If you are looking for a device that can keep you connected with your family while traveling, your search ends with a travel router.
Today, you need to stay connected wherever you go. The fast Internet is the only source that helps you to communicate with your loved ones, no matter how far you are.
When you travel abroad, it is possible that your hotel room has no internet connection at all. Or maybe they have a wired one. You will have to stick to a place to get online.
However, having a travel router by your side makes everything easy. So, now I am going to answer the question of What is a travel router? how does a travel router work?
Travel routers work as a time saver for you because you will not have to compromise your mobility to use them.
You will not have to rush here and there to ask for the hotel wifi passwords because it will create a network only for your devices.
There are so many companies that are manufacturing some of the best travel routers. Some of the leading travel router manufacturers are TP-Link, NetGear, D-LINK, TRENDnet, RAVPower, iNet, and Hoo Too.
Top Brands of Portable Travel Routers
[amazon box=” B07GBXMBQF” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=” B07P5QDQ1B” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=” B00TQEX8BO” template=”horizontal”]
So, what is a travel router actually? Let us specify so that you can better understand how it works.
What Is A Travel Router?
A travel router is almost like a broadband router. The only difference is that it is compact enough to fit in your pockets.
Travel routers are also called mobile routers because of their size and portability. If you are one of those people who are still unaware of the wonders of a travel router, you should definitely buy one.
It helps you stay connected without any interruptions even on the road or on a mountain hike. Getting connected to public wifi was never so easy and secure before travel routers.
There is a difference between a travel router and a portable router. No doubt that a travel router is also portable, but with a slight difference.
- It is important to know what you are buying. A portable wifi device will need a sim card insertion to catch signals from public wifi.
- However, a travel router is just like a mini broadband router. You have to connect it through a plug and you are good to go.
- Travel routers are a safer choice to use when you are traveling because it keeps your personal data secure.
- You will have to consider some specific features for your own satisfaction. The first thing to see is that the travel router must be compact in size.
- Check if it fits in your pocket because you will be needing it all the time with you. The other thing is its portability.
- Travel routers are wireless, which means you can carry them anywhere without the risk of getting disconnected.
- Make sure that your travel router has a built-in battery so that you will not worry about its charging. T
- The finest travel routers have access points. It means that they can easily convert a wired network into a wireless one through multiple device connections.
How Does A Travel Router Work?
The way a travel router work is so simple. If you already have a wireless router at your home, you will know.
Just like any other router, a travel router converts wifi signals and transmits them to your device. When you check into a hotel room, all you have to do is plug in your travel router and connect your devices with their SSID and password.
A travel router creates a separate network for your devices. You will not connect to any public wifi openly.
This indirect connection between the wifi signals and your devices keeps your data safe from leaking or getting hacked. With a travel router, you will not need to spend a lot on your data plans and hotspot packages.
Keeping your devices connected with a secure network should be the first priority, and this is what a travel router offers. Stay connected wherever you go, but do it smartly with travel routers!