People who are no longer subscribed to Verizon service find it troubling to figure out where can I return Verizon equipment? Well, the answer is pretty simple! Let me take you through the procedure step by step.
Can I Return Verizon Equipment In Store?
Verizon has an extensive return policy for its equipment. If you are new to this, the following pointers would help you understand where to return Verizon equipment.
- You can return it to any of the Verizon company store if you purchased directly from it.
- Equipment bought at third-party retailers must be returned at the same store.
- You can also return Verizon FIOS equipment but only at selective FIOS stores.
- FIOS equipment can also be returned via UPS.
Where Can I Return My Verizon Device?
As long as you got the device from a Verizon store or the company website, you can simply return it to any of the Verizon company stores.
However, if the device is from a third-party retailer, you must go to the same store to return it. This is because each store has specific return policies which you must abide to in order to return or exchange an item.
There are typically no charges for returning a device unless you are later than 30-day return window.
Moreover, Verizon charges $50 as a restocking fee when you return a mobile device to the store.
How To Return Verizon Router?
You can return a router to Verizon within 30 days of canceling the service. Otherwise, the company will charge you with unreturned equipment fee.
Here’s how you can do this.
- Call the customer support team at 1-800-Verizon.
- Then provide your account number.
- Follow the instructions that they provide regarding return of equipment.
- Choose mode of return: You can get return box shipped to you or you can visit UPS store to drop off the equipment.
- If you choose to return it with shipping, wait for Verizon to send you the return kit.
- Appropriately pack the equipment and place the shipping label.
How To Return Verizon Set-Top Box?
The Set-top boxes need to be returned directly to any of the Verizon Fios store location. There are some FIOS TV store locations that do not take returns.
Therefore, it is better to call and confirm with the local store before taking your equipment there.
Can I Return My Verizon Remote?
Verizon does not demand you to return the remote when you take other Verizon Fios equipment to the store. It is up to you if you want to keep it.
However, if the remote is damaged or you do not see any use of it later on, you can return it to Verizon and request them to recycle it on your behalf.
How Do I Know Which FIOS Equipment To Return?
Some of the Verizon FIOS equipment that you have to return are listed below.
- Set-top box.
- Cable box.
- Power cords.
- Other items that come with installation of Verizon Fios.
However, this list is just a long-shot. The items that you have to return largely depend on what services you were using so it will vary from one customer to another.
- You can call the customer support service to have a better idea.
Share with them the details of your service and go through the list of equipment that you have such as a router, cable box, or modems. They will then let you know what items you should bring back to the store.
Do All Stores Accept Verizon Equipment Returns?
You have to follow the rules and regulations set by Verizon for returns. As per the policy, you can return an item to any store because not all of them are authorized to take it back.
Generally, Verizon stores accept equipment purchase through them directly whereas you need to visit the particular retail store in person if you had bought the item from them.
If there is any confusion, it is best to call the customer support service for help. They should be able to guide you on where to return items once the service is cancelled.
Do All Stores Accept Verizon Accessories Returns?
Unlike Verizon equipment that must be returned at Verizon store, you can return accessories to any of the company store regardless of where you have purchased them from.
Some of the things to keep in mind in this regards are:
- You must return the accessory to the authorized retailer where you got it from.
- Company store or retail store do not accept accessories from other stores.
- Return policy for verizon equipment may vary depending on which retail store you got it from. Each store has their own policies for returns and exchange.
What Happens If I Return Equipment Late?
According to Verizon’s return policy, you must bring equipment to the store within 30 days.
However, if you were not able to and 30-day long window passes before you decide to return an item, Verizon will still take it back.
The downside to returning the item late is that it will charge you a fee for every late day that has passed after 30 days.
There is an exception! Verizon can offer you a work-around or a flexible period for return if you report an emergency such as hospitalization, being out of station for work, etc.
What Happens If I Don’t Return My Verizon Equipment?
Once you cancel the service, Verizon will give you 30 days to return the equipment. If you fail to do so, it will charge a late return fee as penalty.
However, there is no way to determine what the charges would be because that largely depends on what equipment you were using and the subscription plan you had.
Can I Return Equipment Using UPS Mail?
Yes. You can return Verizon equipment through UPS mail. In fact, it is quite easy to do following the guidelines below.
- Call the Verizon customer support team.
- Request them to register a return shipping label.
- Wait for the shipping label to arrive.
- Then pack the equipment and paste the shipping label as instructed.
- Drop off the package at UPS.
- Alternatively, you can choose to send it through the UPS driver as well.
In a Nutshell
You can return Verizon equipment to any of the Verizon store locations or select Verizon Fios TV stores if you have bought them directly. Moreover, equipment can also be returned via UPS mail. In any case, you have to sent them back within 30 days of purchase or Verizon will charge you for a late fee per day that exceeds 30-day cancellation period.