Do you want to stay connected to social media even when away from home? Are you a traveller working in multiple cities?
With the advancement in the field of technology, several mini travel routers launched in the market.
The GL-AR300M review will help you know more about its purpose. You must be thinking of what is a travel router?
It works entirely on the same function as a broadband router. The most distinguishing feature is its portability. GL-AR300M review will be beneficial to make you understand that it falls under the best portable Wi-Fi routers.
To begin with, GL-AR300M review, let me tell you that our team always tries to grab and publish the latest and best information about any product so you can enjoy the perfect piece of information and communicate with us.
GL-AR300M Mini VPN Travel Router
[amazon box=”B01I92T754″ template=”horizontal”]
So, when different mini travel routers introduced in the market, we thought of sharing the relevant information to maintain a comfort level for the reader and those interested in buying it.
[amazon box=”B01K6MHRJI” template=”horizontal”]
If you are still confused about how a travel router works, take a deep breath. We have every solution to your problems.
This mini travel router, also called the GL.iNet GL-AR300M, is a newly invented and beautifully designed router that will definitely, attract you to buy this at once.
Stay connected and keep on reading to know more about it!
Brand Name: GL.iNet | Model Name: GL-AR300M | RAM: 128 MB | Ethernet Ports: 2 | Flash Memory: 16 MB NOR + 128 MB NAND Flash Memory | USB GPIO Control: Present |
The OpenWrt firmware is such an easy-to-perform update that comes already installed in the router. Whenever a new version arrives, the system will notify you. Check Price from Amazon
GL.iNet GL-AR300M Review – Mini VPN Travel Router
GL-AR300M always fits on customers’ expectations. It is the outclass mini device for travelling worldwide or working professionally away from your home. This travel router proved tiny, robust, portable, and very handy that comes with OpenWrt firmware already installed in it.
Can’t understand what’s OpenWrt firmware? It’s a Linux operating system providing full access to a writable file system with complete guidance.
This feature permits you to customize your router using several software packages, probably 2000 in number, and much more offered by the community.
Moreover, GL-AR300M Review enlightens many of its aspects like flexibility, portability, secure router system, maximum storage capacity, and many more such features to its potential users.
Customers shouldn’t worry about the travel router running out of its battery as the GL.iNet provides various battery sources to choose the best among them. In this way, it simplifies the customers to connect to the Internet in a preferably secure manner.
Not only this, but the travel router also converts the cord networks to the wireless connections. You can even make them private as per your convenience. When installing the device, make sure that the router connects to the USB-C end of the cable.
- Also, you would have to provide your own USB Wall Adapter.
Furthermore, the gadget helps users save time by immediately connecting all of the devices with the Wi-Fi router whenever you are switching to a new appliance.
So, you don’t need to go into the trouble of entering the password side by side on all devices. The firmware is so easy to update that any person can do it.
Getting the GL-AR300M review, many people acknowledged that this device overcomes the issue of connecting limited gadgets.
This means you can easily combine several devices like laptops, mobiles, tablets, etc. to your mini Wi-Fi router and use it without any lagging or freezing issues.
Moreover, it arrives with WAN port and LAN port – dual Ethernet ports. The product is very lightweight and handy, making it more suitable for travellers. Besides all the good reviews and pros of GL-AR300M, there seems just a little drawback of this router.
It could be a bit difficult for the non-tech people to use this mini travel router as it requires some special instructions. One can even overtake this downside by thoroughly reading its manual instruction provided.
You won’t regret buying this quality product!
- The mini travel router has the ability to convert and change public networks to the private Wi-Fi connections secure browsing.
- For instance, you have a single Ethernet connection. This router will transform your relationship to multiple devices that you want to get connected to it. Enjoy using it then!
Multiple Power Sources
- Any compact and portable USB can power GL-AR300M. Moreover, you can secure your connection with power banks or other DC adapters (5V) too.
- The list doesn’t end here! You can run it through AC powers or influencing it by laptops too.
- The device comes pre-installed with OpenWrt firmware.
- It is a Linux-based personalized operating system for lodged devices. It is a static firmware, but it is also a flexible Linux distribution that permits different applications to be added or removed with the thorough package guidance system.
Pre-loaded OpenVPN client
- An already installed OpenVPN client is present, which facilitates creating a client-server relationship and provides the ability to connect the users with more than 20 VPN.
- This open-source relationship allows users to verify and authenticate each other using the usernames/passwords, or any other mutual password keys.
High-Performance Wi-Fi Speed
- The mini travel router is associated with a high-performance Wi-Fi speed, which makes this product an exclusive on.
- It covers a wide range of speeds within a limit of 300 Mbps, which is more than enough to connect multiple devices all at once.
Extended USB Disk
- The extended USB disk feature helps to provide extra storage capacity to the USB disk, which can be easily attached to the router.
Compatibility With 3G/4G
- GL-AR300M not only connects with Ethernet ports but also is compatible with 3G and 4G connections.
Sufficient Storage Capacity
- The device comes equipped with 128 MB of RAM, 16 MB of NOR flash memory, and 128 MB of NAND flash memory.
- This provides enough extensibility and maximum storage capacity.
Dual Ethernet Ports
- This Wi-Fi router offers dual Ethernet ports for users’ ease – 1 WAN & 1 LAN service.
UART and GPIO Availability
- UART and GPIO are available for DIY hardware. They help in creating a connection with displays, diodes, sensors, and modules, etc.
- The lightweight device of only 39 g (1.41 oz) makes it highly portable, handy, and suitable for pockets.
- Now, you can travel anywhere in the world without any tension of not getting an Internet connection.
- The router gives an open and programmable source to the users.
Inside The Package
- The company makes sure that the users find it friendly to use the device.
- So, the package comes with a GL-AR300M mini router along with USB cable and a user manual. They, undoubtedly, provide a one-year warranty.
- It works well while connecting it to a webcam. Users can enjoy the expandable webcam feature with the portable router.
GL.iNet GL-AR300M – Final Verdict
So, what did you conclude after the GL-AR300M Review? I am pretty sure you found the article informative and cleared all of your confusion regarding the mini travel router, right?
Almost all of the features of the router are remarkable and very impressive, enhancing its worth.
Convenient and reliable features are sufficient enough for any customer to spend money on it. No doubt, every product comes with the pros and cons, but with this specially designed router, the downsides are manageable. In the end, the decision is always yours.