Mobile phone screens are prone to damages especially if you are careless with their use. From minimal scratches to major cracks, as a Verizon user, you must be wondering does Verizon fix phone screens?
The offer may be different depending on the current plan that you have. Let’s talk about this in detail!
Will Verizon Fix Cracked Phone Screens?
It is possible to get your Verizon phone screen fixed at company stores but this offer does not include all types and models. Keep in mind that Verizon only fixes screens of specific models i.e. Samsung Galaxy and iPhone devices.
Moreover, Verizon insurance plans cover for front screen damages only. It is a reliable way to avoid costly fees associated with broken phone screen but you can not expect free-of-cost repairs for the backside of the phone.
Does Verizon Fix Phone Screens Only With Insurance?
First of all, it is not compulsory to have Verizon insurance plans like Verizon Protect or Total Mobile Protection to get you phone screen fixed.
However, insurance is the only way to avoid hefty repairing fees and long waiting time.
Nonetheless, if you do not currently have any of the Verizon insurance plans, you can still call the local store and discuss with them how they can help to repair the device.
This is important since not all local stores offers repairs for uninsured devices. If the one in your area does, confirm beforehand the charges for the procedure as they are expected to be more than what insured devices cost.
With that being said, there are many valid reasons that will convince you why Verizon insurance is quite important. Take a look!
- Insurance will get your repairs at a much lower cost. Typically, the deductible in only $29 whereas fixing phone screen without insurance can cost anywhere between $50 to $300 depending on the Android or iOS phone you have.
- You will have access to unlimited number of claims for phone screen fixes. This will put your mind at rest knowing Verizon has your back in case you accidently damage the device.
- Insurance will also ensure your request for fixes is prioritized. In fact, it is the only way to get same-day repair. Technicians get to uninsured devices only after they are done fixing the insured ones.
- Insurance plans cover more than just phone screen repairs. Read about Verizon insurance plans and what it cover to find out more!
What Kind Of Damages Does Verizon Fix on Phone Screens?
Verizon fixes most types of the damages as long as they are on the front side of the phone. It will cater to cracked screen, cracks within the front glass, etc.
Phone repairs in this case do not include any damages, scratches, or cracks that happen on the back side.
None of Verizon insurance plans cover for this typically because back scratches are pretty common and difficult to fix. You can visit phone repair shops as they may have some solution for this type of damage.
How Does Verizon Fix Phone Screens Work?
The first step is to file the claim if you have Verizon insurance. The company will begin the repair process as soon as you file the claim and it is processed.
Here’s how the procedure works out.
- Visit the Asurion’s website and ensure that you device is eligible for repair.
- Then file the insurance claim on the same website.
- Alternatively, you can call the Asurion directly to request for the repair.
- Another method is to file the claim through My Verizon app.
- When you visit the Verizon app, make sure you are the account owner/manager and have the account PIN with you at that time.
Once your insurance claim is approved, Verizon will give you three options as to how your phone screen will be fixed. These include:
- Take the device to an authorized store location.
- Send your phone to Verizon via mail.
- Request an Asurion-certified technician to come to your home and fix it.
Moreover, phone screen fixes will cost you $29 through Verizon insurance. It also gives you access to unlimited number of screen repair claims.
Do You Need To Go To Store Locations?
You can send your device to Verizon or take it to the nearby company store for phone screen fixes.
However, only certain types of damages can be fixed in store and there are other limitations as well. Take a look!
- Some phone screen damages are not simple enough to be fixed in store and Verizon may have to hold the device for a couple of days before giving it back to you.
- Verizon does not fix screens for all phone models. Only certain devices such as Samsung Galaxy and iPhones are covered under this offer.
- Fixes in store locations are limited to certain cities in the United States.
- Some Verizon stores that offer same-day repairs are found in over 220 cities within 34 states of the US.
Should You Make An Appointment For Verizon Phone Screen Fixes?
Verizon store locations are open for all as long as you visit within the working hours. Therefore, you don’t need to make an appointment with Verizon if you wish to get your phone screen checked or fixed.
However, it may be a good idea to book an appointment anyways due to the following reasons.
- An appointment will save you from long hours of waiting in line for your turn.
- You will also be sure that someone will be there to look into your matter as soon as you reach the store.
- Moreover, you can discuss with the spokesperson the condition of the screen and confirm that it is eligible for fixes. That would save you from a useless trip to the store.
How Much Does Verizon Charge For Phone Screen Fixes?
If you are under Verizon Insurance, it will only cost you $29 to repair the screen every time it is damaged. However, it is compulsary that the phone screen can be fixed i.e. it is not damaged beyond repair.
In another scenario, if the screen is poorly broken, Verizon insurance will cover for you and offer a replacement device. You only have to claim for it and hopefully, the device will reach you on the same day.
How Long Does It Take To Get Phone Screen Fixed By Verizon?
How long it will take for Verizon to fix your phone depends on a number of factors. It can take just an hour or up to weeks! Some of the things you have to consider in this regard are summarized below.
- The time frame depends on which repair method you choose.
- In-store repairs are the quickest. On the other hand, if you decide to mail the device to Verizon, it can take the longest time to get repaired and be sent back to you.
- The time taken for the repair also depends on how quickly your Asurion claim in approved.
- Some claims are approved on the same day while other get response days later.
- Lastly, if you opt for in-home repairs via Asurion-certified technician, the time frame for the repair would largely depend on when a technician becomes available in your area.
Are There Third Party Repair Shops That Can Fix Verizon Phone Screens?
You can find third part repair shops online as well as in your local vicinity. There are many stores that can fix Verizon cell phone screens so you don’t have to send the device to the company and wait for days for the repair.
This is particularly helpful when you damage a device that was not insured. Luckily, there are shops that fix everything from computer to a phone and you should not have trouble finding similar ones in your area.
In a Nutshell
It is true that Verizon fixes phone screens but that depends on the kind of damage as well as the insurance plan that you have. I would recommend you go through device protection brochure to find out more about coverage details, insurance claims, and eligibility criteria for getting your phone screen fixed by Verizon.