All laptops have built-in cameras nowadays. What makes Logitech C922 vs C922X so special? We will find out here.
Logitech took a huge risk by launching something that buyers had already found the replacement for, Standalone Webcams!
- Full HD 1080p video that's faster, smoother and works on more computers. Skype in Full HD 1080p Get breathtaking Full HD 1080p video calls on Skype for the sharpest video-calling experience. Smoother. Sharper. Richer. Clearer. Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology. It's what makes a Logitech webcam better.
- Web camera specifically designed and optimized for professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
Nonetheless, Logitech C920 cameras were a huge success. This was soon followed by C922X flooding the market.
Now we are wondering, Logitech must have been cooking something special under the hood before introducing an upgrade to the product that was already the user’s favorite.
- When we took a closer look, we were NOT disappointed!
Both, Logitech C922 vs C922X, are powerful webcams well-suited for gameplay streaming and clever special effects.
What more do they have in stock? We will find that out in this detailed comparative review of Logitech C922 vs C922X.
Logitech C922 vs C922X – Comparative Analysis
It can be said without a doubt that Logitech C922 vs C922X have more similarities than differences in their design, and features.
For example, both devices offer 1080p resolution, 30 fps of frame rate, and 8 MP photo quality.
- Furthermore, they have the same weight (5.71 oz) and roughly the same dimensions.
However, one major difference between the two products is their lens type. Where Logitech C922 hosts a simple glass lens, C922X Pro has a full HD glass lens.
Furthermore, Logitech C922 takes the lead when it comes to attachability options. You can hang it via a clip or place it on the table with its stand.
- Logitech C922X Pro comes only with a clip.
Besides Windows, macOS, Chrome, and Android v5.0 or above OS that both products support, Logitech C922 Pro is also compatible with Xbox One.
Logitech C922 Pro and C922X Pro can perform auto-focusing. However, C922X is also capable of auto-light correction whereas the other model can only fix minor low-light issues.
- There are few extra features that you can make use of with Logitech webcams.
In the case of Logitech C922 Pro webcam, these are diagonal field of view and stereo audio that is captured from all directions.
Many reviewers have picked Logitech C922X Pro as their top pick. However, we just can’t ask you to make the decision yet. Therefore, let us first have a look at their pros, cons, and features.
Brand: Logitech | Model Number: 960-001087 | Product Dimensions: 3.7 x 2.8 x 1.7 inches | Weight: 5.7 ounces | Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion | Color: Black
It comes with free tripod stand allowing it to be placed on the table in addition to the conventional clip-on style. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech C922 Pro
Logitech C922 Pro has a straightforward design with a single lens and two microphones on either side.
Besides mounting it above the laptop screen you can also place it on the miniature tripod stand included in the box.
- There have been some upgrades as compared to the previous C920 series.
Two of them are 720p output with 60 fps and automated background removal. The performance of the webcam at a low-light intensity is also admirable with clear images even when lit with merely the monitor itself.
Furthermore, C922 Pro achieves background removal via Personify ChromaCam. It is equipped with an “Intelligent Shape Recognition” feature excellent for keeping “the human” and removing everything else.
If you are thinking of buying a webcam to produce content for websites like YouTube or Twitch, then Logitech C922 Pro has you covered!
It is not an out-of-the-world upgrade but, luckily, it features many additional perks at roughly the same price as previous models.
High-Definition 1080p Streaming
- The glass lens and 1080p high-definition camera will record all the details for you, in addition to saving natural colors.
- Additionally, 30 fps with the diagonal view ensures you get full coverage.
- You don’t need to stick to the conventional clip-on style for using the webcam.
- Therefore, it comes with a free tripod stand allowing it to be placed on the table as per your liking.
Stereo Audio From All Directions
- Logitech C922 Pro webcam is equipped with 2 microphones.
- Both sides of the camera will capture audio so the final output is clear and natural.
Adjustable Frames Per Seconds
- 30 fps is possible with a 1080p resolution.
- However, for more serious streamers, the fps can be increased to 60 with HD 720p output.
- Logitech C922 Pro allows for automated background removal via Personify ChromaCam.
- Therefore, the webcam will use its “Intelligent Shape Recognition” feature to identify the human in front of the camera and remove everything else.
- Logitech C922 Pro is compatible with a range of operating systems.
- In addition to working with Windows 7,8,10, it’ll also work flawlessly with Mac OS, Android 5.0, and Chrome OS.
- Furthermore, it is also compatible with XSplit and OBS.
Brand: Logitech | Model Number: 960-001176| Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 1.71 x 3.74 inches | Weight: 5.0 ounces | Batteries: 1 CR2 batteries | Color: Black
The advanced glass lens delivers sharp images even with rapid movements and also allows for auto-focusing. Check Price from Amazon
Review of Logitech C922X
- Logitec C922X Pro has a sleeker design as compared to C922 Pro.
The holder’s lips are also smaller so the camera does not get in the way of your monitor’s screen.
Similar to the previous model, C922X can provide 1080p with 30 fps and 720p with 60 fps.
Moreover, there is an automatic background replacement feature that lets you choose what to show the audience.
The camera will also make automatic fixes to the video when captured at a low light intensity.
- Furthermore, a FREE XSplit license comes in the package.
However, Logitech C922X does not support 4K, which should not be a big issue if your webcam use is restricted to sites like YouTube.
Besides that, the product has a great value to performance ratio. Furthermore, the 1080p resolution, dual-microphone, and a fantastic build is hard to find with the minimal price tag.
All in all, this a great webcam that can be used as a cheap alternative to other, more expensive options.
Very Flexible Placement
- The mount can be set as per your situation.
- The clips and rear hinge provides a strong grip even on curved surfaces.
- You can also move the camera vertically.
- This is helpful when you want to make sure you are right in the center of the video.
Professional Quality Video Streaming
- Logitech C922X delivers 1080p with 30 fps and 720p with 60 fps.
- It has been designed keeping in view the professional needs of a webcam.
- This product is a perfect fit for gaming and entertainment sites such as YouTube.
Full HD Glass Lens
- The advanced glass lens delivers sharp images even with rapid movements.
- The lens also allows for auto-focusing so you don’t have to waste time staring at the fuzzy screen.
Auto Light Correction
- There is no need to worry about recording in dim light.
- The automatic light correction feature of the webcam will adjust the background light to optimal levels.
- Logitech C922X Pro comes with software that can efficiently replace the background only leaving you in the picture.
- This is a great add-on when you are streaming on slower internet.
Surprise In The Box!
- To add an extra cherry on the top, the package also contains a FREE 3-month XSplit license.
- This can be used to learn some new tricking, for example, text overlays and how to achieve different sound levels with the webcam.
Logitech C922 vs C922X – Find a Verdict
- Although Logitech C922X is an upgrade, it seems that the brand did not make any changes.
However, the only additional perks that come with Logitech C922X Pro webcam is its Xsplit license and clip-on with stronger hinges.
Besides that, Logitech C922 vs C922X are virtually the same products. In fact, the newer one is even missing the tripod stand that most of the customers like.
Finally, we would recommend our readers to go for Logitech C922 if the flexible placement is an issue. However, as the price difference is negligible along with a similar list of features, you are safe with any choice you make.
Do you know any more differences that we have skipped? We would love it if you can chip in! Don’t forget to use the comments section given below.