Most cell phone providers have special offers for military members and Verizon is not lagging behind either.
Not only does Verizon offer a military and Veteran discount but the waived off charges that you can avail off here are better than you will find with any other service providers in the US!
Can You Avail a Military and Veteran Discount With Verizon?
Yes, you can avail a military discount at Verizon as long as you are an active military person or a veteran.
This discount can not be extended to family members and the exact amount depends on a couple of things such as:
- Verizon plan that you purchase.
- The number of lines you add to your account.
However, even with the least amount of discount, you can save up to $10 on monthly bills. You will also have to pay reduced prices for Verizon accessories regardless of where you shop, online or in-store.
Keep in mind that you need to be Verizon account owner and sign up for the discounts from the account to be eligible for any such offer.
Moreover, all branches of military service are included for the discounts. These include the following.
- Military reserves.
- National Guard.
- Gold Star Families.
- Commissioned officers.
Now let’s take a look at things included under the discounts offers.
1. Verizon Accessories
Accessories are also covered under Verizon discounts for military and veteran. Some of the offers that it has currently are listed below.
- You can get 25% off on the orders that you place through My Verizon account.
- Furthermore, it is possible to avail 10% off on any purchase made at Verizon store location.
2. Verizon Unlimited Plans
Verizon Unlimited plans are also covered under military discounts. You can avail reduced prices on:
- 5G Start and Play More.
- 5G Do More.
- and 5G Get More.
3. Discount For Military Spouse
The military discount that Verizon offers is only for military members who are also Verizon account owners. These discounts and promotional offers can not be extended to family members, relatives, or even military spouse.
4. Verizon FIOS Discount
There is a military discount on Verizon FIOS as well for new member as well as the current ones. However, the exact discount depends on which internet service you choose. Some of the existing offers are as listed below.
- Military personnels can get get discounts between $5 to $15 per month.
- The set up fee of $99 is waived off for active military customers and veterans is you order the service online.
- Moreover, those with eligible FIOS plan can add the military discount on top of the plan without changing it.
What Additional Perks Does Verizon FIOS Has For Military Members?
Verizon FIOS has perks for military members other than the discounts that I have mentioned above. You can always sign up with this service if you like.
As there are no contracts, you can also cancel the subscription when it does not suit your needs anymore. There are no early termination fees or penalty charges for closing the account before the end date of subscription.
So some of the perks that you can enjoy with FIOS plan include the following:
- Access to Verizon gift cards ranging in value between $50 to $200.
- Discounts on monthly Unlimited Wireless plan between $10 to $20.
- Discounts up to $5 per month on services like Home Device Advisor or Digital Home Phone.
- 1 year of free subscription and then discounted rates of $8.99 per year for Disney Plus.
- 1 year of free subscription and then discounted rates of $8.99 for AMC Plus.
- Bonus credit of $500 for new FIOS users if you are switching from a different network. These are awarded so you can cater to early termination fees.
Do You Need To Fill Form At Verizon For Military Discount?
You have to validate your eligibility for military and veteran discount at Verizon before you can avail of any such offer.
In order to do this, Verizon will request you to use the DD Form 214. You can simplify the procedure of registering for the discount by using ID.me verification portal. Let me show you how that works.
- Open the Verizon Website Military Discount page by clicking on this link.
- In another tab, open ID.me portal and register your account there.
- Then come back to Verizon’s website and tap on Get Started.
- The website will automatically draw your credentials from ID.me verification.
- Wait for the validation procedure to take place.
- The website will then redirect you to the Discount page.
- Here sign up as a new customer or proceed as existing one if you already have Verizon account.
- Follow on-screen instruction to apply for the military discount with Verizon
How Much Does Verizon Offer a Military and Veteran Discount?
It is not possible to determine the exact amount of discount that you can avail of with Verizon as a military person. Some of the factors that contribute to discount offers are discussed here.
- The discount depends on the Verizon plan that you have.
- Moreover, it takes into account how many phone lines you are using.
- Single device may get you discount up to $10 only but having multiple devices per account will allow you to avail discount as much as $25.
- If you have 4 lines, it would score you $20 discount per account.
- Unlimited Verizon plans like Beyond Unlimited and Go Unlimited will score you $15 off on all purchases.
For those who created and verified their military account with Verizon before August 2019, there is an additional benefit. You can keep the existing discount amount at all times.
In a Nutshell
Verizon does offer a military discount to active military members and veterans who are also Verizon account owners. If you happen to be one, you can avail discounts of up to $25 per month but the amount depends on which Verizon plan you are using and the number of lines you have on your account. These discounts and promotional offers can not be extended to family members, relatives, or even military spouse.