Netgear and Arris both are famous for producing high-quality devices. This article compares two widely purchased products, that is, Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190.
Choosing a cable requires you to consider several factors. These factors range from modem technology to the number of GigE ports available.
Another important factor is whether the modem has a built-in Wi-Fi or not.
Nevertheless, if your cable modem doesn’t come with Wi-Fi, you may connect any Wi-Fi router via the GigE port. This will route the internet from the modem to all your wireless devices.
Furthermore, you should consult your Cable Internet Provider before making a decision, because not all cable modems a supported by all ISPs.
- Additionally, some cable modems are exclusively for particular cable internet providers.
This article presents a comparison of Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190 cable modems, which are two famous mid-ranged cable modems.
Furthermore, it explores the goods and bad of both modems and helps you make a decision.
Here it goes!
Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190 – Relative Analysis
Modems from Netgear and Arris give a tough competition to each other when compared. However, this article will reveal the similarities and differences between modems from these two manufacturers.
- Furthermore, the Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190 article will help you in arriving at a decision if you are looking for a cable modem.
Starting with modem technology, both modems utilize DOCSIS 3.0 firmware protocol. This allows the modems to handle and transmit internet speeds up to 1 Gbps.
Furthermore, both routers are compatible with several Cable Internet Providers including but not limited to Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum.
Note: These modems are not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, and any bundled voice service.
One of the major difference between the two modems is that Netgear CM600 support cable internet plans up to 400 Mbps, whereas Arris SB6190 can support up to 600 Mbps.
Apart from supporting internet plans, Netgear CM600 can handle maximum download speed of 960 Mbps, while Arris SB6190 is capable of handling 1.4 Gbps.
Another major difference comes from the number of bonded channels for downloading and uploading. Netgear CM600 has only 24×8, while Arris SB6190 features 32×8 Bonded Channels.
- 32×8 Bonded Channels means there are 32 connections available for downloading while 8 for uploading.
Both modems have only one GigE Port through which you may connect any external Wi-Fi router for distributing the internet to all wireless devices. However, you may also attach any other peripheral like Printer, etc.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers. Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
Additionally, both modems feature an easy-setup routine, which requires plugging in some cables and following simple steps.
- You may set up both modems in under 6 minutes.
Till now Arris SB6190 has a bit of edge on Netgear CM600, but the price tag of Netgear CM600 balances that out. Arris SB6190 is a bit expensive than its competitor from Netgear.
I hope this section will help you in making up your mind. However, if you want to have more information on both modems, keep on reading.
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: CM600-100NAS | Firmware Protocol: DOCSIS 3.0 | Internet Plan: Up to 400 Mbps | Channel Bonding: 24×8 | GigE Ethernet Ports: 1 |
Netgear CM600 packages reasonable features at quite a competitive price, making it ideal for home usage. Check Price from Amazon
Netgear CM600-100NAS Review
Netgear CM600 is a budget-friendly cable modem.
It is certified to work with major Cable Internet Providers including Comcast Xfinity, COX, and Spectrum. However, Verizon, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, and Fiber Internet are not supported.
Netgear CM600 features a stylish, all-black net-like exterior. The meshed exterior allows perfect air ventilation, therefore, heating never bothers the working of the cable modem.
The firmware protocol DOCSIS 3.0 allows internet speeds up to 8 times more than DOCSIS 2.0 devices. This allows it to work with up to 400 Mbps internet plans, in addition to handling 960 Mbps of internet download speed.
24×8 Channel bonding allows multiple channels for downloading and uploading, thus allowing several devices to use the internet without facing any drop in speeds.
Furthermore, the Netgear CM600 has only one GigE port, which allows the connection of external devices with the modem. These external devices may include but are not limited to Wi-Fi router, PC, Printer, etc.
- Lastly, Netgear CM600 can be set up through easy-to-follow steps in less than 6 minutes.
Overall Netgear CM600 is an affordable cable modem for normal home use. It offers a competitive feature at a lower price than its competitor.
- The Netgear CM600 has DOCSIS 3.0 firmware protocol implemented in it.
- This protocol allows the modem to handle higher internet speeds than all DOCSIS 2.0 devices.
Multiple ISP Compatibility
- The Netgear CM600 is readily compatible with Comcast Xfinity, COX, and Spectrum Cable Internet Providers.
- Additionally, it supports many other internet providers as well.
- All internet plans up to 400 Mbps are supported by this modem.
- Netgear CM600 features only one GigE Port.
- The maximum downloading speed is capped to 960 Mbps by this ethernet port.
- Additionally, connecting any Wi-Fi router to this port allows the sharing of the internet with all wireless devices.
Lower Price Tag
- The Netgear CM600 has a lower price as compared to Arris SB6190.
- Netgear CM600 features a very user-friendly easy-to-follow setup routine.
- Moreover, anyone can set it up in under 6 minutes.
Brand Name: Arris | Model Number: SB6190 | Firmware Protocol: DOCSIS 3.0 | Internet Plan: Up to 600 Mbps | Channel Bonding: 32×8 | GigE Ethernet Ports: 1 |
Arris SB6190 is one of the fastest DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. It can support internet plans of up to 600 Mbps. Check Price from Amazon
Arris SB6190 Review – Cable Modem
Arris SB6190 offers higher internet speed with 32×8 Channel Bonding.
The Arris SB6190 works along with multiple Cable Internet Providers including Comcast Xfinity, COX, and Spectrum. You can stream UHD videos, play multiplayer games online, in addition to using the internet on multiple devices without any hurdle.
Arris SB6190 has a beautiful white exterior with sufficient room for air ventilation. The modem will further add to the beauty of your room’s décor.
As far as the maximum download speed limit is concerned, the modem can provide speeds as high as 1.4 Gbps, but the GigE port limits this to 1 Gbps. Furthermore, 32×8 Channel bonding helps the modem avoid data congestion when multiple devices are connected.
Like Netgear CM600, the Arris SB6190 also features one GigE port through which external devices may connect to this modem.
Lastly, Arris SB6190 is quite straightforward to set up. You only need to connect the cables and request your ISP to activate your internet plan through the website portal.
Hence, overall Arris SB6190 provides better features than modems of similar tier but at a little bit higher cost.
Advanced Modem Technology
- The Arris SB6190 utilizes DOCSIS 3.0 firmware protocol, which is much faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
- This protocol allows high-speed internet to be routed through this modem.
Multiple ISP Compatibility
- The Arris SB6190 is well-suited for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum Cable Internet Plans.
- Additionally, it supports many other internet providers as well.
- However, only Comcast Xfinity’s 600 Mbps Internet Plan is compatible with this router.
- In contrast, for all other Internet Providers, lower speed plans are compatible.
Internet Speed Limit
- Although 1.4 Gbps cable internet connection can be handled by this modem, it will limit the maximum download speed on the GigE port to 1 Gbps.
Provision For Wi-Fi Routers
- Any Wi-Fi router may be connected via the GigE port with this modem.
- This will allow you to share the internet of the modem with wireless devices.
- Arris SB6190 can be set up in around 5 minutes.
- You just need to follow simple steps to get it running.
- Plug the cable, power it ON, in addition to contacting the ISP to activate your internet, and that’s it.
- Not many modems available in the market come with a warranty for more than 1 year.
- However, Arris SB6190 has a two years extended warranty.
Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190 – Final Verdict
Although it is quite difficult to select a clear winner, this article presented the comparison of Netgear CM600 vs Arris SB6190 to help you out. Netgear CM600 lacks in few features but has a lower price than Arris SB6190.
Therefore, if you want a reasonable set of features, but are running low on budget, then Netgear CM600 would a good choice. However, Arris SB6190 may turn out to be a good long-term investment with slightly better features than Netgear CM600.