Technology these days has surpassed almost all the boundaries. You probably must be wondering what best bone conduction headphones are?
To be very simple, these bone conduction headphones have changed the method sounds travel to your ear. As we know that sound can travel through different mediums so taking advantage of this.
The bone conduction headphones bypass the old method of transmitting music waves through the air on to your ear drum. Which detected the vibrations and transmitted them to the inner ear.
- Open-Ear Design - Patented bone conduction headphones deliver premium audio through the cheekbone. Unlike over ear headphones, Aeropex keeps you connected and aware of your surroundings.
- Bone conduction technology and open Fit design delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to ambient sounds for maximum situational awareness during long-term wear.
- ✅ Innovative Bone Conducting Headphones – A smart alternative to in-ear earbuds or over-ear headphones, bone conduction gives you high-fidelity sound with improved comfort and clarity without limiting external world sounds.
- SAFE FOR SPORT USE: Traditional earbuds cover the eardrums. Obstructed hearing reduces balance and coordination and is dangerous. Revolutionary headphone design is IPX6 water resistant - smart for outside fitness, workout, running, sports, cycling
- Net you might be wondering what makes this process special.
Well not only do these headphones sound a thousand times better but they can also be used in a lot of special circumstances easily.
Considering they bypass the traditional method of sound travelling from the outer and middle ear to the inner ear and directly going to the inner ear.
Therefore they make hearing music and answering calls much better for individuals with hearing disabilities. Allowing them to also enjoy their favourite music without any hearing boundaries.
I think you must be wondering that why should you prefer bone conduction over normal or tradition headphones. Here I compiled a few stats which will help you understand the difference between normal headphones & bone conduction. Normal headphones are also known as air induction.
|Comparison||Bone Conduction||Air Conduction|
|Risk to Damage Hear loss||No||Yes|
|Recommendations by Doctor||Yes||No|
|Experience Multiple Voice||Yes||No|
|Chance to Fall on Ground||No||No|
Before Starting the detailed product review I wanna give you the annual consumption ratio in bone conduction headphones. We estimated around 400K current consumers of bone conduction headphones. Which my personal estimate, and by no means I am saying it’s correct.
As reports & data concluded in this report that the industry will increase with 20.4% CAGR. Here’s the growth of the industry.
Editor’s Choice for the Best Bone Conduction Headphones are:
As most of these bone conduction headphones are waterproof with an open ear fit which doesn’t cram into your ears uncomfortably. Also, these bone conduction headphones are an essential form of military communication aid as well.
With so many benefits and amazing use of technology who wouldn’t want to get their hands on one? Well to make choice easier for you and to make sure you invest your money in the right one.
We have compiled this list of top nine bone conduction headphones for 2021. Please keep reading below to know more.
Top Nine Best Bone Conduction Headphones Review 2021
Through extensive research over the internet and various reviews by previous users, we have compiled a list of these nine bone conduction headphones for 2021.
This list will help you decide the best option for yourself if you are looking to buy a pair of these best headphones:
Brand Name: AfterShokz | Item model number: AS800 |Color: Cosmic Black | Item Dimensions: 5.31 x 3.69 x 6.65 inches | Additional Features: sports-and-exercise | Noise-Canceling, wireless, Lightweight | Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (Included) |
These astounding bone conduction headphones give you a continuous playback timing of around 8 hours without having to worry and Plus 10 days standby time. Check Price from Amazon
The bone conduction headphones with overall best reviews and market response are these Aeropex Open-Ear Wireless Bone headphones from AfterShokz. These amazing bone conduction wireless headphones come in a cosmic black color giving them a bit of a Sci-fi touch.
These headphones also have a sports belt to keep them in place while you do your sports. Let’s look at their detailed features below:
High-Class Sports Package
- These Best headphones by Aeropex come with a sport belt to hold them firmly in place however you use them. These headphones have broken the traditional headphones boundaries which used to transmit sound through the ear canals.
- These headphones, however, use the bone conduction technology that uses your cheekbones to transmit the sound. With nothing inside or over your ears, these headphones let you enjoy total attentiveness and comfort while you listen.
Sound Experience Unlike Any Other
- Through their bone conduction technology and re-engineering these headphones have been designed to provide the top-class sound experience Relish the louder volume with 50% less sound leakage and wide dynamic stereo sound through the PremiumPitch 2. 0+.
Extensive Battery Life
- These astounding bone conduction headphones give you a continuous playback timing of around 8 hours without having to worry about running out of charge.
- The best part is their magnetic charging cables that enable you to charge these headphones in around 2 hours. Lastly, they have an amazing 10 days standby time.
- These wireless bone conduction headphones from Aeropex have been designed to withstand all sorts of extreme weather conditions. Therefore these headphones are ideal to be used during various sports like running, jogging or during workouts.
- These headphones completely sweat and waterproof and also come with a moisture detection alert for safe charging.
- The best part about these AFTERSHOKZ headphones is their extraordinary lightweight which is even less than 1 ounce, 26 grams to be specific. This ensures that you don’t even feel the headphones, and also remove any sort of discomfort.
Brand Name: AfterShokz | Item Model Number: AS600SG | Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 6.3 x 2.2 inches | Speaker type: bone conduction transducers | Bluetooth version: v4.1 | Wireless range: 33 ft. (10m) | Compatible profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, and HFP |
Its Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech. While the Audrey Says voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk. Check Price from Amazon
Next on our list are these bestselling bone conduction headphones from AfterShokz named the Titanium Open Ear AS600SG. These bone conduction headphones are available in various different colors to suit your taste and lifestyle. For detailed features keep reading below:
State of the Art Bone Conduction Technology
- The Openfit design of these headphones along with its bone conduction technology uses your cheekbones to transmit the music waves instead of the traditional method.
- These technologies ensure that you remain aware of other ambient sounds of your environment for better safety while wearing long term
- These headphones come with Bluetooth v4.1 which is multi-point pairing compatible with both the IOS and Android device Bluetooth, ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
- These wireless bone conduction headphones have been designed for comfortable long term wear. With their Trekz titanium wraparound headbands, their exceptionally lightweight and also their flexible design, these headphones are ideal for wearing over a long time.
- Along with this they also have a good battery life which ensures you enjoy your music nonstop without any discomfort for around 6 hours at a stretch.
Crystal Clear Sound Quality
- These headphones from AfterShokz come with the PremimumPitch Technology that widens the dynamic range of these headphones along with rich bass. These remarkable headphones are sure to give you a premium audio experience.
- Other than this the LeakSlayer technology ensures there is no natural sound leakage for the best on the go audio experience.
- These bone conduction headphones from AfterShokz are IP55 certified which means these headphones are resistant from sweat, dust and all sorts of moisture.
- This feature makes these headphones ideal to be used during various sports like running, cycling and jogging and even while you work out. EQ presets boost bass and reduces vibration.
- Its Dual noise cancelling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech. While the Audrey Says voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk. Hassle-free 2-year warranty.
Brand Name: AfterShokz | Item Model Number: AS650SG | Headphone Fit: Over-The-Ear | Item Dimensions: 4.92 x 3.94 x 1.89 inches | Additional Features: Microphone Feature | Batteries: 1 CR2 batteries required. (Included) |
These bone conduction headphones from AfterShokz come with the latest organic design that wraps around your head and is 20 percent lighter than other competitor models available in the market. Check Price from Amazon
These AfterShokz Air wireless headphones have an open-ear design which includes it all that drives you, including your inspirational playlists. The wraparound weightless frame is designed to stay in place and keep up with you during the most demanding activities.
Air offers deep bass and a wide dynamic sound range, 6 hours of crystal clear music and calls, and a sweat-proof design ready to take on any escapade.
Bone Conduction Technology
- These AfterShokz headphones come with both the bone conduction and the Open fit technology which bypasses the traditional methods of music transmission by using your cheekbones to deliver music.
- The open fit technology ensures that your ears are always open to all the ambient sounds in your environment for situational awareness and your safety when you wear them for a long time.
- These bone conduction headphones from AfterShokz come with the latest organic design that wraps around your head and is 20 per cent lighter than other competitor models available in the market.
- This wraparound feature ensures a comfortable and flexible fit that makes these headphones unnoticeable even if you wear them all day.
- These AfterShokz headphones come with the latest v4.2 Bluetooth technology which is suitable multipoint pairing compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
Long Battery Timing
- Through these AfterShokz Headphones, you can enjoy up to six hours of non-stop music and calls on a single charge. Other than this it also has 20 days of standby time. The total time these headphones take to fully charge is around 2 hours.
Brand Name: Vidonn | Item Model Number: F1 | Headphone Fit: Over-Ear, On-Ear | Item Dimensions: 5.10 x 4.50 x 2.60 inches | Additional Features: Microphone Feature, wireless | Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (Included) |
These ergonomically designed head phones are made to stay in place through its secure fit design along a comfortable fitting while you do your sports freely without the fear of these headphones falling. Check Price from Amazon
Next on our list of top ten bone-conducting headphones are these wireless bone-conducting headphones F1 from Vidonn. These striking headphones come in various different colors to fit your taste and lifestyle.
These sweat-proof headphones also have a built-in mic and are ideal to be used during sports like Cycling Running Driving and Gym etc. for detailed features please keep reading below:
Bone Conduction Technology
- This state of the art bone conduction technology used in these headphones transmits music using your cheekbone directly to your inner ear.
- Other than this it’s convenient Open Ear design enables you to hear the ambient sounds in your surroundings for better awareness and safety while you wear these headphones through the day.
- These wireless bone conduction headphones come with Bluetooth v5.0 which has a fast pairing feature. This enables quick pairing of headphones with your device along with a much more stable connection up to 33 ft. of the radius.
- These ergonomically designed headphones are made to stay in place through its secure fit design along with a comfortable fitting while you do your sports freely without the fear of these headphones falling.
- These headphones are also sweat-proof with IP55 certification which means they can be ideally used during sports or gym or if you decide to use them during a light drizzle. It’s ABS and titanium alloy makes this headphone lightweight but also very durable.
- These wireless bone-conducting headphones F1 come with a built-in 180 mAh lithium battery that gives you a total playtime of around 6 hours on a single charge and a total of 10 days of standby time. These headphones take a total of 2 hours to charge completely.
- Last but not the least, these amazing headphones from Vidonn come with a 12 months warranty to ensure the pleasure of your purchase.
Brand Name: AfterShokz | Model Number: AS600SG-BR | Package Dimensions: 6.7 x 5.3 x 2.7 inches | Additional Features: Microphone | Color: Slate Grey, Ocean Blue | Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (Included) |
These Headphones include reflective strips that you can stick to anything including your bike, helmet, etc. which make you visible up to 500 plus feet at night. Check Price from Amazon
Fifth on our list is are the Titanium Open-Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones from AfterShokz which are an ideal option if you love listening to music while you do your sports or workout.
These bone conduction headphones come with reflective stripes for added safety while you jog or walk during the night. For detailed features please keep reading below:
- These AfterShokz Titanium wireless bone conduction headphones are an ideal entertainment package for your walk or jog. These headphones have an open fit design which ensures that you can hear the ambient sounds in your background for situational awareness.
- And additionally holds a pack of reflective strips for added safety while you decide to walk at night.
- These all-rounder titanium wraparound headphones are designed keeping in mind your utmost comfort and ease. As they are extremely lightweight and flexible. These headphones are designed for long term wear as they are waterproof.
- To sustain your sweat while you wear them during your workout. Lastly, these headphones have an excellent battery life which allows you to use them continuously for up to six hours.
- These wireless bone conduction headphones have Bluetooth V4.1 connectivity option which allows convenient multipoint pairing. These headphones are compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
Crystal Clear Sound
- These bone conduction headphones from AfterShokz come with the premium pitch technology that provides a wider dynamic range along with rich bass.
- Its Leaks layer technology reduces all sorts of sound leakage and cancels dual noise on mics to ensure you have an experience unlike others while you listen to your favourite audios or answer calls.
- The feature which separates these headphones from its counterparts is these reflective strips which provide you visibility on the go for added safety. You can stick these reflective strips to anything including your bike, helmet, jacket etc.
- These stripes make you visible up to 500 plus feet at night and also blend into the background at day time.
Brand Name: Tayogo | Color: Blue, Headphone Fit: Over-Ear | Additional Features: Microphone, sports-and-exercise, Android, wireless, iOS, water-resistant | Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required (Included) | Package Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.2 x 2.3 inches |
These headphones from Tayogo offer high fidelity sound quality along with a microphone. These headphones are designed to offer a wide dynamic range along with a deep bass. Check Price from Amazon
Next on our list are these best-used bone conduction headphones with a microphone from Tayogo. The highlight is its high-class Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. Their open ear wireless design makes them ideal for usage during running, sports and gym. Its additional features include:
Latest Bone Conduction Feature
- These amazing headphones from Tayogo use the latest bone conduction technology and are designed to fit over your ears for comfort during long term wear.
- These headphones have been designed in a way to provide you with high-fidelity sound along with comfort and also doesn’t block out any ambient sounds from your environment that are important for your safety.
Latest Bluetooth 5.0
- These bone conduction headphones from Tayogo come with the advanced Bluetooth 5.0 which can connect with a variety of devices that are compatible with Bluetooth including a smartwatch, tablet, tablet, iOS or Android devices, and much more.
Wrap around Head Design
- Its wrap around the head design gives it both a good fix and a comfortable wearing experience. Its open ear Bluetooth headphones grip your head right from behind your ears ensuring the headphones don’t slip off during any of your activities like sports, walks or workouts.
Premium Sound Quality
- These open ear wireless headphones from Tayogo offer high fidelity sound quality along with a microphone. These headphones are designed to offer a wide dynamic range along with deep bass.
- This provides an unmatched sound quality along with a built-in mic for hands-free phone calls.
Extended Battery Life
- Tayogo bone conduction headphones come with a rechargeable battery that gives you up to six hours of continuous playback on a single charge, delivering a dependable listening and talking experience for home, travel, workout, and on-the-go
Brand Name: BEKER | Water resistance: up to 10′ / 3m (IPX8) | Play time: 8 hours on full charge | Battery: Lithium 300mAh | Charge time: 50 mins | Music playing format: MP3, WMA, WAV | Dimensions: 2.9 x 0.7 x 1.6 inches / Weight: 1.2 oz |
This wireless bone conduction is both water proof and sweat proof up to 3 meters under water. It can withstand all including fresh water, pool water, sea water and also sweat. Check Price from Amazon
Next on our list is this groundbreaking technology called the bone conduction waterproof MP3 player that has been specially designed for swimming. This single unit MP3 player comes with 8GB memory that can store up to 2000 songs so that you can enjoy your favorite music even while swimming.
- This latest bone conduction music player has been specifically designed to be used underwater with only a single unit that fits under your swimming cap. Freeing you from that uncomfortable earphone that block your ears.
Go String Less and Enjoy
- This wireless bone conduction music player has been designed to free you from all sorts of boundaries that can get in your way while swimming as this music player has no wires that can tangle, no earbuds that can fall out or even headphones that can slip off while you swim.
- You don’t even have to stay in the range of Bluetooth connection. This one-piece unit is small and also quite lightweight weighing 1.2 ounces and can be worn under your swimming cap giving you a convenient and secure fit.
- This wireless bone conduction music player is both waterproof and sweatproof up to 3 meters underwater. This music player can withstand all including freshwater, pool water, seawater and also sweat.
- Therefore it is an ideal device to use if you want to enjoy your music while you take a swim even if you are an underwater swimmer.
- Considering it is an Mp3 player, you might be wondering that this only stores a limited amount of songs because of memory boundaries.
- However, this bone conduction MP3 Player comes with a whopping 8 GB memory that can store up to 2000 songs along with an 8 hour of playtime on a single charge.
- This MP3 player supports formats including MP3, WMA and WAV music files.
- WINNER OF A 2017 GOOD DESIGN AWARDS G-MARK Japan
Brand Name: Vape Only | Model: Z8 | Speaker Type: Bone conduction technology speaker | 1w dual speaker | Battery: 200mAh Power battery | Playtime: 6 hours | Stand by time: 7 days | Effective range: 10 m (33 feet) |
These Vape only wireless headphones come with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 version that provides strong connection without any dropouts in up to 33 feet diameter of space. Check Price from Amazon
Next on our list are these wireless titanium bone conduction headphones from Vape only. These headphones come with Hi-Fi stereo to give you music experience unlike any other.
These headphones come with an open ear design and are also waterproof, this makes them ideal to be used during sports or workout.
Bone Conduction Technology
- These headphones from vape only use the bone conduction technology to transmit sound through vibrations directly to your inner ear using your jaw bone as the carrier. This technology makes these headphones ideal for use by people with hearing loss.
- These Vape only wireless bone conduction headphones come with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 version that provides a strong connection without any dropouts in up to 33 feet diameter of space.
- These bone conduction headphones have an open ear design as you don’t need to cram them in your ear that causes discomfort. These headphones also go around your head providing you with a comfortable and secure fit.
- You can both answer calls and hear your favourite music using these. Plus these headphones don’t block out ambient sounds from the environment for your added safety.
- These wireless bone conduction headphones are made out of good quality material with a sturdy design. These headphones are also sweatproof therefore you can use them stress-free while you perform your favorite exertion activities like hiking, jogging, running, cycling etc. also its antiperspirant design protects your ear.
- These Vape Only bone conduction headphones come with a built-in 200 million ampere Lithium battery. This battery takes around two hours to be fully charged and then can provide you with 5 hours of continuous playback on a single charge.
- Also, the battery can standby for around 7 days so you can easily listen to music and answer your calls without running out of battery any time soon.
Brand Name: Pyle | Item model number PSWBT550.5 | Color: Black | Headphone Fit: In-Ear | bItem Dimensions: 5.32 x 4.73 x 1.78 inches | Additional Features: sports-and-exercise | Rechargeable Battery: 3.7V Li-ion, 200mAh |
The best part about these headphones is its side panel button controls that allow you to play and skip music list without having to take out your phone. Check Price from Amazon
Last but definitely not the least on our list of top nine bone conduction headphones are these Bluetooth bone conduction headphones from Pyle. These headphones also have an open ear design which fits perfectly while you play sports or jog or run.
The Pyle Bone Conduction Headphones with Bluetooth come with a comfortable wrap-around style. Hands-free talking ability, built-in microphone for answering calls and waterproof rated & weather-resistant design to withstand extreme conditions.
Designed for Sports
- These revolutionary headphones come with IPX6 water resistance, and also the bone conduction technology which doesn’t obstruct your hearing by covering your eardrums.
- Therefore these headphones are ideal to be used during sports or gym exercises as they don’t block out the ambient sounds that are necessary for situational awareness.
Open Ear Design
- These Bone conduction headphones by Pyle come with an ergonomic mini-open ear headset speakers that fit comfortably over your ears and sends audio sound vibrations using your cheekbone, directly to the inner ears making them ideal to be used by hearing-impaired people as well.
- Experience both your environment and your music simultaneously without any compromise on your safety as well as music sound quality. It has a Flexible wraparound frame is sport ready and also sweatproof.
- Using its Bluetooth technology, these bone conduction Earphones by Pyle stream Bluetooth in stereo up to 35’ from any iPhone, Android smartphone or laptop. Also includes a voice microphone mic that allows clear calls from your Apple iPhone or Android phones while listening through the headset.
- The best part about these wireless bone conduction headphones is its side panel button controls that allow you to play and skip music list without having to take out your phone. It also allows you to check the power using the built-in LED indicator.
- These Pyle bone conduction headphones also come with a 200 MAH rechargeable battery which snaps on the charger’s magnetic cable and recharge the conductive headsets earphone power in just 4 hours.
- Includes optional adjustable earpiece strap to change fit to a large or small size making it an ideal choice for adults or kids.
Question You Want to Be Answered:
[su_spoiler title=”Are Bone Conduction Headphones safe to use?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”] In this modern era, People’s curiosity is on the peak to learn about, is bone conduction headphones are safe to use or not. You are safe while using these headphones. Audiologists are using these devices as hearing aid tool since early 1980.
Sound through bone conduction is an alternative way to hear. All of us should be understand that continued listening through any device on a high volume can cause permanent hearing loss.
That is why bone conduction headphones are completely safe because hearing sound through vibration in the jawbone or skull is natural ways but make sure the volume of sound should below. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”How Bone Conduction Headphones Works?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]Before we discuss how bone conduction headphones works, we should know about how we hear the sound.
Generally, there are two ways to hear the sound:
- Through traditional way or through air conduction
- Through bone conduction.
Air conduction is a natural way of hearing the sound, in this way sound wave travels through the air which depends on the outer, middle and inner part of our ear. The eardrum is the middle part of our ear that converts sound waves into the vibration that sending them to the inner part of the ear, which is called cochlear.
Bone conduction is another way of hearing sound in which sound waves travel through our jaw bone or skull. It touches with the inner part of our ear that is called cochlear. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”How Bone Conduction Headphones Works?” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]For those who have worn glasses this is very important to know about the best fit while using it. The answer is yes. Both can use at the same time and works excellent, according to users.
People can use this bone conduction headphone over and under the frame of glasses or sunglasses, which way they feel more comfortable.[/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”Are Bone Conduction Headphones Best Choice?” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]Before considering bone conduction headphone, should know the in-depth value of these headphones. People are free to make a decision about the right choice for their self which depends on the priority. Off course it’s best for people who have hearing problems or want to protect their ears early on.
According to doctors, traditional headphones cause damage to our ears. That’s the reason most military & sports people use these headphones for maximum efficiency.
These headphones are not blocking outside sound like other traditional headphones do, so bone conduction headphones are the best choice for those who don’t care about the outside noise around them while using them. [/su_spoiler]
Looking at all the specs and features of these amazing bone conduction headphones, we can say this revolutionized technology has definitely made life much easier for all. And can also be used in special circumstances like swimming or extreme sports.
These headphones have also made life easier for people with special hearing needs. Through this list of best headphones which we have made through extensive research and reviews.
“Therefore we can definitely commit that the bone conduction headphones you choose from this list will certainly be worth your every penny and last you for years.”