You can easily check Verizon port status when porting a new number from another network of the existing Verizon Network. The company will assist you with this by providing a text that contains a link for port follow-ups.
How To Check Verizon Port Status?
Porting a new number on Verizon can take more than a couple of hours. That is why customers often want to keep a check on Verizon port status until the job is complete.
Luckily, Verizon understands the need and provides you with a text message that contains a link through which you can have a follow-up on the status anytime.
● Keep the text saved with you when you begin the porting process.
● Open the text and click on the link to track the port status anytime you want.
● There is no limit on how many times you can check it.
Alternatively, you can check Verizon port status by visiting the Verizon port eligibility website right now. You will be able to track the process once the port is approved. Otherwise, this website will not work.
Tracking through the text link is still more reliable. This is because the website does not give a specific time for task completion.
Nevertheless, keeping an eye on any error that may have occurred on your port request can be handy.
What Is Verizon Port Number?
You can get assistance with Verizon port status by calling 1-888-844-7095. This number will put you in touch with the Port Department and Verizon directly to get the necessary guidance and clarify any other queries.
What Are Verizon Porting Fees?
There is no fee for porting a new number on Verizon. Whether you port the number from a landline or another wireless phone, Verizon will not charge you extra for this service.
Does Porting a Number Renew Contract With Verizon?
Beware that the porting number on Verizon will not renew the contract. So if some months remain on your plan when you port a new number, it will continue as before, and the contract will expire as its duration ends on the new number.
This is a common misjudgment that many users have. However, knowing that the contract does not restart just because you have ported a new phone number with Verizon is important. It will still end as per the expiration date of the contract.
Does It Take Long To Port a Number Take With Verizon?
In the best-case scenario, porting a new number should not take more than 24 hours. It may be finished in just 10 minutes or a couple of hours, but the company has to be cautious, so there are no blunders.
On the other hand, porting a landline number can take up to 10 days.
However, some instances result in delays. This mostly happens when you give inaccurate information such as:
● Wrong account number.
● The wrong PIN is needed to release the phone number.
● Errors in the address or ZIP code.
These mistakes shouldn’t be too difficult to revert. But, they can considerably increase the time spent porting a new number.
Therefore, I would strongly suggest you check all the information thoroughly before submitting it to avoid any delays.
Keep in mind that you will not be able to receive phone calls during the duration when porting is taking place. However, in the case of landline number porting, you can still make calls.
How To Make Verizon Port Happen Quickly?
Porting is a process that most of us want to happen quickly and smoothly. Verizon strives to do just that, but there may be delays sometimes. If this happens, there are a handful of tips to use. Check them out below!
● Make sure you have an alternate phone number for the time it takes to port the number. You will also need a contact number if a Verizon employee needs to talk to you about the port status.
● Have all the important details of your current phone plan before you decide to port a new number.
● Look into Early Termination Fees that will apply if you decide to cancel a plan before the end of its term.
● Provide Verizon service with the correct account number when porting.
● Get a Verizon SIM so that it is completely compatible with Verizon.
● Keep your phone unlocked so that Verizon can port the number successfully.
Why Should You Port Number from Another Network To Verizon?
If you already have a reliable phone service provider, why even consider porting a new number to Verizon?
Clients do that to avail themselves of this company’s extra perks! Trust me when I say Verizon is one of the best wireless service providers in the US. Here’s what you can use after you port the number to Verizon.
● Coverage of almost 2.5 million square miles in the US.
● Uninterrupted services reach 98% of the population.
● A “kids plan” with parental controls and safety mode avoids unnecessary data charges.
● A “shared family plan” designed specifically to cater to multiple users at once.
In a Nutshell
Verizon port status tracking is rather very simple. You need to have the text message that contains the follow-up link. Tap on it whenever you want to see how much of the process is pending and if you think there is a delay longer than anticipated.
Alternatively, you can use the port eligibility website as well, but this only works once the port has been approved.