Verizon features are not just limited to cell phone functionality. You can make use of free Verizon Cloud Coverage and multiple insurance packages but at the same time, there are perks that other wireless companies do not offer. Let me answer does Verizon offer roadside assistance and if yes, what are the charges?
Can You Get Roadside Assistance With Verizon?
Verizon has a Roadside Assistance program online that you can sign up for as long as you are an eligible use with a Verizon smartphone.
The service is available all around the clock and on all 7 days of the week. It can cater to common fixes such as car battery dying, flat tires, etc.
Does Verizon Offer Roadside Assistance Immediately?
When you sign up for roadside assistance with Verizon, the feature does not activate immediately on your account. You will have to wait for 48 hours before you get enrolled and start getting the benefits of the plan.
In a situation where assistance is required before 48-hour window finishes, you can contact Verizon and request it in exchange for $89.95 per request. This fee will obviously not be applied when the assistance activates on your account.
How Do You Get Roadside Assistance With Verizon?
After your plan is activated, all you have to do is call Verizon when you need any assistance on the road with your vehicle.
The helpline in this case is 1-87-Roadside from any phone or you can simply dial #7623 from the registered device.
In any case, it is compulsary that the Verizon phone with the plan is present at the site where assistance is required.
When your call is put through to the relevant department, it will require you to submit certain information. This is how it works.
- Provide the location or a nearby location to the team.
- Share any other information that may help them find you.
- Tell them about the Vehicle you are driving, registration number, color, model, etc.
- Request them to provide you with estimated time of arrival and the phone number of the company that will be coming in to help.
How To Confirm That You Have Enrolled For Verizon Roadside Assistance?
I am not sure if you get a notification after activating Verizon Roadside Assistance. However, if you are not sure whether the service is active or not, you can check it by following the guidelines below.
- Login your Verizon account online or in app.
- Check the list of features in your device plan.
- Confirm that roadside assistance is mentioned there.
- Alternatively, call the customer support service and request for account details.
- They will share the assistance feature if it is activated.
Do You Have To Show ID When Getting Roadside Assistance From Verizon?
There is no identification requirement when using this service from Verizon. That is because the package is not provided to you, instead is offered on a particule phone device.
As long as you have the phone with package on it, no further verification is needed.
However, in case you are able to show the proof of phone when the help team arrives, Verizon will charge you $89.95 fee for the service.
Is Verizon Roadside Assistance Free of Charges?
Think of the Roadside Assistance as an additional feature that you have to pay for if you decide to sign up for it. Also note that it is not a cheap service to have at your disposal all the time.
As per the recent policy, Verizon will charge you $4.99 per month per line. Obviously these charges will build up if you want to get the service for each family member.
Moreover, it takes up to 48 hours to activate it. Any assistance requested in this time-frame will charge $89.95.
Lastly, the phone on which Verizon package is activated should be present with the vehicle on the site where assistance is required. Otherwise, you will have to pay $89.95 for the service.
What Is Included In Verizon Roadside Assistance Package?
The assistance package offered by Verizon covers a lot common situations that we often find ourselves in when travelling. These typically include the following.
- Removal and replacement of a flat tire.
- Winching needs.
- Towing vehicle for up to 10 miles without any charges.
- Charging up a dead car battery.
- Delivering you with up to 3 gallons of gas/diesel as per your requirement.
- The package covers for Verizon users in Canada, States, and Puerto Rico.
There are two important things to keep in mind when utilizing the roadside assistance that Verizon offers.
First of all, this package is allotted to your device and not personally to YOU or your account. This means, anyone with the phone with Verizon roadside assistance plan can get above-mentioned help in times of need. You can lend the phone to your family and friends as well!
Secondly, the package does not specify the vehicle that it covers. You don’t have to be in your own car to get help. Rental cars or a vehicle you borrowed from a friend are also eligible as long as you have the device.
There is some confusion about a few vehicles that I will discuss with your shortly.
Any RV that is below 10,000 pounds and enrolled in Verizon plan will be covered in Roadside Assistance when you make request for the service.
Motorcycles will be covered in Verizon Roadside Assistance package if the device which has activated plan is present alongside the vehicle when the service request is made.
Can You Cancel Verizon Roadside Assistance?
You are free to cancel the Verizon roadside assistance anytime you want. If you think it is no longer useful for you, here’s what you can do to unsubscribe.
- Open your account on app or on website.
- Then tap on More.
- After that choose Add-ons and Apps.
- You will have verify your identity through password, fingerprint, or Face ID.
- In the next section, look for Roadside Assistance feature.
- Then click on it and tap Manage.
- You will now see the the option to un-enroll from the service.
- Click on Terms & Conditions statement.
- Then tap on Confirm and complete the process.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and the change will be processed.
In a Nutshell
You can get Roadside Assistance with Verizon in just $4.99 per month. However, the service takes 48 hours to activate so there will be additional charges if you request for it beforehand. All vehicles are covered in this plan as long as it is in US, Puerto Rico, and Canada and the phone with the package is with the vehicle at the time of request.