Discord is a free video, audio, and text messaging software that is used by people all over the world.
People all over the world use it to chat about a variety of topics, such as playing sports, discussing school assignments, or spending quality time with friends.
This app helps you to build communities with your friends so that you can have your own space where you can chat, spend time with your friends, play games, and have discussions.
That is why discord spell check is so important. There are also open forums for users to join if they want to play games like Minecraft or Fortnite.
- The user can monitor the interactions and their app experience by controlling the conversations.
- Users adore Discord because it allows them to enter groups based on their interests and hobbies.
There is no news feed to browse through; instead, users can share their screen and stream various games on the app, with other users being able to enter their stream based on their preferences.
But when errors such as discord too quiet, discord preview not working, and discord spell check not working occur, they ruin the layers game and interest.
Why Doesn’t Discord Spell Check Work?
If you type quickly and make errors in spelling, then the discord spell check function is a godsend since it autocorrects the user’s incorrect spelling, allowing the user to be freer and not have to spell each word carefully.
Many people would benefit from this feature that tests spelling because they type quickly and make many spelling mistakes.
However, several users have complained to the company about discord spell check not working.
Many users are disappointed because the feature does not auto-check the spelling, so they must be cautious when typing and double-check the spelling.
Notifications on Discord that it is not working is quite easy to solve.
How Do I Fix Discord Spell Check When It Doesn’t Work?
If you’re someone who spends a lot of time typing, spell check can seem like a godsend.
Simply put, spell check helps users to correct themselves when they type something incorrectly. Unfortunately, users have stated that their spell check in Discord is not working.
There’s no need to be concerned if you’re one of the people who’s irritated by the same problem.
Today, we’ll show you how to repair the discord spell check not working problem in various ways.
Method #1: Double-Check That The Feature Is Turned On
For the function to work, you must first ensure that this step is complete. For this procedure, the following steps should be taken:
- You must make sure that the function is activated in Microsoft Settings.
- Check the typing settings in “Microsoft Settings” to see if the function is turned on.
- Make sure that both the “Highlight misspelled words” and “Autocorrect misspelled words” options are activated.
- If the function is activated, try disabling it and then activating it again to see if it works.
Method #2: Restarting The App
The second option for users to try to resolve this issue of discord spell check is to restart the program
- Close the app that is currently active.
- Restart the app once more for the feature to take effect.
- This will aid in the removal of any bugs that might exist in the software.
Method #3: Restarting Windows
Restarting Windows is another tool that can help. This problem may be caused by a Windows update issue.
Restarting Windows may assist in the upgrading of a few features that can assist in the resolution of the problem.
Open the app after restarting Windows to see if the function has started to work. To start Windows, perform the following steps:
- To begin, press the “Windows” button in the lower-left corner of the screen to bring up the start menu.
- Then press the “Power” button.
- To restart Windows, choose the “Restart” or “Reboot” option from the drop-down menu.
Method #4: Reinstall The App
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, the user’s last option is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
Be sure to uninstall and cache any files that might have remained on your device after you’ve deleted the app.
Reinstall the software after ensuring that all of the app’s files have been deleted from the device.
Now open the app to see if the functionality is operational or not. The measures for deleting and reinstalling the app are as follows:
- Go to “Settings” to uninstall the package.
- Then choose “System” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Apps and Features” from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the app and select the “Delete” button.
- Then confirm the deletion.
To Reinstall The App, Follow These Steps
- Type discordapp.com into your web browser.
- Then, on your laptop or PC, choose the operating system, such as Windows.
- Then choose “Download Now.”
- In the download bar, the file “Discordexe” will appear.
- To open the file, simply press it.
- When the pop-up box appears, select the option “Run” to have the app begin running.
ON MACOS AND WINDOWS 8+, THE DISCORD SPELLING CHECKER IS AVAILABLE:
On macOS and Windows 8+, users can customize this option.
- To customize the languages for which the function can check the spelling on macOS, go through the steps below. You can configure the language you want the checker to spell the words correctly by going to Keyboard – Text – Spelling – Setup. The majority of languages are pre-installed on the operating system.
- For Windows, you must search the Language Settings for the languages you require, and if you require another language, the function can check the spelling. After you’ve installed it, double-click it to make sure Basic Typing is activated before using the function.
- You can also spell the words in your way so that the function can search for them for you. You can easily add and remove the words that you want to spell correctly, so the function doesn’t have to verify it because you provided the word spell. After that, you can add it to the dictionary so that you can spell it anytime you want without having to use the spell-checking and correction features.
If your discord spell check isn’t working, we strongly advise you to try one of the three solutions we’ve given in this post. This will assist you in resolving the issue without any complications.
For more information and guidance regarding discord issues, look into our carefully crafted articles that will surely help you fix these errors!