Did you ever expect a leading cell phone service provider launch a fleet tracking software to help in vehicle management? It’s pretty surprising and may be that’s why not many people have heard of what Verizon Connect is!
What Is Verizon Connect Cloud-Based Software?
Verizon Connect is an impeccable software launched for the benefit of businesses and companies who majorly rely on fleet operations.
It allows users to manage all aspects of fleet movement using an advanced GPS system.
So basically, Verizon Connect provides GPS fleet tracking to the users. This comes integrated with real-time maps, accurate delivery times, asset tracking, expected fuel consumptions as well as evaluation of driver’s capabilities as an employee.
The main goal of this software is to increase productivity, improve driver safety and stay on top of vehicle maintenance all of the time. Currently, Verizon Connect is offering three different solutions. These include:
- Verizon Connect Reveal.
Is Verizon Connect Part of Verizon Wireless?
Verizon Connect is part of a number of merged Verizon company brands that were re-branded to create this platform.
It was with this combination that Verizon introduced an excellent software that could cater to all of fleet industry needs.
Some company brands that came together included the following.
- Verizon Telematics.
The software thus allows for easy tracking of the fleet. This is accompanied by a simple and user-friendly dashboard which makes it easier for the employer to navigate, search, command, and overview.
What Are Verizon Connect Key Features?
When the fleet management software was launched, its primary focus was to improve driver safety through real-time tracking and allow employers to keep a thorough check on how their vehicles were operating.
Verizon Connect also let companies scrutinize driver activities such as speeding, brake checking, and provides alerts for bad behavior.
Overall, relevant businesses could enhance the productivity of their services by keeping a check on how the drivers were performing.
Currently, Verizon connect is being used for more than just that. Let me show you the applications that this software has scored in the fleet industry.
- Manage all the manual hassle of monitoring the fleet of vehicles as well as their maintenance.
- Show current vehicle location, fuel location, odometer reading and much more.
- Create and customize vehicle inspection forms.
- Make a checklist for the vehicle before it can be sent out on a task.
- Simplify how drivers can check the health of the vehicle through automated evaluation forms.
1. Reveal By Verizon Connect
Reveal, formerly known as Fleetmatics Reveal, was one of the merged fleet management companies that works under Verizon Connect.
Some of the features that it offers are discussed below.
- Reveal Manager Mobile app lets owners track vehicles easily and stay in touch with the employees when they are on the go.
- You can also access Reveal Product Overview Brochures. This will let you know about all the features that the business software offers.
- Users get plug-and-play version as well which makes it easy to understand how this software works.
2. Record Audio
Verizon Connect does not allow for audio recording because the dash cams installed on the vehicles support video recording only.
Furthermore, there have been no news of Verizon working on this feature anytime soon. So, if your business operation requires audio recording as well, you may have to look into other options in the market.
3. Add a Driver
You can add an existing user or a new user as a driver to Verizon Connect. To do so for an existing users, the guidelines are listed as:
- Tap on the User List.
- Then select Account Profile.
- Choose Admin after that.
- Then select Users and Roles.
- Tap on User List.
- Edit the User that you have to change or add.
- Select the option that states Yes This User Is a Driver.
- Finally, click on Save to complete the procedure.
Likewise, to add a new user as a driver, here’s what you need to do.
- Tap on Account Profile.
- Then select Drivers and choose Create a New Driver option.
- Select Details Tab.
- Fill out the details for the driver such as photo, name, number, employee ID, etc.
- The driver will be added as soon as you finish providing all the information.
Keep in mind that you can not change an existing driver to a new one unless you delete their profile first and then recreate it as a new driver.
Should You Try Out Verizon Connect?
I personally jumped into a number of online platforms to see what people had to say about Verizon Connect and its features.
To my surprise, I could not find anything but good reviews! Some of the things that have been user’s favorite so far are:
- The software contributes to improving driving skills of the employees.
- It plays a vital role in ensuring safe drive.
- It is packed with additional features that are of utmost use in fleet management such as ELD tracking, reports for cost analysis, commercial vehicle roadside assistance, and vehicle maintenance alerts.
- Verizon Connect is extremely easy to use.
- The live map on the dashboard gives accurate customer delivery times to employers.
Another feature that most employers love is that they are able to see if the employee has used the vehicle for unauthorized drive. This will allow the employer to rectify the situation before any irreversible damage or a loss occurs.
You may also come across some bad reviews since not all Connect users have had similar experiences. The downsides of the service that some people had pointed out are right here!
- Poor customer support service as representatives were always too busy to respond timely.
- Limited features for some businesses who need extensive tools for proper management.
What Are Verizon Connect Charges?
The charges for this software depends on plan you choose, the length of time you intend to get it for as well as additional features you might opt for.
To give you a rough idea, here are some important figure to keep in mind.
- Simplest and the most basic plan would cost you $45 per month.
- The charges can go up to $250 per month if you get all add-ons.
Keep in mind that you can not avail of Verizon Connect free trial. You have to choose a subscription when you sign up with the software.
How To Pay Verizon Connect Bill?
There are two ways to pay your Verizon Connect bill online.
- You can call the customer support service.
- Inform that you wish to the bill for the particular service.
- Choose from available payment methods: credit cards and debits cards from major companies in the US including Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- Confirm the transaction
Alternative to this, another approach that you can try is:
- Create an account if you don’t have one.
- Log in using username and password.
- Then move to the Verizon Connect Payment Portal.
- Complete the transactions by following the guidelines here.
How Many Employees and Customers Does Verizon Connect Have?
Verizon Connect is based in Atlanta. It has more of region specific service so it is currently operating at a capacity much lower than Verizon Wireless.
Currently the employees are scattered in more than 15 countries around the globe and are catering to huge number of customers. Some figure that might interest you are given below.
- It currently has 3,681 employees.
- Estimated number of customers are 4 million.
- Verizon Connect earns over $259 billion in revenue as per the reports in 2021.
Can I Cancel Verizon Connect?
It is quite easy to cancel an order on Verizon and as per Verizon cancellation policy, you should not have trouble unsubscribing to a plan as well. However, things are different when it comes to Verizon Connect.
You can not simply cancel the service as you will be under a signed contract when using the software. There are fees associated with discontinuing its use when the contract is not finished.
So if you are okay paying the remaining balance of the contract, which may be more if you cancel just after a few months of signing, get in touch with the customer support team at Verizon and it will guide you through the process.
In a Nutshell
This software by Verizon is quite popular amongst shipping companies and businesses who need efficient fleet management and control over vehicles to function.