When you are going to pay, it is crucial to understand what does Verizon insurance cover especially when you want to go for expensive plans like Verizon Protect or Total Mobile Protection.
Insurance is a must-have when you get something from Verizon that can be quite pricey to repair if damaged or replace if lost. Let’s take a look at Verizon Insurance options that you have and what each of them covers.
What Does Verizon Insurance Cover Under Your Plan?
Almost all the Verizon insurance packages cover accidental damages, malfunctioning devices, factory defects, and stolen devices as per the policy in 2022.
You should also be able to claim for damage caused by water immersion or front cracked screens.
You will have to pay deductibles when you make a claim. The exact amount of this deductible depends on the device in question such as phone model as well as the damage which you intend to get repaired.
1. Mobile Protect Cover
This insurance covers multiple issues that can affect your device. Some of these are listed below.
- Device malfunctions after the warranty expires.
- Lost device protection.
- Protection for stolen device.
- Battery replacement (for certain models only)
- 24/7 technical assistance.
- Repair for cracked screen against $29 deductible per claim.
- Unlimited device refreshes.
- Privacy tools.
- Same-day delivery for replacements phone.
- Same-day delivery for new phone bought online.
- Security advisors around the clock.
- Digital security tools.
You can get all this in $17 per month if you choose Tier 1 insurance plan and $14 per month if you go for Tier 2.
However, in case you have multiple devices, the insurance will cost you $50 per month.
2. Verizon Protect Cover
Another premium plan that it offers is the Verizon Protect which covers the following damages.
- Lost device.
- Stolen device.
- Device malfunctions after warranty expires.
- Accidental damages caused by water or more.
- Front cracked screens.
- Accessories such as battery, car charges, earbuds, etc.
Verizon Protect is available in $14 to $17 per month. This seems like a good deal but some users have pointed out that there are major things that this insurance does not cover for.
For example, you can claim insurance for damages caused by wear and tear, accidental neglects, alterations to the phone, mis-used phones, and insurance for phones with serial numbers removed.
According to some resources, Verizon Protect insurance has been discontinued. You can get in touch with the customer support team to have additional information on this.
3. Total Mobile Protection Cover
The charges for Total Mobile Protection Insurance plan also varies depending on the device in use. Typically, it covers the following.
- Lost devices.
- Stolen devices.
- Accidental damages caused by water.
- Front cracked screen.
- Protection for home or car charges.
- Protections for accessories like earbuds, battery, and case.
- Malfunctioning devices.
This type of ensure will cost you up to $12 to $15. Keep in mind that it will not cover for misused phones, phones without serial numbers, phones damaged from water or food immersion, neglected phones, altered or abused phones.
4. Extended Warranty
Under extended warranty, the company will cover for any manufacturing defects found in the device or equipment even if these are identified after the original warranty limit has exceeded.
It is advisable to go for this insurance plan as it gives a sense of security for the devices for a very long time. Also because it costs just $5 per month.
- You will not have to pay extra costs if you choose to make a claim.
- Extended warranty does not have a cap on how many claims you can make.
- Keep in mind that it does not cover for batteries, stolen items, accidentally damaged devices or lost devices.
5. Wireless Phone Protection
This insurance covers specifically for your wireless phone. It offers protection against lost phone, damage, or theft. However, that is about all.
You will realize that many important factors are covered under this type of Verizon insurance.
- It does not cover damage from wear and tear.
- You will not have protection against accidental neglects.
- It also does not cover for torn labers, water immersion damage, or spills.
- You can also not claim for factory damage once the original warranty of the phone has expired.
Will Your Verizon Insurance Replace Lost Phones?
Verizon insurance covers for lost phones as well. This holds true for any insurance plan that you choose. Follow the step below to get the replacement phone.
- Call Verizon support team as soon as possible.
- Report your lost phone.
- Request to disconnect its service immediately.
- File the claim to get a replacement phone.
Does Verizon Insurance Cover For a Stolen Phone?
All the insurance plans at Verizon cover theft so your device will be protected under the package in case it is stolen.
However, you need to report it and file the claim as soon as possible. This is how it is done.
- Contact the Verizon customer support team immediately.
- Report the phone as stolen and disconnect its service.
- File the claim to get a replacement device.
Are There Other Things That Verizon Insurance Covers?
As you can see, each Verizon plan has different rules and policies. You can only determine what will be covered in your insurance once you have finalized which one you need.
There are particular accessories or device parts that are more prone to damage. Therefore, I have come across many customers leaving online queries trying to figure out if they are covered under protection or not.
1. Broken Cameras
Verizon insurance does not cover for broken camera.
However, you can always replace the device altogether if you have Verizon insurance. That will take care of the broken camera issue as well. The replacement requires you to file a claim and pay the deductible.
2. Charging Ports
Verizon insurance does not cover for charging ports.
Verizon team does offer to clean the charging ports for you and in some cases that should solve the issue with it. However, if the port is damaged, you will have to pay for the repair as insurance does not cover it.
3. Cracked Back of Phones
Verizon insurance does not cover for cracked back of phones.
Phone backs are sensitive to wear and tear so you will mostly find them damaged on old devices. However, these are difficult to repair. That is why Verizon insurance mostly does not cover these but often cover cracked front screens.
Should You Spend on Verizon Insurance?
Verizon may not be the cheapest option when it comes to cell phone service providers in the US market, but it sure is a reliable name.
Same goes for the insurance plans! Although they are a bit pricey, most of them guarantee full coverage in case of stolen or lost phones, damaged products, accidental spills, manufacturer’s defects, etc.
You should consider a Verizon insurance plan that suits your budget. Even if you go for the minimal ones, you will have some protection which can be helpful in the long run.
If your pocket allows, Mobile Protect cover is the best Verizon insurance plan that you should spend on.
In a Nutshell
Extensive insurance plans for Verizon guarantee protection against theft, accidental damage, and stolen devices. Other than that, you can go for minimal insurance coverage as well such as the extended warranty that lets you claim for factory defects after the original warranty has expired. These are the multiple options that you can avail in a range of $14 to $50 per month.