Are you still confused about what to choose?
Hikvision vs Dahua is the two most know IP cameras brands. Hikvision is the leading in the world of IP cameras with a market share of 17% forecast.
- However, Dahua comes in second place with an estimate of 5.5%.
Both these cameras are among the DIY enthusiasts. Most of the cameras come from the Hikvision, but that is mostly due to the lack of experience when you first got into DIY CCTV.
Both Hikvision vs Dahua produce the products in a similar line and similar in its specification.
That is the reason why people usually compare these two best wireless camera brands with each other. It creates compatibility issues when there is a fear of using both simultaneously.
Hikvision vs Dahua – Comparative Parameter For The Ideals IP Camera
When we talk about the comparison, most people prefer to check its review. If, in the case of Hikvision Vs Dahua, you can get the reviews like just go for the Hikvision.
- But it is good to do details research about it first.
Very few reviews told us that the Dahua id definitely as compared to Hikvision. But they don’t have any logical or particular reason other than that the Hikvision camera a little bit cheaper than the other camera.
Make sure that the wireless router which you choose has the top features because it helps to extend the range of your Wi-Fi coverage area. This also gives better performance to work security camera system.
This article will highlight the reviews and similar features as well as the quality of the video.
- Features: Day Night, Waterproof, Plug and play, Remote Access, Dual Stream, PoE, Motion Detection
- HDCVI 2MP Outdoor Eyeball IR Dome Camera, Max 30fps@1080p
The comparison between these IP cameras is meant to offer valuable information that will let the user decide which camera fits with your requirements.
Brand Name: Hikvision | Model Name: DS-2CD2142FWD-I | Video Capture Resolution: 1080p | Voltage: 220 volts | Memory Storage: 128 GB | Item weight: 1.1 pounds| Product dimensions: 5.4 x 5.4 x 4.5 inches |
This camera can work indoor as well as outdoor. This is because its high ingress protection rating keep it protected again the adverse weather conditions. Check Price from Amazon
Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I IP Review
The Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I IP Camera has a progressive scan CMOS sensor, and it also has 2.8mm/ 4mm/ 6mm fixed with the lens to capture the images with a resolution of 4 MP at 30 fps. The initial version of Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I was released in 2015.
As then, the Hikvision has a number of minor hardware revisions and the lens variant. This article reviewed this model with all its features such as the wide angles 4MP resolution, audio, 2.8 mm lens, and alarm that got manufactured in 2017. This version is out of the box product.
That is the camera housing made of metal, and it feels slightly heavy and sturdy. It comes in two different colors, like black and white. For specific purposes, it can paint with other colors. There are outputs and inputs for its audio components as well as the alarm system.
This Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I IP camera can be powered in two ways, with the power over Ethernet and a suitable PoE switch, or it can be connected with a regular router or switch and get the ability separately.
- It is good as the security camera if you can’t make out the detail in the video it captures. This Hikvision camera supports up to 2688 x 1520 resolution of the video, and this shows the detail that captures the ultra HD clarity.
SD Card Support
- It is convenient for built-in SD Card support that allows you to achieve the HD video internally and ready for the playback anytime directly from the camera. It supports the storage cards up to 128 GB.
- This camera facilitates you to view your live cam feeds on the mobile device anywhere from the world by using the Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I that is also available for the Google play store and App store.
Easy DIY Installation
- Hikvision is the number one installation for the security of professional the world over. You don’t need to be an expert to install Hikvision by yourself if you know how to use a screwdriver then you are qualified.
Power: DC12V or PoE
- You can power your Hikvision camera through DC12V; then, you can take advantage of Ethernet’s power. This means that you can use the same network cable for both powering your camera and video.
Dual Stream Video
- As a full HD video stream, the Hikvision cameras features for the second video sub-stream that you can independently adjust the data and resolution rates to help reduce the network congestion.
3D Digital Noise Reduction
- Hikvision cameras use the 3D digital noise reduction to enhance the video images even in low-light conditions digitally. 3D DNR can also be used to improve the overall quality of video and save bandwidth.
Wide Dynamic Range
- Hikvision also uses the propriety WDR technology to overcome the issues that also cause some cameras to capture the overexposed foreground and dark background.
- It is waterproof. When water enters into its jets then there is an enclosure from any direction that don’t have any harmful effects and neither it will get affected from sun rays.
- It has the highest possible rating. Therefore, it protects against the joules impact that is equal to 5 kg of mass dropped from 400 mm above the impacted surface.
Brand Name: Dahua | Model Name: HAC-HDW1220M | Resolution TVL: 2MP | Voltage: 12 V DC | Focal length: 3.6 mm | Item weight: 12.3 ounces | Product dimensions: 4.45 x 4.37 x 4.25 inches |
It has HDCVI technology for transmission at long distance with no loss. It supports the 1080P and 720P transmission through coaxial cable and up to 300m or 450m through UTP cable. Check Price from Amazon
Dahua HAC-HDW1220M Review
Dahua HAC-HDW1220M has the experience of 1080P full HD quality video and the simplicity of using its existing infrastructure cabling with HDCVI. It has a resolution of 1080P starlight that give a high-quality image with each and every details even in the low-light conditions.
The lite series features also have an affordable price and compact design. It offers multiple motorized fixed and focal lens models with multi-language HD/SD and OSD switchable output. Its structure has the flexibility and high rate performance. It makes the camera an ideal choice for SMB solutions.
4 Signals over 1 Coaxial Cable
- This technology camera supports the four signs that need to be transmitted over coaxial cable simultaneously, for example, video, data, audio, and power.
- It is equipped with a dual way to transfer the date and allow the camera to interact with XVR ray to send the control signal and then triggering the alarm. Moreover, this technology supports PoC for construction flexibility.
- Dahua has the latest technology that inherits the features with simplicity along with the traditional surveillance system. It makes it the best choice for the protection of investment.
- The method of HDCVI can conveniently upgrade the traditional analogue system without replacing it with the existing coaxial cabling. Its play and plug approach enables the full HD video surveillance with no hassle of configuring a network.
- With its adoption of the high-performance sensor, the camera can give exceptional performance even under the extreme low-light environment. Its starlight feature allows to show the details with accuracy and catch the colours that can also be recognized at night with a limited amount of illumination.
- It has the design that is set in a way with LED illumination for giving the best light performance. Smart IR is the technology to make sure about the brightness uniformity between the image under low illumination.
- Dahua is the unique smart IR that adjust to intensify the infrared LEDs in a way to compensate for the distant objects. It prevents the IR LEDs from keeping it safe from overexposing the images as the object comes closer to the camera.
- This Dahua camera gives to support those video formats that include CVBS, HDCVI, and other most usual the analogue formats in the camera market.
- These four formats can also be switched over the OSD menu. This feature also makes the camera to be consistent with the end-users.
- It has the menu of a multi-language function. This menu includes the configuration such as day/night, backlight mode, privacy mask, white balance, and motion detect. It also supports the 11 languages for the menu, namely English, French, Chinese, etc.
- It has outstanding reliability that is also unsurpassed due to its rugged design. This camera is protected against dust and water that is why can be used outdoor and indoor environments. Its temperature ranges from -40 °C to +60 °C, the camera is designed in a way to bear extremely high temperature.
- This camera suits the most unstable power supply conditions. It gives a 4KV lightning rating that offers protection against the camera. Its structure also affects the lightning.
So we compare the specification and features between Hikvision vs Dahua, both are capable of IP cameras, but it does not have enough differences between them to warrant it a closer look. Hikvision has a quiet small gap with the Dahua on its features.
Hikvision is the vandal-proof dome camera with a range of professional features, most probably the day and night function, dual streaming, digital wide dynamic range, and easy installation. It has the storage of 128GB and an IP66 rated housing to protect the camera from the outdoor weather condition.
Whereas, on the other hand, Dahua is an OEM that is best known for its straight ultra-low light camera. They, of course, have a full line up of products.