Many customers are looking for reliable connection and great gaming speed when choosing a suitable router. That’s what brings us down to comparing Netgear Orbi Ac2200 vs Ac3000.
It’s true that an amazing wireless router is the partner you need for uninterrupted movies, lag-free gaming and even live streaming!
- But, making a poor pick means you will end up getting turned down quite often!
In a nutshell, you need to invest in a supportable router next time. This product should match your requirements and budget. So, when we are talking about wireless routers, we can not miss out on Netgear products!
Note! Netgear Orbi Ac2200 vs Ac3000 are both meant for professional use in terms of performance and device quality. They allow for multiple connections, and high-speed internet.
Since both the products have comparable specifications, we will present you with a detailed overview to show the differences between the two amazing Netgear routers, Ac2200 and Ac3000. Let’s have a look!
Netgear Orbi Ac2200 vs Ac3000: Quick Overview
One thing is for sure; Orbi experience is not going to be a cheap one. This is a sizable investment so you need to make sure that you pick the right one.
However, if you came here looking for a comparison guide between Orbi ac2200 and ac3000 then it means you have the budget to cater to them but you don’t want to throw the money in the air thoughtlessly.
Instead, the choice in the router should be worth the price tag.
- Triband backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- No more dead zones: Whole home mesh WiFi coverage of up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices. Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name. Extend coverage up to 2,500 square feet with additional satellites.(sold separately)
- Both Ac2200 and Ac3000, are high-end systems. They use tri-band technology so they are suitable for networks with multiple devices.
FYI! All WiFi routers with tri-band WiFi frequency are better at prioritizing traffic and distributing wireless signals across the network.
Furthermore, the routers have MU-MIMO capabilities that make them a better choice as compared to average devices. They are also easier to set up with the Orbi app and allow for management via smartphone remotely.
- On top of that, Orbi ac2200 and ac3000 provide Guest Access and Parental Controls.
Guess access is a great feature to keep visitors away from your private network. Additionally, with parental controls, you can set up restrictions that will prevent your kids from accessing prohibited content.
These are just a few basic features that both Netgear Orbi ac2200 and ac3000 offer. What about the differences?
Without further delay, we will now take you through an overview of how these two products are poles apart from each other in terms of performance and use. Let’s go!
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: RBK33-100NAS | Wireless Type: 802.11bgn, 802.11a/g/n/ac | Color: White | Dimensions: 6.34 x 3 x 3.3 inches | Weight: 2.99 lbs
The router has an in-built multi-layer security that keeps all the connected devices safe from malware, virus, and data theft. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear Orbi Ac2200 Review
Buyers around the world love this device as it comes with so many features yet an affordable price tag. This is not something many manufacturers have been able to do without ruining the product’s quality.
- Customers praise it by saying that the “entire house can enjoy a good connection” with this router.
If you compare it with Ac3000, the Orbi Ac2200 is smaller in size but with quite the same overall performance.
Attention! The Netgear Orbi Ac2200 comes with almost all the premium features including a strong coverage up to 5,000 square feet. This makes it one of the best high-end router available in the market.
Other features that users love are 3 Gigabit ports, Guest access, flexible Parental Controls and advanced protection against cyber threats. The router also has MU-MIMO capabilities to allow for simultaneous streaming on multiple devices. Furthermore, it provides up to 4 GB flash, 512 MB RAM memory and much more!
On top of all this, the Orbi Ac2200 has a tri-band technology. The additional 5 Ghz band helps in delivering fast speed when a number of users are connected to the same network. The connectivity is also superb with multiple satellites and 4 LAN ports. You can easily connect to almost 20 devices. Cool, right?
So if you were looking for a single router that could deliver all the premium features without draining your pocket then you should give this one a try.
Installation and Design
- Netgear Orbi Ac2200 is a compact device with 6.3 x 3 x 3.3 inches of size. It is quite easy to install it at any spot, hide it behind the monitor or simply place it at the side of the table.
- Unfortunately, the small size does not mean it is light-weight too. In fact, this model is slightly heavier than most other competitive routers in the market. As it is slightly heavy for wall-mounting, most users prefer to set it besides the table.
Wide Range Coverage
- This model can provide a great WiFi range and allow you to carry out home internet browsing, play games and stream movies faster. You can enjoy as much as 5,000 square feet coverage with Netgear Orbi Ac2200.
- However, the maximum speed may vary depending on how far you are from the router. It is recommended that you don’t move farther away than 75 feet as it will reduce the speed to a much lower amount.
- The three bands help manage the traffic better and deliver high-speed internet when the network is being used by multiple devices.
- The router can easily provide a maximum speed of 2.2 Gbps. With strong coverage and three bands in action, you can easily roam around the house while staying connected to a single network.
- The router has multiple options when it comes to connectivity. In addition to satellites, there are 4 Ethernet ports that can be used to connect it to external devices. In fact, you can pair it up with almost 20 devices at a time.
- It is common for the speed to drop down when a maximum number of users are on the network. Therefore, we recommend you limit the devices to a number that allows for stable connectivity.
- In addition to the primary router, the Orbi Ac2200 comes with two satellites although these are smaller in size as compared to the ones offered by Ac3000. They can also just function as a wall plug.
- The satellites are smaller in size. This means you can place them anywhere in the house and use them to expand the mesh network. Perfect!
Other Advanced Features
- The device comes with multi-layer security in the form of in-built Netgear Armor. The software helps protect your network against malware, viruses and other forms of data theft.
- Furthermore, there are flexible parental control options available. These would let you restrict the content you want your kids to stay away from, set up a schedule for the network or let you pause the internet whenever you please.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: RBK53-100PES | Wireless Type: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11n, 802.11g | Color: White | Dimensions: 6.7 x 8.89 x 3.1 inches | Weight: 1.96 lbs
The amazing router provides consistent overage without any dead zones and a speed as good as 3.0 Gbps over 7,500 square feet of area. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear Orbi AC3000 Review
- We have only a few words for this router: Out Of The World!
This device is capable of providing a high-speed WiFi connection at an extended range all over the house. It is one of the most powerful routers as compared to the traditional ones available on the internet.
It has been one of the top picks as it is ahead of the competition in almost all the performance tests. Although the device is meant for large spaces, it is still a snap to install, provides a strong network, offers plenty of wired LAN ports and comes with the latest MU-MIMO technology.
The best part is that Orbi Ac3000 with giving you the best price to performance value. Considering the impressive throughput speeds, simultaneous data streaming and a number of management options, you can rest assured that you will be making an investment at the right place with this WiFi device.
- The router comes with 6 internal antennas that can deliver an amazing speed of approximately 1300 Mbps.
- As it is equipped with tri-band technology, the third band gives it a lead when compared with the competitors. It is considered to be a backhaul because of its dedicated communication between the satellite and the router.
- The top of the component includes an LED light ring. It indicated the status of connectivity and WiFi activity.
- For example, the ring will be solid white when the device is booting up. It will turn to blink amber when the internet connection is lost.
- There’s more to this! The LED light will also change color to blue and magenta to indicate that the threshold for internet traffic has been reached.
- The router also comes with a lot of buttons and ports. These include the 3 Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, USB 2.0 ports and buttons for Sync, Power and Reset.
Advanced Security Section
- If you want to enjoy maximum control over the WiFi device, access the Advanced Security Section using the Advanced tab.
- This will take you to settings where you can set up Parental Controls, restrict websites, users of enabling email alerts.
- From the same section, you can access Advanced Wireless settings. These controls let you adjust transmit power, turn on beamforming, activate MU-MIMO feature or allow the use of router as an access point.
- Furthermore, you can make use of Traffic Meter. It lets you view traffic statistics and also place a limit on monthly upload/download capacity of the internet network.
Netgear Orbi Ac2200 vs Ac3000: Final Verdict
Ultimately, the final choice between Netgear Orbi Ac2200 vs Ac3000 comes down to what your household needs.
Ac3000 is a better choice if you need coverage over a large area with a number of users. The system can sustain strong signal strength on multiple floors with many walls and rooms. In a nutshell, it is a router that pretty much ticks all the boxes of good speed, connectivity and premium features.
On the other hand, Ac2200 is an ideal choice for users living in a small house. It is packed with almost all the features that its competitor has but comes with a comparatively cheaper price tag. All in all, the system you choose should cater well to your needs and here neither of these will be a disappointment.
If you have any queries or want to share your experience with Netgear Orbi products with us, feel free to contact us through the comment section below!