If you don’t wish to deal with cash but that leaves us with one question: Can You Venmo Yourself?
Yes, you can Venmo yourself if you are 18 years old with a bank account, debit card, or credit card.
Venmo is a digital wallet that can be linked to your external bank account which allows you to do transactions with your friends and family.
You can register for Venmo by downloading the application to your Smartphone or you can also sign up on the Venmo website.
Once you do that you can send or receive money via Venmo from people residing in the United States but it is mandatory to link your bank information.
You can check out the methods mentioned below.
- Link your Bank Account to Venmo.
- Credit Cards can also be used (Fees applicable).
- Checks can be used to deposit funds into your Venmo Account.
- You can also ask your friend to Venmo your funds and you can pay them later.
What More Do You Need To Know About Sending Money To Yourself On Venmo?
You need to be aware of the fact that Venmo can only be used to transfer money to someone else who has a Venmo account.
It cannot be used to transfer money to your second Venmo account.
Beware! You cannot have more than one Venmo account with the same identity.
You must be cautious about the fact that if Venmo comes to know that you have more than one account they will ban your account instantly.
Can You Venmo Yourself From Other Linked Accounts?
You can only add money to your Venmo account by linking your bank account, credit card, or debit card or if someone else with a separate identity holding a Venmo account sends you money.
Venmo Yourself Via Bank Account
you can add money to your Venmo Account by linking your bank account with Venmo.
Your bank account can be used as a funding source to make payments via Venmo.
You need to follow the following steps in order to link your bank account with Venmo:
- Select the Menu Button
- Select Settings then Choose Payment Methods
- Between the Add bank or card option choose Bank
- Then, you will have to choose your Verification method
You must verify your account before you can use it for Venmo related transactions. You can either verify it manually or choose instant verification.
If you choose to add your bank account manually, all you have to do is enter your bank account number or your ABA routing number.
You must not enter your check number since it may cause rejections by your bank during transfers.
Send Money to Your Venmo Account Via Credit or Debit Card
Yes, you can add money to your Venmo account via your Credit or Debit Card but for that, you must be approved by Venmo for a Venmo MasterCard.
Venmo will charge 3% of the amount you request to add through your Credit Card. Let us tell you more about the procedure to attach your Card to your Venmo profile.
- Select the Menu Button
- Go to Settings then Choose Payment Methods
- Between Add Bank or Card choose Card Option
- You can either choose to add your card information manually or with your phone camera
Once you follow the above mentioned steps and correctly enter your Card details your Venmo account will be linked to your Credit or Debit Card.
Venmo does not charge for bank and debit card transactions but as mentioned above you will be charged for debit card transactions.
How To Add Money To Your Venmo Account – Desktop vs Mobile App?
Here, we are going to tell you about the procedure of adding money to your Venmo account using a Desktop or Mobile App.
- Add Money to Your Venmo Account using the Mobile App
First of all, let’s talk about how to add money to your Venmo Account using the Mobile App.
You can add money to your Venmo account directly through the Mobile App but only if you have the Venmo Card.
You need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Venmo App in your Smartphone
- Select the Menu Icon
- Choose “Manage Balance” icon next to Balance amount at the top of the Menu
- Select “Add Money”
- You would be required to enter the amount of money you wish to transfer to your account and then select “Done”.
- You would also be required to confirm the bank account from which you will be transferring the money from, then choose “Next”.
- Examine all of the information related to transfer then choose”Add Money”.
Caution: Make sure that you provide the correct credentials and review them carefully because once you take the final step there is no way to undo it. It takes about three to five working days to complete the transaction.
- Add Money to Your Venmo Account on Desktop
If you don’t have a Venmo Card there is no need to worry about adding money to your account. You need to follow the below mentioned steps in order to transfer money to your Venmo account using a Desktop:
- Open a Web browser Firefox or Chrome
- Go to the https://venmo.com/
- Sign in with your Venmo credentials
- Venmo will send a confirmation code to your mobile number. Once you enter the code you will be directed to the Venmo homepage.
- You will be required to enter vemo.com/addfunds in the search bar once you select it a popup will appear “Add funds from your bank account”
- Enter the amount in the box you wish to transfer and if necessary select which bank account you would like to transfer it from. It is mandatory that the bank account must be verified with Venmo.
- Choose”Transfer Money into Venmo”. A confirmation screen will pop up once you are confident that the information is correct, select “Confirm & Add Funds.”
Although you can not Venmo yourself directly, the methods that we have discussed above work pretty smoothly as well.
If you have doubts, you can always make a micro-transaction first to ensure that your method of choice is working before sending in a larger amount of funds.