Did you come here tied between whether to choose Netgear R7000 or Netgear R7000p?
We understand that before purchasing any router, it is necessary to research it. There are multiple options available in the market, and this can certainly cause you a headache to pick the one from it.
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
It isn’t easy to make when both the routers are quite capable of providing quality service, fast speed, and reliable connectivity.
- Maximum Range : 2000 Sq Ft
Netgear is a multinational company whose name stands out when talking about communication electronic devices.
The brand has its headquarters in San Jose, CA, where it is well known for best Netgear WiFi routers, Ethernet network switches, cable modems, and other smart home devices.
Netgear R7000 vs R7000p – Comparative Analysis
You can get confusing when you have to pick the right choice from so many options, mainly if you stuck between Netgear R7000 and Netgear R7000p. Both these routers deliver exceptional performance and quality internet for the users.
The fundamental question is which one will align better with the requirements that you are looking for? It might turn out to be a headache to consider each and every specification.
But you must take a good look at features such as dual-band, MU-MIMO, RAM, Processor, and security features that could ensure you have a safe streaming experience. Let’s start!
This guide would, therefore, walk you through everything you need to know about Netgear R7000 vs R7000p.
Brand: Netgear | Model Name: R7000 | Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX | WiFi Technology: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.3 x 2 inches | Weight: 1.7 lbs |
Bold and best sound quality with splash proof rugged design is all you want for a portable heavy bass Bluetooth speaker.- description Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R7000 Review
Netgear R7000 not only has a cool design but also the features that have can be impressive for you. Some users have also complained about time lag when applying changes to settings.
However, the speed factor stands in favour of this wireless router. It also delivers a good data rate and coverage.
Affordable Price Range
- Price has to be the first factor many buyers consider when choosing a WiFi router.
- If you are a high-end user who does not mind the price difference, then R7000P is a better choice as it comes with extra features and advanced security settings.
- However, R7000 is a smarter choice if you want to save a few dollars. It makes up for a good router for home use with amazing speed and reliable connectivity.
Easy To Setup
- R7000 device is very easy to set up. The package comes with an installation guide and outlines the protocol to get the device running.
- The instructions are clear and simple to follow. You will have to launch a Web browser to complete the configuration.
- The notification will then pop up, stating the router successfully by connecting it to the internet.
- Netgear R7000 comes with a decent encryption system. It specifically offers WPA/WPA2 and WEP that secures your WiFi channels.
- In addition to this, the guest network access is password-protected and separate from the main network for security.
- With double firewall protection (SPI and NAT) and a DOS attack prevention system, you can rest assured that you are streaming experience will be safe from any sort of cyber-threats.
- All in all, the security system is reliable to protect its users from any inconvenience.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- QoS now lets you control both upstreaming and down streaming activity with superior options to customize upstream.
- Quality of Service allows you to prioritize internet usage so that ongoing applications such as video chat, streaming, or gaming get the most of bandwidth.
- That is a handy feature when you need an optimal user experience from the home router.
Brand: Netgear | Model Name: R7000P | Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX | WiFi Technology: 802.11ac | Dimensions: 11.22 x 7.26 x 1.97 inches | Weight: 1.6 lbs |
Simultaneously stream data on multiple devices with R7000P with MU-MIMO technology with boosted signal for each user! Check Price from Amazon
Netgear R7000P Review
Netgear R7000P is a unique device and a perfect solution for your home router. It delivers up to 600 Mbps 802.11 n 2.4 GHz band and 1625 Mbps 5 GHz band.
Netgear has also introduced some new technologies into this design. The most important one is the MU-MIMO feature that enables the router to serve multiple devices with lag and interruptions.
You can stream away from the worry of stolen passwords, identity theft, and hacker attacks. You will also have the flexibility to control the network with voice commands such as Amazon Alexa.
- Netgear R7000P is much more advanced as compared to the previous model in terms of security features.
- It comes equipped with Netgear Armor, which is an upgraded threat protection feature for your home and devices.
- Besides this, it offers all other security measures installed in R7000: WPA, WPA2, WEP, separate guest network, SPI, NAT, and DOS attack protection.
- Armour comes as an additional feature to protect you from threats and offer advanced cyber-security. Therefore, Netgear R7000P is a clear winner in this aspect.
Wireless Speed Rating
- Speed matters a lot if you are into multiplayer gaming and HD video streaming.
- Netgear R7000P supports 802.11ac wireless network, and it can comfortably deliver an amazing 2300 Mbps of bandwidth.
- That is 400 Mbps more compared to R7000. It looks like R7000P is a winner in this case too!
- Netgear R7000P MU-MIMO feature is the perfect answer to all your wireless router needs.
- Who does not get tired of lags in gaming and while buffering videos? Now the internet service will not slow you down even when multiple devices are connected!
- The Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output allows for faster data transfer and reliable streaming.
- It also caters for data transfers to multiple devices at a time at a faster output.
- You can enjoy greater download speed and smooth video streaming without any interruptions.
- MU-MIMO is a significant advantage that R7000P has over Netgear R7000.
Secure Cloud Storage
- Netgear ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows for the sharing of stored files via USB drive.
- All you have to do is plug the hard drive into the Netgear router to create a personal, secure, and simple cloud storage.
- What’s more convenient if you can enjoy the accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox with any storage limitations, extra charges, or privacy concerns.
- Through the mobile app or web portal, you can use the ReadyCLOUD anywhere to access the USB drive at home!
Netgear R7000 vs R7000P: What Are The Differences?
|Netgear R7000||Netgear R7000P|
|Weight||1.7 lbs||1.6 lbs|
|WiFi Speed||1.9 Gbps||2.3 Gbps|
|Wireless Security||WPA, WPA2||N/A|
|RAM||256 MB||256 MB|
Netgear R7000 vs R7000P: Final Verdict
The price difference between the two models Netgear R7000 vs R7000P is quite minimal. Therefore, we recommend that if you only have to spend a few extra dollars then go for R7000P as it is better of the two choices.
Netgear R7000P offered much better WiFi speed and compared it to the other device. The most significant difference is that it also supports MU-MIMO technology, which is a must-have when the router is to be used by multiple devices at a time.
When it comes to security features, R7000P allows you to buy a yearly subscription of Netgear Armor to protect your home computer and networks from malware, viruses, and other cyber threats.