The family locator is a feature that is relatively unique to Verizon’s service. To question the need for this service is natural, nobody likes to be spied on but looking at the bigger picture its use can actually be very beneficial.
Our family members are constantly out of the house due to school, work, and recreational activities such as sports and family locator without them knowing makes it simple to track them if need be
Small children, especially, have the potential to wander off into unknown territory or become disoriented and lose track of time. It can be difficult to stay with them no matter how much we want to.
So, what if something bad happens to them?
However, it can be an issue when people don’t want to be watched. For this reason, people want to see if there is a way to use the feature without an alert appearing on the phone.
Verizon Family Locator – Is It Possible To Use Without Them Knowing?
Verizon family locator without them knowing is a service that allows you to find out where your family members are.
There are numerous services designed to track family members, but the Verizon Family Locator is a service that triumphs overall.
Verizon Family Locator is ideal for your needs like keeping track of your children while you’re at work.
How Can I Use Verizon Family Locator Without Them Knowing?
Verizon Family Location can determine the location of family members. Normally, people want to know their location history without knowing who they are.
Please allow me to explain. Keep in mind that Verizon Family Locator will not send messages to the person you are tracking. When you track their location, however, there is a chance that lights will illuminate.
A wheel might spin for five seconds on the phone screen you’re trying to locate and there is no way to turn off wheel rolling notifications.
If your family members or children are aware of what is happening they’ll undoubtedly figure it out. If they aren’t serious about phones, there’s nothing to worry about.
Verizon has its own set of rules and regulations.
As a result, Verizon has ceased to support this opportunity. Aside from that, they run the new Verizon Smart Family. We hope to see some enhancements to parental controls and tracking.
Verizon Family Locator has been eliminated, and Verizon Smart Family Premium has taken its place. All of the features and prices remain unchanged. The steps to follow are fairly simple as well:
- Using a computer, obtain accurate location information from Verizon’s official website.
- Verizon’s Family Locator app is available in the Google Play store, as well as the Apple App Store for iOS users.
- Log in to your Verizon Official account to view the most recent location of synched-up devices.
- To ensure the precise location make sure all the devices are compatible with the software.
- Your family members will not be informed via message or email however their phone screens might light up.
So, How Do I Put It To Use?
When it comes to getting an update on someone’s location, the process is relatively simple to grasp. There are three simple ways to go about it.
- Using your home computer or laptop is the best and easiest way to go about it. You can access the dedicated website that Verizon has set up just for this feature by clicking here
- If you’re out and about, you can also get the information you need by using the App, which you can download easily.
- The final method is a little more difficult but you can also log in to your Verizon account and check the location of all synced-up phones.
However, unless everyone associated with this feature has compatible phones, this won’t be very helpful in pinpointing your exact location. There is a handy list of compatible phones on their website if you want to see if this is the case for you.
- This Wireless Family Locator is ideal for monitoring your children throughout the day.
When you sign up for the service, you’ll be taken to a family dashboard, where you can view your location history and receive alerts. Aside from tracking locations, you can also do the following related tasks:
- Examine the last 7 days to see where your children have been.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly advance schedules so you know where your children are supposed to be at all times.
- Receive departure and arrival time notifications in real-time.
- Use a map with a satellite feature to pinpoint the location.
- Enable Family Base to see who your children are contacting.
Verizon Family Locator Without Them Knowing – Drawbacks
Like any app, no matter how good it is, Verizon Family Locator also has a lot of useful features, but there are a few drawbacks:
- It isn’t free; a monthly subscription is required. The monthly fee is $9.99.
- The accuracy of network location is not present in iOS devices.
All in all, Verizon Wireless Family Locator assists you in locating family members without being painfully obvious about it. As a result, you can simultaneously be carefree and vigilant regarding the whereabouts of your family and loved ones.
Even if features like these can often appear unnecessary and excessive, this one has the potential to be extremely useful in an emergency. However, there is the possibility that some will use the technology for more nefarious purposes.
So, before you proceed with this, consider whether the reason you’re doing this is ethical. Naturally, the desire to do so will be motivated by good intentions in the vast majority of cases. This isn’t always the case, though. So your intentions should serve the greater good.
However, Verizon no longer supports the family locator feature. We can only assume that they were having problems with the service and decided to abandon it in favor of a more advanced one.
As a result, they recently launched the Verizon Smart Family feature. Essentially, this accomplishes the same thing, but it is far more dependable and superior in every way.