It’s 2021 and everybody is into wireless speakers for amazing music experiences, many speakers like the most common Bose SoundTouch 30 vs Sonos Play 5, stand out for these features.
The users are often looking for budget-friendly choices that have superior usability and higher sound quality.
Your search brought you to the right place. Boss Soundtech 30 vs Sonos Play 5 both are two-way speakers that are available for less than $400.
They are meant for audio enthusiasts who are looking for fantastic bluetooth speakers. On top of that, they offer good Bluetooth connectivity, are easily portable, and have quality sound output.
Bose SoundTouch 30 vs Sonos Play 5 – Comparison Summary
You can’t go wrong in choosing between Bose Soundtech 30 vs Sonos Play 5 as both of them are reliable options. They only have slight differences in their profile but neither of them will disappoint you.
Now let us have a comparison between the two in more detail!
Enjoy the freedom to play different music on each speaker in separate rooms. Take control of the volume and party! Check Price from Amazon
Bose SoundTouch 30 Review
Bose itself has been an outstanding name in the market of audio accessories. The extended features and powerful designs show exactly how it has marked its presence amidst innumerable brand names.
The manufacturers have paid special attention to the details and functionality so the speakers are fun to use and the music is a joy to listen to. With the strong built and robustness, SoundTouch 30 has made it to few top spots in the market.
- Its design just demands attention and praise. Although it is a bit larger in size as compared to Sonos Play 5, other features that come with the size and weight are worth it.
- The speakers have a prominent logo and OLED display that shows the name of the ongoing track.
- Control buttons are distinguishable on the top.
- Many users have complained about the dire lack of a play/pause button. As for the colors but you have an option to choose between black and white.
- As a music lover, you might want to enhance your experience by making a whole-home audio system. Both Bose and Sonos offer this feature.
- Bose SoundTouch 30 has proven to be a better pick in this case as it is larger in size which is makes it louder.
- It gets even better when linked with other Bose speakers but even one is enough to fill the room with your favorite tunes.
- Bose SoundTouch includes a remote in the package. The programmable buttons on the speaker can be synced to your most played stations.
- SoundTouch 30 offers Bluetooth connectivity which is a must-have nowadays.
- Both Sonos Play 5 and Bose SoundTouch 30 have Ethernet ports and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Do you have a voice-enabled device such as Amazon Alexa? Then SoundTouch 30 has another amazing catch for you in stock.
- You can pair these speakers with the device but be the boss of your Bose speaker by simply giving verbal commands.
- This makes the whole experience more enjoyable and definitely more convenient for those who do not want to be stuck using a physical remote.
Amazing Sound Quality
- When it comes to sound quality, Bose is a clear winner in terms of less distortion and raw decibels. Some users have pointed out that the frequencies get mixed up when changing volume.
- There is no sound distortion and the bass is amazing! Your listening experience with Bose SoundTouch 30 will be beyond anything that other similar speakers in the market can offer.
Compatibility with range of streaming services is a catch especially for music lovers living in geo restricted areas. Check Price from Amazon
Sonos Play 5 Review
Sonos Play 5 is an outstanding speaker for a music lover who is looking for something extra. Although it will not be a budget-friendly choice, it is designed to be an answer to all your music problems and more.
You can choose to place the speaker vertically without affecting the sound quality. It is an exceptional speaker with incredible bass and a healthy ecosystem. It is a clear win for pure sound quality especially if you are into listening to lighter music.
- If you do not want to compromise on the aesthetics of your home then Sono Play 5 will blend in perfectly with the background.
- It has a compact design with an all-black exterior finish. The touch control buttons on top make for easy use regardless of where you decide to put the speaker.
- The wireless speaker is fit for use horizontally or vertically. There is also a white version if you want additional characters. Beauty to behold!
- You can link Sonos speakers with the smart Sonos controller app. This is available on Mac, PC Android as well as iOS.
- You can further integrate the app with up to 50 other music and sports-related applications. For example, Spotify, Bandcamp, Apple Music, etc. This gives you access to a large range of audios present on the web.
- The app would also let you manage room control throughout your house.
- You can set different moods, or group rooms together to play the same music but even different music in each part of the house.
- The app lets you manage the volume of each speaker separately allowing for easy, more controlled use.
- This may not sound like a big catch but it makes a huge difference for people running short on space in their entertainment setup.
- You can choose to place Sonos Play 5 either horizontally or vertically.
- The device will automatically detect the current position and activate the required mode that is mono or stereo.
- Sonos Play 5 is compatible with almost any streaming service that you can name. If you are into streaming music then this is the perfect choice for you.
- This is a real catch especially if you live in a country that only has few restricted streaming options available.
- Bose SoundTouch 5, on the other hand, is only able to connect with a handful of popular streaming channels including Pandora, Deezer, Spotify, Apple Musics, and Amazon Music.
- Sonos Play 5 offers direct streaming from YouTube. It also supports AirPlay.
- Are you a dedicated iPhone user? Then you will have access to the TruePlay feature which lets you adjust tones according to the mood and environment.
- Mess around and fix your own settings with this amazing pair of speakers free of any restrictions!
Bose SoundTouch 30 vs Sonos Play 5: Quick Comparison Guide
After reviewing the features of both speakers in detail, quickly grab the one with the help of this table.
|Bose Soundtouch 30||Sonos Play 5|
|Volume||19294.2 cm3||9742.22 cm3|
|Streaming services||8||Over 30|
|Controls||Remote + App||App only|
|Woofer||1 x 4.4 inches||3 x 4 inches|
|Tweeters||2 x 2 inches||1 x 1 inches|
|Connectivity||WiFi, Ethernet||WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth|
Bose SoundTouch 30 vs Sonos Play 5 – Final Verdict
There is no clear winner here. The final choice would depend on your preferences as both speakers are stacked with amazing features that are hard to say no to.
Sonos Play 5 is an inconspicuous speaker that is light weighted and offers a high degree of control. It supports almost all streaming services. You can not pass on this speaker especially if you are an Apple user due to its remarkable TruePlay feature.
On the other hand, SoundTouch 30 is loud with a magnificent bass response. Either way, you can get your hands on an amazing pair of speakers well below $500.