Verizon is an impeccable phone service provider. In addition to amazing coverage and signal strength, it promises additional features like cloud service as well. Subscribers who are just signing up for a monthly plan may wonder is Verizon cloud free or not. Let’s find out!
First of All, What Is Verizon Cloud?
Cloud storage is the talk of the town nowadays. Gone is the time when people used to rely on hard disks or USB drives to save the files that they wanted to keep with them for a long.
Now Cloud storage allows you to backup contacts, videos, and photos by simply syncing your device to a particular service.
Similarly, Verizon Cloud is a storage service that you can use to create a secure and easily accessible backup for your files.
Is Verizon Cloud Free to Use For All Subscribers?
Verizon Cloud service comes with subscription plans so you can not avail of it for free. In simpler words, you can get the Cloud storage once you have chosen the subscription for Verizon.
There are no separate charges but you will be paying a monthly fee for whatever plan you decide to go with.
It is possible to get Verizon Cloud after you had already chosen a subscription but forgot to have it integrated into the package. In this case, the price will depend on the amount of storage that you get.
1. Verizon Cloud Free Trial
Fortunately, Verizon does offer a free trial for its Cloud service. You can use it for up to 30 days after which it would ask you to choose a subscription plan to continue.
You will be charged for the service if you don’t select a plan timely and forget to cancel the free trial before the period expires.
2. Verizon Cloud Charges
The charges for the Cloud service depend on which storage option you choose. You can either for a $5.99 per month subscription or up to $19.99 per month subscription.
- You get 600 GB of storage for $5.99 per month. It is available for 1 user and on 1 phone. The backup will be made on the phone as well.
- You get 2 TB of storage for $14.99 per month. There are many additional features for this plan that include a connection unlimited number of devices, phone backup for files, computer backup for files, the ability to share storage, ability to search from your device directly. This plan can be shared with up to 5 people.
- Lastly, you can go for unlimited storage with a $19.99 per month subscription plan. It can also be shared with up to 5 people. Additionally, it offers backup for PC, an unlimited number of devices, backup for phones, and the ability to search on devices.
You can change the subscription plan anytime you want. It is up to you whether you want to upgrade or downgrade the storage amount.
You can also cancel the service altogether without any additional charges.
3. Verizon Plans With Free Cloud Service
There are some Verizon plans that come with integrated Cloud service. This means you will pay for the plan and get the cloud storage as part of the package. This applies to the following subscriptions.
- 5G Get More and 5G Do More but only if you choose the 600 GB option.
- 5G Home Internet with 5G Home Plus.
How To Cancel Verizon Cloud Service?
According to the Verizon Cancellation Policy, you can cancel the Verizon Cloud service in three different ways:
1. Verizon Cloud App
2. My Verizon Website
3. Customer support service
Most people prefer to get it done using the first two methods. If you are using the Verizon website to cancel the subscription, here’s what you need to do.
- Open your Verizon account.
- Then click on My Plans & Services.
- Tap on Manage apps & Products.
- Then select Manager your Products.
- Finally, click on Cloud and choose Remove.
This process should not take more than a couple of minutes. Similarly, you can cancel it using the mobile app as well. The procedure is as follows.
- Open your Cloud app.
- Then click to open the Navigation menu and choose Settings.
- Tap on My Account.
- In the next window, choose Manage Storage or Change Plan.
- Select Delete my Account.
Alternatively, you can contact the Verizon customer support team to guide you through the Cloud cancellation procedure. It is available at 1-800-922-0204.
The line that connects with the representative is at dial 3 and he/she will let you know how to remove Cloud from your account,
Remember that each Verizon account has its Cloud service. So if you are using multiple accounts, you will need to cancel each Cloud subscription. There is no option to cancel them all collectively.
What Are Charges for Verizon Cloud App?
You can download the Verizon Cloud app without any additional charges. However, it is compulsory to have Verizon Cloud service before you can download and use the app.
Once it is available to you, the cloud app can be used on any compatible device whether it be a laptop, PC, or smartphone.
Does Deleting Verizon Cloud Remove Photos and Videos?
You can delete Verizon Cloud if the service is no longer useful for you. It would just require you to cancel the subscription.
However, this should be done from your account directly. Once complete, you will no longer be charged for it.
Also, keep in mind that deleting Verizon Cloud from your device does not delete any photos and videos from the location where they were uploaded.
You would still be able to find it in your phone’s gallery, or personal computer’s memory whenever need be.
In a Nutshell
It is not possible to use Verizon Cloud Service for free but if you go for a specific plan, the storage would be included as part of the package without additional charges.
You can also get it separately by choosing any subscription between $5.99 per month to $19.99 per month. Carefully determine the storage amount that you would need before choosing the plan.