the options, JBL Pulse 2 and Charge 3 are capable of offering decent sounds at affordable prices. They would also let you charge mobile phones when you are on the go. But which one is the right choice for you?
If you are into fancy music in the vicinity of your lounge then Pulse 2 is a safe option. The light show patterns add aesthetics to music and the size is great for a smaller area. Charge 3 comes with longer battery life, higher sound quality, and water-resistant technology. These features make it a better option to use beach parties.