None of us are working with just a single device that needs internet connection. In addition to WiFi that support multiple devices, hotspot as become need of the era as well. If you happen to be a Verizon user, you might be wondering does Verizon Unlimited data include hotspot or you have to pay extra fees for this service? Let me tell you how this works!
Are There Fees For Using Hotspot With Verizon?
There are no fees for using the mobile hotspot in any of the Verizon devices but you must have data packages to back it up. These are included in the monthly plans and some of the prepaid plans offered by Verizon.
Moreover, the data used with hotspot counts against your premium data speed monthly limit as per the mobile hotspot policy of 2022. You will see a visible decrease in the speed once you cross the 25 GB or 50 GB limit.
Does Verizon Unlimited Data Include Hotspot In The Package?
As it turns out, Verizon Unlimited data does include hotspot in the list of services but that does not mean you are without limitations and certain restrictions.
If you intend to use hotspot in this package, here are a few things that you should keep in mind.
- The data consumed in Mobile hotspot counts against the monthly data allowance given to you.
- There can be a reduction in speed when you the premium data limit.
- The speed reduction depends on which plan you were using.
- Mobile hotspot, in general, drains data quickly.
- There are fair chances you will run out of premium data package quicker than you though if you frequently use the hotspot.
Is There Additional Charge If You Exceed Verizon Hotspot Data Limit?
The best part about Verizon Mobile hotspot service is that there are no additional changes when you exceed the monthly package since users are allowed unlimited hotspot use throughout their subscription.
This is just another advantage of singing up for a prepaid plan with Verizon.
When you choose the monthly prepaid plan, Verizon will provide you with hotspot through 5F Ultra wideband, 4G LTE or 5G Nationwide networks.
Obviously, hotspot is not the only thing that you will be getting. There are additional services that vary with the plan that you choose.
It is best to consider what the entire package contains before finalizing a subscription. Nonetheless, hotspot would almost always be part of the deal.
Similarly, if you go for Verizon Unlimited plan, it will have high-speed data allowance as well.
However, this is premium allowance and anything above it may result in reduced hotspot speed although the service would still be available. The data speed normally offered are:
- 25 GB
- 50 GB
How To Get Verizon Hotspot?
Verizon Hotspot is available for both, Android and Apple device. The procedure may vary to some extent.
It is very easy to activate Hotspot feature on Android devices. All you need to do is:
- Open Settings on your device.
- The click on Network & Internet.
- Choose Hotspot & Tethering in the next step.
- After that select WiFi Hotspot from the list of options.
- Click on Bluetooth Toggle to turn it on.
- Choose name for the Hotspot device.
- Designate a password and confirm.
Similarly, you can get the hotspot service on iPhone as well.
- Open Settings on your Apple device.
- Then click on Cellular.
- Select Cellular data by clicking on the Toggle next to it.
- Click on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the toggle on Allow Others To Join.
- Customize the settings for the hotspot.
- Choose a password for your network and confirm.
What Are Monthly Charges For Verizon Hotspot Device?
The charges are associated with data plan that you choose for you device. There are a couple of options on the table.
- The Essential plan costs $20 per month and provides 15 GB of premium data.
- Plus plan charges $40 per month and offers 50 GB of premium data speed.
- Pro plan has charges of $60 per month and provides 100 GB of premium data.
- The premium plan has a fee of $80 per month and get you 150 GB of high speed internet connection.
You will get unlimited data at a lower speed once the premium limit is reached. Moreover, these options will be available to you once you have signed up with Verizon Unlimited plan.
What Are The Verizon Devices With Mobile Hotspot?
Almost all the Verizon devices host Mobile Hotspot except the models that are significantly older. They were not designed to be compatible with Mobile Hotspot feature so the functionality is missing.
Other than that, all other devices are up-to-date with the hotspot feature. These include:
- Smartphone devices
- Basic cell phones
- All phones released in the last few years.
Can You Connect Additional Devices To Verizon Hotspot?
Verizon allows you to connect additional devices to a single source of network. However, there is a limited depending on which mobile phone you are using.
The best of phones let you connect up to 10 devices at a time but even with older models and cheaper options, you can connect 5 additional devices to Verizon Mobile Hotspot.
The Device Support Page can give you more information on the number of additional connections that a particular mobile phone can support.
Can You Buy Verizon Devices With Mobile Hotspot?
When it comes to Verizon Hotspot connection, you have two options. Ether you can purchase Verizon Unlimited Data hotspot to turn you other electronic devices in to a WiFi Hotspot or you can simply a Verizon Mobile Hotspot device.
The latter option are specifically designed and therefore, a bit more expensive. You can consider buying devices like Inseego MiFi M2100 that gives commendable performance under budget.
In a Nutshell
Verizon Unlimited data plan includes Mobile Hotspot and so it does not charge additional fee for hotspot usage. Other than that, most mobile cell phone plan and prepaid plans have free Mobile Hotspot feature as well. Nonetheless, you have to be careful with data usage as hotspot pairing can drain it quickly. You will also get lower speeds when the premium data limit expired.