Whether you love photographs or you need a printer for office-based use, if you are looking into Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100 it means you want one of the best!
Many of us rely heavily on printer’s use. We mostly want a product that would be less costly in the long run but still capable of producing quality work.
- Borderless, Hi-Def photos up to 13 inch x 19 inch
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and color, 3 of which are dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black & white prints
- Is that too much to ask for?
This is why we thought a good comparison between Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100 is due!
Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100: Quick Overview
Attention! Both of these printers are not ideal for occasional home-based used. They are expensive either in terms of initial price tag or maintenance.
Therefore, if your printer application is mostly limited to a couple of pages in a week, it is better to explore other options instead.
- Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100 have become primary options when talking about professional photo printing.
A basic similarity between the two printers is that they both employ inkjet printing technology to produce up to 13 inches x 19 inches of pictures. However, there are a lot of features in which Epson Artisan seems to take the lead.
For example, this printer has a faster operation (2.8 ppm) as compared to Canon Pixma Pro 100. In addition to that, Epson 1430 also offers a better resolution (5760 x 1440) than Pixma’s 4800 x 2400.
Note! Take a good look at the resolutions again. Do you notice the difference between height and width? This is lesser for Pixma Pro 100 which means the printer will give you a more balanced picture as compared to Epson.
When considering the multiple tanks feature, Canon Pixma Pro takes the lead with its 8 individual tanks.
Moreover, 3 of these are specifically meant for grayscale printing so you can expect amazing results when working with monochrome pictures.
- Epson Artisan is not far behind either!
The printer comes with 6 tanks. On top of that, it works with Claria Hi-Definition ink which is smudge, water, and fade resistant!
Besides that, another feature that makes Canon Pixma more desirable is its OIG (Optimum Image Generating) system with the help of which it produces images with perfect ink combinations depending on the printing mode and the paper type.
The printer work on Claria High-Definition ink that is water resistant, scratch-proof and fade-resistant! Check Price from Amazon
Epson Artisan 1430 Review
Epson Artisan 1430 may seem to take a fairly large space but the weight is surprisingly not much for a thing of this size. The feed is enough to accommodate 100 plain papers at a time or about 30 art sheets.
- Users have loved the Epson for simple and straightforward use.
A control panel at the front has all the buttons for basic functions however it is missing an LCD panel. Besides that, the printer offers flexible connectivity. You can pair it with a wireless network via WiFi or connect with a computer through USB.
Unfortunately, there are no media card slots or Ethernet ports but the printer does connect with mobile devices via the EpsonConnect app.
With Epson, a black cartridge will cost you $20 and a coloured one is priced at $21.50. Adding this to $300 of the printer, it can make the purchase pretty heavy on your pockets.
- However, the cartridges can yield 810 coloured and more than 500 monochrome pages so you can expect them to last a while.
Printer priming in the setup can take a little while. In the meantime, you would need to install the drivers and Adobe Elements 10 (if needed). Although the printer does offer a faster operation than Canon Pixma, it is still pretty slow as compared to the laser printer. It is ALL about the quality here!
Multiple Connectivity Options
- You can pair Epson Artisan 1430 with a wireless network via WiFi (802.11b/g/n) or with computers using a USB connection.
- There is also a PictBridge USB port present that enables linking with Pict-Bridge compatible cameras. However, it does not work with other USB devices or flash drives.
- You can also print to the Artisan with mobile devices by installing the EpsonConnect app.
Full Set of Six Tanks
- Epson Artisan 1430 provide you with 6 individual ink tanks including black, light magenta, cyan, light cyan, magenta, and yellow.
- These are Claria High-Definition inks that resistant to scratch, smudge and water splashes.
- Surprisingly, even the prints on gloss paper do not smudge with water unless you apply more than normal pressure.
Commendable Image Quality
- The printer employs MicroPiezo printhead technology to produce up to 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution.
- It is also equipped with features like light correction and advanced color correction to provide remarkable image output.
ith the help of this system, Pixma produces images with perfect ink combinations depending on the printing mode and the paper type. Check Price from Amazon
Canon Pixma Pro100 Review
Before we begin, let’s make one thing clear; This thing is Heavy, almost back-breaking so you better place it where you need it and don’t plan on moving it around a lot. However, the printer is durable with fold-able trays that give it a compact look.
- The front of the device is equipped with a power button, paper feed button and WPS.
You will face no trouble setting Canon Pixma up for the first time. In fact, if you use the guide properly you will be done with this task in less than 5 minutes.
After you are done with plugging in the printer and connecting printheads, an ink initiation process will start. During this, you should install the drivers and other required software to save time.
Another huge advantage is that the printer supports extra plug-ins and programs, such as Lightroom, to allow for more professional use. It also offers WiFi connectivity for wireless printing.
- Canon Pixma Pro 100 comes with 8 individual inks tanks each has a capacity of 13 ml.
Canon printer relies on ChromalLife 100+ ink and also claims that the images can safely last up to 100 years. Although we can not provide figures to support that, it is true that prints made via Canon Pixma have a very long life especially when kept away from direct sunlight.
- Although the printer is quite heavy, the strong build clearly speaks for its durability.
- When the printer is not in use, you can fold the trays and pack up the whole device nicely for compact storage.
- A solid contact point has been designed between the paper tray and holder so they don’t break when used multiple times.
Extra Plug-ins and Programs
- The printer is compatible with a number of additional plugins for more professional use.
- The most commonly used is the Lightroom plugin that allows for printing photos directly from Lightroom.
- You can also use the Canon Print Studio feature inside Lightroom to print full-resolution images.
- Canon Pixma Pro 100 offers WiFi connectivity for wireless printing but you need to have a compatible router.
- You can also connect the printer via a USB port and provide the networking details manually.
Optimum Color Mix
- This printer is manufactured with an Optimum Image Generating system that allows for a perfect colour tone, light correction and optimum image output.
- Furthermore, the Chroma Optimizer works for perfect surface reflections and ink height. This makes sure that your image has a natural finish.
Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100: Final Verdict
From this comparison, it can be concluded that both Canon Pixma Pro 100 and Epson Artisan 1430 are filled with excellent features. It does not matter which one you choose, the image quality will be superb!
However, Canon Pixma does take the lead in being a cheaper option with less maintenance cost. Also, it is hardly likely to have technical issues such as printhead clogging.
That’s it, folks! This was our detailed comparison of Epson Artisan 1430 vs Canon Pixma Pro 100. Do you wish to add any more detail or provide us with your valuable feedback? Feel free to write away in the comment section below!