Getting a smooth and reliable internet connection can be quite a challenge nowadays.
Not that the internet is a hard to access facility, but the hacking issues and regular illegal breaching makes it a difficult thing to use without a risk factor.
Don’t feel like a slug or sloth when you are trying to watch a video or trying to get a connection to make a video call to your new client.
Boosters are deemed to be the most convenient to expand the amplification power of your internet providing you a lag-free WiFi.
Whether you are working in an office or using internet home, there will be places where you will find it hard to get stable signals through your wiFi device.
Especially, if you are living in an area or working where the population is dense, you will experience more dead zones, such as the top floors of your building or the balcony and backyard of your house.
Let’s have a detailed overlook at what a wifi booster is, and how does it actually work.
What Is A WiFi Booster?
If you are thinking of what a wifi booster actually is, let us tell you; A wifi booster is actually a device that boosts the wifi signals by amplifying the existing signals for transmitting them to all the connected devices.
Buying a WiFi booster is definitely worth every penny that you are going to invest in it. So going through its goods and bads is inevitable.
There are two basic types of WiFi boosters. One is wireless WiFi boosters while the other is wired WiFi boosters.
You can choose any one of these depending on the area where you live and the need for a strong internet connectivity.
If you are living in a densely populated area, and don’t want to limit your mobility to use the internet, then wired wifi boosters are a good option for you.
A wireless booster connects to your wifi device just like your smartphones, PCs, tablets, or any other personal device.
The setup button on the latest booster models make it easier to get them ready within seconds. Just press the button and you are connected to your internet device within an instance.
On the other hand, wired wifi boosters although limits the mobility factor, it is considered the best for faster speed and zero interruption.
These boosters connect to your existing cables for increasing the signals in the places where the strength is low or none. Wired connection of the boosters ensures better speed with no interference.
How Does A WiFi Booster Work?
- A The current coverage of your internet device is the first thing to ponder upon. This will help you determine whether you need to invest in a wifi booster or not.
- In case you are facing lag issues, constant interruptions, and buffering during your video calls, lie streaming, and gaming hours, you shouldn’t waste a second in perplexity.
- If you are not sure that you will be able to use the wifi booster the right way, then this guide is just for you. The working mechanism of a wifi booster is no rocket science.
- It works almost like a wifi extender. No extra cables, no expensive networking, no hassled set up, and you get a smooth and speedy internet speed even in the hard to reach areas of your house or office buildings.
- The wifi booster initially develops a connection with the wifi device or router that you are currently using as an access point for the devices. The booster sends information to the router.
- As soon as the router accepts the information, it transfers it to the web servers to increase the bandwidth speed and extend it.
- Wifi boosters actually transmit the existing signals with a stronger signal strength, which is why it is considered the same as extenders, however, an extender extends the radio wave signals by converting them into wifi signals.